Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
This past semester I took an Arduino programming class. Towards the end of the semester I began thinking of ways that I could learn more about this technology. After watching an episode of West Coast Customs where they built a custom car for Microsoft that used a tablet for the gauge cluster. I decided that building/upgrading the dash in our 2001 would be a cool project. Also the speedometers for our boat are constantly getting clogged so we can never get accurate speed readings. Below is a picture of the Microsoft project.

I'm debating starting with a whole dash replacement that would incorporate a tablet or starting small. If I chose to start small I would modify a current speedometer so that it could house a small LCD touchscreen that would display a speedometer. I could add on fuel reading and air and water temperature. My plan is to use a GPS sensor to calculate speed.

I'll keep this thread up to date with my project status (parts, link to code, etc) throughout the summer.