Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 5:55 PM Reply   
Where do all these pro's get their stickers from? ex. Huge Mastercraft or Malibu Decals
Old    yearling            03-16-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Lol Probably from mastercraft or Malibu. Pros dont need to buy stickers off of the internet. They get paid to put the stickers on their board and give the company exposure.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
Yeah I know 2p. I actually contacted MALIBU and they don't even make the ones i've been seeing on some of the pro's boards. I find it kinda odd that they don't sell them anywhere. I'm looking for a large MALIBU Green decal.
Old     (fallinguphill)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-16-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
I know certain dealers print up different stickers so that could be why Malibu themselves couldn't help you. Try a few dealers.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2004, 6:33 PM Reply   
get the design and go to a place that makes stickers, they will custom make it for you
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-16-2004, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Forrest & Jon. Do you happen to know what Font MALIBU uses? clipart{blush}
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-16-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
just save pic as, from there site, how the hell am i supposed to no that
Old    dinker            03-16-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
Cobe has pro sticker packages you can buy a pack of stickers with all their specific sponsors
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-17-2004, 3:04 AM Reply   
Like jonb said, just find a malibu image that you like and print it out and take it to a sticker place and have them make you the correct size.
Old    emoney            03-17-2004, 5:25 AM Reply   
WELL GUYS THAT MIGHT NOT WORK BECAUSE OF TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT LAWS. BEFORE YOU DO THIS ASK IF IT IS O.K. THROUGH THE COMPANY, I KNOW I WOULD NOT DO IT UNLESS I HAD A WRITTEN CONSENT THROUGHT THE COMPANY. JUST A LITTLE ADVICE...
Old    x2hoss            03-17-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
ok, If you need stickers i can make any size any color.i do it for a living. most companies arent going to come after me or anybody for 1 or 2 stickers, now if i was selling 1000 malibu stickers somebody might get excited.Also you cant just take a picture and have it made to a sticker. you need vector artwork (lines not dots)or some hard copy like a smaller sticker of the one you want. Most companies should want the free advertisement just make sure you have their logo correct. i also do raised bubble lettering looks very cool for FL#s. i'll shoot some pictures and post them later..........
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-17-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
John - Can't wait to see those pics. I'm looking for decals similar to these pics below.

Brian Grubb & Dallas Friday

Brian Grubb

Dallas Friday
Old    warlock00            03-17-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
Eric is right that is a 10k fine, to start and it only goes up from there, for printing a trademarked or registered logo.

John you could be right they may not come after you for doing 1 or 2 stickers, but then again they could. Just have to decide if it's worth it, which it looks like you have. Although now you have posted it for the world to see.

What is raised bubble lettering?

If you change 30%(think that is the right percent) of the logo then you have changed enough of the logo to print it legally.

Not positive on this, but I think that font maybe trekker, but it's kinda hard to from those pics.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-17-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
thicker, not flat
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-17-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
why would they care if you have a Malibu boat and are advertising them with a logo on your wakeboard?
Old    warlock00            03-17-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
They may not care one bit, but it is a chance you take when you recreate/reproduce a copywrited logo. Why does Disney care if you get a bunch of shirts printed with Mickey on them? Cause they want their cut plain and simple. You have to have a license agreement with that company if you want to print their logo on any kind of item(if you want to be legal in doing so).