Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-14-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Like It says. I have 2 sacks that have a split on the seams. One is about 1/8" and the other is about 1/2 inch. I know people have fixed these and I know it cant be hard or expensive so what you you use and where can I get it? I was hoping to use these for surfing this year so i dont have to go buy more.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-14-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Go to a pool supply store and buy a vinyl repair kit. Seams are sometimes difficult to totally stop leaking.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-14-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Time to replace the old sac.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-14-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
I dont want to if I dont have to though. I plan on getting 2 different sized sacs for daily use but for surfing 2 or 3 times a month, I want to just pacth one and go with it.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
duct tape and lots of it. thats what i would do when it sprung a leak.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Call a boat dealer that sells inflatables and they will have repair and bonding glue for hypalon. Or call the manufacturer.
Old     (duramaxer)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
I used a patch kit for a dry suit on 2 of my sacs last summer and they are still holding strong. Both holes were on the seam. I just made sure that I put something quite heavy on top of the patch while it was curing (used my tool box from my truck full of tools). Seems to have worked even with people stepping on them now and again.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-14-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
ive used superglue on a sack once it was already filled. water was squirting out and we happened to have some on the boat. dont know why. but we put a bit of the glue on it and it held for as long as the sack was filled.
Old    K.B.C.            03-14-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
I used a raft patch on a seem once and it held up fine. I rarely use it anymore but it is still good to go. I go it at a hardware store.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-14-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
Use the pool patch kit. I have patched 8 inch seam splits with 100% success, along with about 30 mouse holes from storage issues. Never had them fail in the same place as the repair. Anything under an inch is not a big deal.

Plus if you camp a lot, having patches for air mattresses around is a good thing. You may just make someones nights sleep more comfortable.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-15-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
sounds like a pool patch is the way to go then :-) thanks guys
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-17-2008, 1:44 AM Reply   
ahahaha i guess im a firm believer in duct tape... am i the last of the kind??
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-17-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
marine Goop or plumbing Goop. You can buy this at any hardware store, walmart, etc. Just goop it on and let it dry. It will be stronger than new. Duct tape won't hold up.