Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
I'm looking into getting a tower or a pole for my crappy I/O and I don't want to break the bank. I noticed www.diywake.com has pretty cheap towers. Does anyone have one of these? How was instulation? Any pics with it on?
Old     (bcmach)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
I have one. I love it, install was easy w/ great directions and it's solid. I was pretty suprised when it showed up, the hardware is great quality, the finish was excellent and their customer service has been awesome for me. Here's a pic in the garage, I can have more tomorrow from a few different angles. I also have their boardracks and I am about to order a mirror and 8" speaker cans. For your situation the DIY tower is probably perfect. Upload

(Message edited by bcmach on April 28, 2007)
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
That looks real nice! How long did it take for you to get it?
Old     (bcmach)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
a week from CA to CO
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
The tower looks really nice and the price is right, I will definitely consider them for next tower purchase.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-30-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
I have put one of their towers on my Supra last fall. Installation took the better part of an afternoon but that was only because I was paranoid about screwing something up so I measured everthing 3 times before I did anything. You definitely need at least one other person to help you out though. So far I love the tower, It feels very solid and I like the look of it. My only complaint is tha black powder coating on mine seems to chip an scratch easily but that is a minor annoyance.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-30-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
I feel the same way. Great product, great price. Took about 4 hours for me and my brother to install it, with a ton of beer breaks. The paint does chip off the aluminum. Now they have a polished option which I would definitely suggest you look into, otherwise get ready for a lot of touch up painting.

Heres are some pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/GuitsBoy/WakeboardTower
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
If I decide to go with one I think I'll get a powder coated one.... if a little paint didn't chip off it just wouldn't look rite on my boat anyway!haha