Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (samhanna)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-06-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
So I bought a hyperlite extender line last summer, the one you can dial into any length, 185$. It is trash, literally. It snapped last weekend at the apparatus that extends the line. It is less than 8 months old.

Hyperlite will not warranty it without a receipt. Unfortunately I cannot locate said receipt. This has been a week long battle with hyperlite and sun and ski sports as hyperlite will not deal with the customers directly.

Last summer I bought a pair of USED CWB boots from Gene that were 2-3 years old. I broke them last summer and CWB overnighted me a pair of AA's for FREE! Hyperlite wont even replace their faulty rope that snapped while I was in tow and nearly put my eye out.

I just want to bring this issue to light for anyone that is considering buying their products.... I personally will never buy another hyperlite product or say a positive word about them until the day that I die. This whole issue has pissed me off so bad I am seriously contimplating getting eye exams and hiring a lawyer to sue them. ****ers...
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-06-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
So your pissed at Hyperlite for asking for proof of purchase?

And you thanked CWB for overnighting you new bindings by purchasing from their competition?

Your right... You should sue
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-06-2011, 7:50 PM Reply   
I've lost out before because I didn't save the receipt. My bad !
Old     (HuYuFuLin)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-06-2011, 10:53 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of 06 HL Murrays in 2008. The BOA wire snapped in 2010 with a couple weeks left on the warranty. I was amazed but even more happy to get a new pair of a bindings made 4 years ago like that. What did they just have a surplus of them boots or did they continue making them for a couple years?

Anyways I know I woulda been SOL without the reciept. Luckily I bought them online and keep all my emails.

Big THANKS to ebay store Grizzly-Sports and Hyperlite.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-07-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Yeah, that is your fault for not keeping your receipt. With the economy and market the way it is I can see from a business standpoint why they won't give something away without a proof of purchase. Also, the ropes are only warrantied for a year, so as a part of their warranty process they need proof it is within that year warranty.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-07-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
Did you pay with cash or card? You can usually find and print the transaction information online and hopefully that should be enough of proof for purchase. I've once had the issue of not having my receipt so I went to the local shop I bought them from and they somehow looked it up and reprinted my receipt. Hope that helps...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-08-2011, 5:45 AM Reply   
so hyperlite asked for a receipt and you get mad? wow. kids these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhanna View Post
I personally will never buy another hyperlite product or say a positive word about them until the day that I die.
somehow, i think hyperlite will survive. and yeah, good luck w/ that lawsuit.
Old    Tyler93            05-08-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
I'm not sure its fair to be mad at hyperlite because you didnt save the receipt... I've never ridin anything but Hyperlite, and my experiences with their warranty policy have been awesome. I'm on my third Marek board and i've only paid for one!
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-08-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
At the shop I work at we keep all of our customer history on the computer, so we have reprinted receipts for people many times. I know it can be hard to hold onto a receipt.
And as for as the whole eye exam suing thing, yeah good luck?
As far as I know, its pretty hard to knock an eye out with a non stretch wakeboard rope....
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-08-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Agree with Travis....use a reputable shop (vs retailer) and you will never have this issue, as they will keep your info on file. I had nothing but positive experiences when I did need warranty help from Hyperlite/Byerly.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
You warrantied a second hand pair of bindings that were a couple years old? Damn how cheap can you get?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
why wouldnt he return them if there a couple weeks left on the warranty.. its not being cheap its just common sense
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
The shop that I got my bindings from always kept the receipts or some kind of proof of purchase on file. My receipt blew out of my car on the way home from the shop after getting the bindings, but when I had to warranty them a few months later, they were able to work with me based on the fact that they had records.

Heck, even at the movie theater I work at, we keep all non-customer copies of the receipts, so that shop not keeping that is just poor business on their part. Sorry you're SOL. Doesn't sound like it's as much Hyperlites fault as it is a combo of your fault for losing the receipt and bad practices on the part of the shop.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-08-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Shame on Hyperlite and Sun & Ski for not providing good customer service. I believe in the decency of people, and have nor eason to believe someone is lying unless they give me a good reason to doubt their word. I have made several purchases from Sun & Ski, so can't comment on that. I did buy a closeout sale on a 2 year old board once at nearly half off... Apparently they oversold, because when I got the board it was the current year board. Just different graphics, but they honored their clearance sale price and gave me the brand new current year board at way below what they were advertising them for on their site.

Beyond that, any purchase I make online I PDF the receipt and save it on my hard drive. Paper documents (don't have a lot) are scanned to PDF and filed on my disk as well as a filing cabinet. I also save all my email in a .pst file, so right there I have two ways to look up receipts. Beyond that, I have a RAID 1 on my drives so if one fails I don't lose anything and can just replace the one disk with no data loss. I also back up to an encrypted external disk monthly for added insurance. I really should keep my external backup at a friends house to be safe from fire or theft, but I don't. I keep all my financial documents, taxes, receipts, pictures, documents, etc. on my computer and data loss would be devastating. Not worth the risk given the ease of digitizing this info and the low cost of storage these days.

