Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ess3489)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
just went out for the first time on my new 2004 supra. was trying to wakeskate but couldnt get a very good wave at all. it had alot of white water and just wasent that big at all.

i had all the stock bags full which i think is 300 in each rear locker and the 600 pound in the center ski locker full. please correct me if the stock bags are different. but these still wasnt close to a good have with 3 people in the boat. i want to upgrade all of the sacs to get as much ballast as possible. if i was to replace the rear ones what size and brand would fit best in my boat. i was thinking maybe the 750's by fly high? do those fit well in the rear lockers? also i think i saw an upgraded center bag that weighs like 1100 lbs or something. what do you guys recomend?

i played around with a few spare fat sacs i had but it didnt do much. i added a 500lb on the back surfside and a 250 on the side of the boat on surfside. did i not have enough front wiehgt? should i drain the non surfside locker? regaurdless i want to upgrade all my fat sacs bec i hate having fat sacs laying everywhere on the floor.

any advice on what to buy or where tp place weight on my boat to have a massive wave please let me know thanks
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Replace the rear lockers with the 750's. They won't fill completely because of compartment constraints, but you'll get 650-700 out of them. Replace the center with the 1100 sac, again, won't get completely full, but certainly close enough.

When setting up for surfing;
Fill Center sac
Fill surf side rear sac (leave opposite side empty)
Fill the 600 (old center sac) on surf side seats and partially on sun pad
PP set to 10.7-11.2
Wakeplate @ 50% and raise as needed to cleanup wave

My 05' Launch 22ssv

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-22-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
wow scott. very nice.
Old     (ess3489)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
wow that wave looks massive..... what brand do you recomend that will fit the best with the stock hookups i have? fly high?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Yep, get the Fly High Pro-X Series bags
Old     (ess3489)      Join Date: May 2009       03-22-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
upgraded to the 750lb fly high bags, they are in the mail and will be here this week. I went to measure my rear lockers just to see how they will fit and my lockers are only like 40inch long. the bags are 50x20x20. how are yall fitting these things in the lockers?

i looked and there is a panel in the locker facing the back seat, if you remove it it looks like you can gain 5-6 inches of depth. but it exposes a few hoses and a small 3-4 inch gap to the motor compartment. is it recomended to remove this panel or just fill as much as possible in the original sized lockers? seems like exposing a plasic fat sac to high temp from the engine compartment throught that 3-4 inch gap isnt a good idea, but maybe its been done with no problems