Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2005, 8:44 AM Reply   

My spray date is today 04/18 for our 05 VLX. Now the dealer said 10 days to build, then delivery to Ultimate @ there Fairfield location. They have promised boat to be delivered from Merced the week of 05-02.
The boat has been on order since 03-04. How long has the turn around time been for everyone.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
As long as your spray date does not change (and you would probably know by now) it should take 10 days or less. Mine was start to finish in I believe, 7 days. The hold up would be in the shipping from the factory. They have to plan on getting your boat on a load/truck with others coming to your area or shop. As busy as they are, that probably is not a problem. Mine was a mess because of the Christmas holidays, factory closed, shipping, etc. Then you also have any work/installs by your dealer.

Most important: Make sure you contact Ellery at the factory and have pictures sent while the newborn is being made. You don't want to miss out on that.

Also, call in sick, get in your car, and drive to the factory and take a tour while your boat is there. I loved the Bu quality before the tour, but am even more confident and satisfied after seeing the time/effort/care that goes into the build.

Congrats on the new ride. Post pics as soon as you get them. You are going to LOVE that boat!!

Good luck sleeping now!!
Old    zboomer            04-18-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
I'll backup Buzz.

Once set my spray date was pretty solid. I got bumped 3 days right before mine was built, but no big deal. Once started, it took a little over a week.

As he said, then it depends, it can sit there a while waiting to ship. If they are building a truck load for your dealer, they have to get all the boats built.

It took a couple weeks after mine was finished to get to my dealer, which isn't too bad, but the wait is very painful. :-)

Malibu is selling so many '05 VLX's they have a mold shortage, so that's the only thing that might bump you. Only so many molds, and this is the time of the year where tons of orders are coming in.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   

Kool - I spoke with the factory a bit ago, she was born about an hour ago. This is my 2nd child from Malibu. Yes lloking fowrad to here arrival very much. Will be at the factory at the end of the week. I will post pic's as soon as she is done.

Mike@wakeon.com
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
Like I said, make sure Ellery is taking pics along the way so you can see each stage. It may be done by the time you get there.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-18-2005, 4:42 PM Reply   
Racer - Keep us updated as I ordered a Vride from Ultimate in Fairfield and have a spray date of 5-2. I'm praying we have it by memorial day.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Congrats from one malibu owner to another. I also bought an 05 VLX from Ultimate W. and my spray date started on April 12 now Im just waiting for the call to pick her up.
Old    zboomer            04-18-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
It's worth the wait. I took delivery of my '05 VLX last month, and it's awesome.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-18-2005, 7:27 PM Reply   
congrates all on your new boats. i ordered my 05 vlx on 3/28 from oasis water sports in redding ca. still do not have a spray date. it sounds like i should forget memorial weekend.
mike
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   

Just spoke with Mike in customer service @ the Merced Factory & boat is scheduled for completion on 04-27. I will post pic's here soon.

Mike@wakeon.com