In any event, thanks for sharing your experience. I will remember this on future purchases, though I'm not certain how it will sway my decisions in the future.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
Since when does warranty apply to anyone other than the original buyer? Its people like this guy who buy gear second hand then turn it in for warranty that drive up the prices for all of us!
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-08-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
Sparky, I don't understand waht you're saying there... Guy bought a NEW rope length adjuster that broke within the warranty period. Hyperlite won't deal directly with him (poor customer service) and the retailer he bought from won't honor the warranty without a receipt, and doesn't keep records (poor customer service). CWB stepped up and honored a warranty they didn't have to on his SECOND HAND / USED bindings that failed. That's good customer service. They didn't have to replace them, but they did. That puts CWB up a few notches on my list, and I will take that into consideration for future purchases.

Another option, OP, is if you bought with a credit card, check your statements going back to when you bought it. Maybe Sun & Ski will step up if you show you bought something from them at that price or greater at the same time you said you did.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Thought it was obvious I wasnt talking about the rope.
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
Hyperlite = The shizle!!
Old    mojo            05-08-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
To be honest they've always ruled for me with customer service. But always keep big expense receipts or register your product
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
Ive bought roams second hand off of ebay and have had them warratied countless times. (the bolts for the bindings ripped out) The last one they made me send them the broken baord and sent me a new 2010 roam.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ok. And who exactly do you think pays for the warranties/gear that you get? Answer: all of us do! Ding ding ding! And we wonder why these companies drop like flies. Lol
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-08-2011, 8:39 PM Reply   
This is total horse sh*t and you are the cheapest SOB i have ever heard of. It takes some brass balls to warranty a 3 year old pair of bindings that you purchased used. And ropes break sometimes, 8 months of riding on a rope can definitely cause it and Accurate lines are arguably the best in the business. And how could your rope be $185 dollars?? You expect them to replace the rope AND handle? Like Sparky said, there is a reason why gear is getting so expensive because people like you take advantage of companies that are all struggling right now. Did you tell CWB that you bought those bindings used? Or did you basically take advantage of them too? Support our sport, do not be a power turning wally if you can handle it. Oh and I too have never had anything but amazing customer service with hyperlite. Hyperlite was the only gear that I would ride because of how good they are about warranties. The most expensive accurate line is $129 btw. Now if you buy their 80' a line and use a separate handle, you can almost spend $180. I have used the same accurate line for 6 years and its in perfect shape. The only thing I change is getting new handles when the grip wears down, but my rope is my baby.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-08-2011, 9:38 PM Reply   
your a towell!
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2011, 12:59 AM Reply   
Broke my old Hype Roam and they hooked me up with a new Roam.
Have to say I thought the guys at hype where excellent.
Sounds like CWB went above and beyond with your bindings.

This is a pretty small industry and the companies we have try very hard to keep every one happy.
I'd say learn form this and keep you reciept.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-09-2011, 3:54 AM Reply   
I snapped my Marek first run of the season last year. I actually drove an hour to where I bought the board from, it is the most "local" shop that is around me. I always try to buy everything local because hey, it helps your local wakeboard store and helps positively drive wakeboarding in the region if the shop is doing well. The store took my board gladly without a receipt, I just explained how I bought it from them a year ago (another good reason to buy locally). Hyperlite gave me a brand new board, even gave me one a size higher because I grew that year being in high school, and to my surprise it even had Rusty's signature on it! Now that's sounds like some good customer service to me, wouldn't you agree?

My friend also bought a line and in one year it tore up pretty badly... bringing it out to the store they replaced it right away with no questions asked, right on the spot.

This does not sound like a Hyperlite issue to me. Big companies like Hyperlite have certain protocol for dealing with warranties so they don't keep getting screwed over giving out brand new equipment to people that don't deserve it. Bashing them as a brand is not right at all. It sucks that this is frustrating you so much, and I would be frustrated if this happened to me too, but in the grand scheme of things it is your fault for purchasing the product the way that you did, and for not being responsible enough to realize what you would need for a warranty if something did happen to what you purchased. Don't bash Hype for a mistake that YOU made. Take some responsibility for your actions and don't blame companies for following the Rules for Warranty that they have set up probably years and years ago.

