Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old    annabell            05-15-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
I have an older Hyperlite that says "Perez Signature" on it and also has a picture of him on the board, it also says ERC (energy rib composite) and Forged Aluminum......anybody recognize this discription? maybe have the date it was made?? What it's cost would have been???
Old    texas_boarder            05-15-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Annabell,

The Perez "Signature" Model was made in 1994, do you still ride it?
Old    murrayair            05-15-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
Is it a skurfer or a twin tip wakeboard? I have a really old skurfer that matches that description.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Since it has the ERC technology, I'd say it's from 1994 or 1995. What exactly does the graphic look like? Is it an overall tropical looking theme, or is it white with (what look to be) air brushed streaks that curve across the top?

As for its value, it just depends on who you come across that wants one of those boards. Sometimes it may sell for 100.00, while sometimes it may not sell at all. It's a tricky market...but I'm always surprised when there's an interest in the surf style boards!
Old    annabell            05-15-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
It's the tropical theme, Here's a picture

back of board
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-15-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
Old skool
Old    texas_boarder            05-15-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
where do you ride ???
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
yeah, that's his pro model from 1994 (the first year hype had pro models). And unfortunately, the only wakeboarding magazine I'm missing is the issue that would have had that board in the buyer's guide. I could probably give you an estimated value (what its listed price was in 1994), but give me a day or two since I'm out of town.

And thanks for posting the pic!
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-16-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
This is an interesting thread. Now I'm curious, I have the very first model "HO" Hyperlite boards. Orange, yellow and purple, 3 fins, bungee straps and all. It's hung in my basement as a piece of wakeboarding history? Has anyone seen these sell in a while?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-16-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
We have the old Wake Tech gator pro model.
What are the bumps on th bottom for?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-16-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
We have the old Wake Tech gator pro model.
What are the bumps on the bottom for?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
Phil, I have that board as well. I bought it because of the history behind it. They'll sell, but from what I've seen alot of it has to do with timing. Mine is basically mint (outside of a bit of chipping on the tail due to the lame ass packing job from that f-er) and it came with a padded hype board bag and I bought it for 45.00.

Just lurk on ebay and watch what they sell for. Some will go fairly high, some won't sell at all. And it's funny because that board faded a lot (or had a tendancy to) and sometimes, people don't care about that.

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-16-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Those bumps were supposed to break up the contact with the water for better release from the wake and softer landings.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-16-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic:-) I'v seen him post that board on here before.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-16-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
I just blindly type away on that rare occurance that I can actually answer a question...sucker born every day
You would think I would know better after 3 years on this forum.
Old    annabell            05-17-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
This board is mint, I picked it up at a yard sale for 11.50 The grandparents bought it for their grandson who obviously didn't use it maybe once. I'm new to wakeboarding and thought this would be good to learn on. After all, it was only 11.50!......sweet deal! To answer your question Mark, I'm trying the Brazos River channel near Ft. Worth
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
annabell, since you are new to wakeboarding you should check out the Pro Tour stop coming to Ft. Worth this weekend. Its held at a little private lake, Marine Creek. Should be a great stop and lot of fun!
Old    annabell            05-19-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
thanks for the info Matt, I found the website for the tour and can purchuse tickts online for 5.00......I'll be sure and try to make it.