Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (mwrider)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
While shopping for a wakeboard boat I was told by by a local ski shop that this guy (wont say his name here) who is sponsored by chicago mastercraft got a new boat last year and this year and both boats had to have new motors replaced. What's up with mastercraft?
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
Or maybe the guy abused the boats. how can you say a general statement like "What's up with Mastercraft" based on some comment by some guy
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 7:12 AM Reply   
sorry folks, I noticed that this was his first post and first day after I posted. I should have just ignored it and it would have gone away.
Old     (hyperboarder)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
Yea...I know who youre talking about. I heard he was driving a wakesetter now. One of his friends told me that chicago mastercraft has his boat for almost a month and its still not fixed. Buy a Malibu if you want a good boat!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
wow -- two "first posters" both with hotmail e-mail addresses.

very credible.

Obviously, this immature individual doing the posting doesn't realize that Malibu and Mastercraft use the same engine supplier - Indmar.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
.....CLASSIC..... Mike and JL....you both have made my morning. Two guys come in, obviously know the same guy....one posts, the other finds it....first post for both..... Who thinks that JL and Mike are the same guy?

Sorry to digress.......I will focus on the question. What is up with Mastercraft... They are a great builder of boats and make two boats that produce arguably the "best wake" for wakesports out there.

History, reliability, quality product = good marketshare....that is what is up with Mastercraft.

Oh....I have a Nautique if you were wondering....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Yeah whats up with MasterCraft? Why would they keep giving an IDIOT that abuses boats like that, a new one every year? Maybe its not him its the Cornholers that know him ^^^ that are sabotaging his boat so they can write about it on WW.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
Was the ski shop guy telling you this to get you to buy brand X boat over the Mastercraft? Or was he just shootin' the stuff with you?

Why don't you tell us who the ski shop guy is? I know the rider, dealer and boat in question, but would be interested in who decided to tell you this and what their motive was?

I normally don't get into this crap, but when you come on here and associate a solid boat builder and a good dealership with something you know nothing about....it's just bad form.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Whats up with MW people claiming companies "give" boats to people. I may be waayyy out of it, but every person I've heard that "got" boats (heard from non-riders about someone else), always change their tune when I come around. People get good deals, people don't get boats unless their at the tippy top. Then you'd know them.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-30-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
Again, just a guy not knowing what he's talking about. The boat was not 'given' to the rider.

Some pro riders get boats to use for a season, some VERY TOP pro riders are given boats. The circumstance in question involves neither.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
My friend's cousin's boyfriend tore a hole in his brand spanking new VLX using the wedge (I heard didn't even hit anything), and then, in the commotion of a sinking boat, all passengers had their feet trapped when the weak floors caved in and they were drug to the bottom of the lake (as everyone knows, Malibu uses inferior flotation making them not neutrally buoyant). It was truly tragic.
Old    00wakesetter            05-30-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Does chicago mastercraft also sell Tiges??
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-30-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
NAWS post = end thread.
Old    00wakesetter            05-30-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
the reason i ask is i think i know someone that works there.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
If I were Chicago Mastercraft I would think twice about giving this guy another boat. MasterCraft does not build their own engines, Indmar does. So if there is an engine problem out there it will effect more than one towboat manufacturer.
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-30-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Malibu floors are inferior to a MasterCraft build...no wonder they are cheap. Sorry to hear about the passengers going down with the boat-
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-30-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Doesn't look like a Tige dealer is in Chicago period.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
oh god...PLEASE tell me you were just playing along with me sarcasm, jilly
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
JL, don't I know you? And if you're who I think you are, didn't you have the same anti- Malibu statements when you left the malibu dealer to come work for CMC?
So now you're gonna let a personal issue drive you to bash a brand that I've heard you speak highly of for the last year? Just cause you're back down the street wrenching on BUs?
And if it is you, and you want to be sneaky, maybe you shouldn't use your initials as your username.
Just a thought....
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
So sensitive billy. Don't like people saying anything about MC, can't take the heat get out of the kitchen right? You're always the first one to jump in and start bashing Malibu. Yet still you never cease to crack me up.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-30-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
Ok everyone it's time for the truth. I AM THE GUY YOU ARE ALL TALKING ABOUT. I hate to call people out (that I know) but Mike, you might have spared my name but you didn't need to say that and get me into this. 2nd, I would never drive a Wakesetter, especially since that's what I had before my Mastercraft. I broke 4 wedges without hitting a thing. I'm done with Malibu. I don't abuse my boat. Period. So Indmar gave me a dud motor last year... Big deal. Well the Mechanic at Chicago MC is a great guy and he and JL dropped a new motor in within a day. There's no better mechanic than Will Forgie at Chicago MC. Great service. No complaints whatsoever. On my new boat, a minor problem that has been solved since caused the manifold fittings to flood my motor. While I haven't had my boat for a while, it's not the mechanic's fault. He is down on employees and is doing all he can to keep up with the work. He is truly good people and nobody needs to hate on anyone. If I were Christy Smith, I'd stop hating before I knew what I was talking about. If you have any questions you can PM me. Thanks to anyone backing me up and the only people that matter anyways aren't going to listen to the drama and the garbage.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
... and those are the days of our lives.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
nu bu, I said nothing about BU (in this thread).
The guy that put this thread up is Jacka$$ no matter what brand hes talking about. I'm glad I crack you up though.
Old    00wakesetter            05-30-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
hahahahaahah typical
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-30-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hmmmm. Really it is all about the intent of the thread...another bash fest. It doesn't even matter what product it is...MasterCraft, Malibu, Skiers' Choice, Hyperlite or Ronix. It gets a little old when someone goes on a public forum to complain when they should be talking to the parties that can really help them (their dealer).
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-30-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Billy I'm glad I read the fine print (in this thread).. Yes you do crack me up (Cornholers) come on who says that
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Everything Nick says is true to the word. i was there. its not MasterCraft nor Chicago MasterCrafts fault in any way.
Old     (jlund1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW who JL HYPERBOARDER and MIKE are because I don't appreciate people thinking it's me. This is jereme the old mechanic from mastercraft who is now at Munson.First off I would never bash Mastercraft they are a very well built boat. I clearly know Malibu,Mastercraft and Skiers choice all use indmar and this is not at all a boat manufacture issue. Second,} I have nothing bad to say about Chicago Mastercraft they're a great dealer and I left there over personal issue's and it was a better move for me. So don't hate against me I had nothing to do with the WHAT'S UP WITH MASTERCRAFT post.BUT WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO DID!!!! I've never even been on this site before but only registered after I recieved a phone call of someone telling me of this discussion.
Old     (jlund1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-30-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
And Vance wow those comments were harsh! You should know me well enough to know that "A" I would never bash CMC! And "B" I am not at all dumb enough to put my initials in my screen name! But call me to go surfing soon!
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-30-2007, 9:53 PM Reply   
Jereme, I'm glad to hear that. I was wondering what would have made you say that.
Sorry for the comments, I should have called you direct about it instead of posting them.
And lets definitely do some surfing soon. I love the VLX surf wake. I'll be back sunday, so anytime next week works for me.