Go Hype.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-09-2011, 4:28 AM Reply   
He should buy from Overton's or Wileys next time, support your local shop you know!!! lol I really don't know what he expects buying a gimmicky type product anyhow. I didn't even get to the part about eye exams or law suits. Please go purchase a kneeboard and stay out of our sport. I've snapped a rope doing a glide on the cable and ate sh*t. Did i go bitch and moan about getting my money back, no, i laughed. I've seen most of my friends snap a line. I had a buddy snap a rope doing a GIGANTIC RALEY demoing an xstar. Did he sue Mastercraft? No he bought the boat.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-09-2011, 6:48 AM Reply   
well why would I waste more money on another board when its still under warranty? If the companies dont wanna back their product, then dont put a warranty. The company by placing a year warranty on these products is saying, "our product is durable enough to last you a whole year after the purchase, and if it doesnt, we will more than happily replace it for you" to me not, "too bad, please go spend another 200 bucks on a board that will most likely break within a year".
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       05-09-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has replaced two boards under warranty for me with no hassle. Big fan of their customer service.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-09-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Sam Hanna = Garbage!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-09-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
interesting that Sam has not said another word.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-09-2011, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Just what I was thinking. Lol
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-09-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
i was going to post the same thing earlier but i couldn't post from my phone.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
Couldnt agree more with Andy - Bueller?

I love that these threads show how much better the customer service for the main wake companies really is. One bad egg and 15 other replies that show how solid their service really is. Good job Hyperlite.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2011, 5:01 PM Reply   
I don't blame HL for wanti
Old     (ukiman)      Join Date: May 2009       05-10-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
A few years ago I broke over 20 Hyperlite boards in a two year period. They replaced every single one, no questions asked (well after a while they started asking questions, but based on how they broke so that they could learn and make better boards). They even sent me prototypes after a while. I had a good relationship with the shop that I got my gear from and there were never any problems returning them. I have not broken a board in a few years now. Maybe they learned something from my boards? Some were snapped, others had inserts ripped out. While Hyperlite is no longer owned by the Obriens, I would still buy one of their boards or any other product of theirs. Maybe it is your attitude that made them not work with you on the issue?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-10-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
BURTON SUCKS! oops wrong thread, sorry
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-10-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
I have to agree, hyperlites customer service leaves alot to be desired. While CWB just fixes the issue.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-10-2011, 6:58 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=ukiman;Maybe it is your attitude that made them not work with you on the issue?[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. A positive attitude and respect goes a long way.
Old     (samhanna)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-10-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
Ok, I guess I need to clear some things up, although several people above have fully understood.

First of all, it is my fault for not keeping the receipt. Second, it is my fault for supporting small businesses that support local riders. I purchased the rope extender one of the first days it came in stock at a local shop, and they dont keep records of receipts.

I am upset with Hyperlite for: 1)not dealing with the customer directly, 2)not honoring a credit card statement that shows the purchase price and the store name, 3)not honoring a one year warranty on a product that has not been on the shelf for a whole year. I am not sure how some of you have dealt with HL directly but I have had no such luck. The local shop that I purchased it from has dropped HL as a dealer specifically for "repeated bad customer service and continued poor quality of products". Calling HL they directed me to Texas Mastercraft who has also stopped carrying HL recently. This left me to deal directly with Sun and Ski Sports, who I have no problem with BTW, as they were the only HL dealer within an hour of my house.

I dont know where some of the troll messages above came from, I do not expect them to replace my handle?, nor do I even care if they refund my money. All I wanted was a new rope, period.

Lastly, I did purchase used CWB boots from a friend to try them out. When the baseplate broke on them I called CWB to purchase a new base plate, as the boots were still in very good condition. They, CWB, who dealed directly with the customer OFFERED to replace them for free. I did not ask/beg/plead/request/etc. that they warranty these boots, they OFFERED it.

Never once with any company or representative did I get a bad attitude. I was being facetious when I made a remark in my OP about suing them. I do have a nice video of the rope snapping off the boat and slapping me in the face though.

You can twist this thread into however you would like to misinterperet it and call me garbage. I simply wanted to share my experience with people that share the same intrests and passions that I do. I can tell you that I as a consumer will no longer purhase HL products. I also, being directly involved with several cable parks currently under construction in Texas will persuade the pro-shops to carry other brands.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-10-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Second, it is my fault for supporting small businesses that support local riders. I.
You make it sound like this is a bad thing?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-11-2011, 4:25 AM Reply   
I purchased a new 09 marek last year from my local shop and broke it a few months later. They sent me a 2010 no questions asked. Broke that one now I am riding a 2011 marek. Same with my 2010 team boots. The reason they want a dealer to work the warranty process is that it is actually a process. The dealer usually has to destroy a board beyond repair and send photos to the manufacturer. Calling hyperlite directly for warranty issues is going over the heads of like 2 channels the warranty process should go through... Ie shop and factory rep. It's like calling chevy corporate because you have a warranty issue with a car you purchased. They don't really have time to deal with minor issues/complaints and their validity. That is the job of where you purchased. You should be able to take your rope thing to another shop with no receipt and get it worked out. My shop warrantied a pair of boots for a friend that purchased them elsewhere.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-11-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
Sam way to stand up for yourself! Good Work. I agree poor customer service sucks on any level. Way to pop back in here and clear things up.

that takes Moxy son, moxy!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-11-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
All you have to do is bring the rope to the store you bought it from and have them do the warranty process. When I had to warranty one of these ropes at my shop because of it snapping, they took care of it no problem. I had to ship it directly to Hyperlite so they could inspect it, to make sure it hadn't been tampered with. But, I got a replacement rope for the customer.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-11-2011, 8:33 AM Reply   
SO the board shop stopped carrying HL? OR they could not afford to keep their account with HL? I am not trying to be an A** and assume anything. However, in my experience I have seen many shops unable to make payments on credited product...etc and in return the company will not warranty/return anything related to that shop. I am not saying your wrong, but there seems to be something missing here.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-11-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowem87 View Post
However, in my experience I have seen many shops unable to make payments on credited product...etc and in return the company will not warranty/return anything related to that shop.
Perhaps those companies should print that on their warranty information.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-11-2011, 11:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
I dont know where some of the troll messages above came from,
Quote:
You can twist this thread into however you would like to misinterperet it and call me garbage.
did you not read your first post? if not, read it; it will explain the comments above.
Old     (samhanna)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-12-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
No, my first post is fine. I guess next time I post I need to realize that my target audience reads on a third grade level, and has the competency rate of a small MR child.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
yeah, you're right; every single person that responded to your 1st post all read your post wrongly.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
So the shop you bought it from doesn't have your receipt on file?
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
Wow when did people on here just start bashing people for their post. Lay off the guy, everyone has their own opinion on customer service and how it should be done. Don't crucify the guy. And let's be clear their are different levels of customer service and some do make you jump through hoops and in this case he feels that's what's happening. Agree or not but personally I'm tired of all the bashing people give now.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
I've never been asked for a receipt. A product is under warranty or it's not. I would find a new board shop if this one doesn't have your back. .
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       05-12-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
No, my first post is fine. I guess next time I post I need to realize that my target audience reads on a third grade level, and has the competency rate of a small MR child.
Really?
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-12-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
For what it's worth, I read and write for a living and I thought you sounded like a douche in your first post.
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2011, 6:46 PM Reply   
Are we the target audience? As part of my job position I sometimes have to write official letters, however I have to use Turner language, which is rated at the 4th grade level. And we don't refer to our people as "a small MR child" we use the term developmentally disabled, which describes my nephew! No wonder you have problems!
Big X2 sounding like a douche! it fits your profile pic, popping the yellow shirt collar w/ plaid shorts..nice outfit "Skippy"....
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2011, 5:28 AM Reply   
The laces on my BRAND new boots just blew out last night after 5 tricks....i think I am going to warranty.
Old     (neverwinter)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-13-2011, 5:50 AM Reply   
I just want to add that I bought a pair of HL's 2010 team bindings from someone who had just purchased them from a store. I deal with a different store but both are HL resellers. After 5 months the plate snapped and I warrantied them through my local dealer (without a receipt) and 1 week later had a brand new pair of 2011's!

I think this has more to do with your retailer than HL!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-13-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hyperlite is an AWESOME company. I had a pair of old Murray's that I basically tore apart- literally- on some back roll falls and I sent them in to be repaired ( this is like 3 years after I bought them) and the GAVE me a new set- I am a HUGE fan of Hyperlite!!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
This whole issue has pissed me off so bad I am seriously contimplating getting eye exams and hiring a lawyer to sue them. ****ers...
You are kidding right? You ARE A DOUCHE BAG!

People like you deserve poor customer service.

Why are you complaining about Hyperlite asking for a receipt? Also 8 months with a rope... did you care for it? You get it stuck around the prop? lots of factors involved.

You are a civil engineer according to your profile, so you have an education... act like you do..not like a steroid, fake'n bake, spiked hair douche bag who' ego is always in the way.

Also you have a King Ranch pickup and epic boat.... You have some money... stop complaining about $185.00 then... or wait... maybe you are all maxed out on credit and can't make your payments....

End of rant..... Happy Friday.... time to go riding tomorrow.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-13-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-15-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
This is hilarious! I havent been on WW since leaving Hyperlite, where I was the Warranty Manager. I HATED and LOVED these type of threads.

I am NOT speaking on Hyperlite's or Sun & Skis behalf. (BTW, I left Hyperlite on great terms to take a different job and I still LOVE Hyperlite and the crew that is there) First off, the nFinite Rope Adjuster doesn't cost $185, full retail on that is $160 and most shops dont charge full retail. So you already sound like you are trying to exaggerate the situation. Plus that nFinite adjuster has been out for a year beyond its warranty length. And I saw two warranties on that product out of the huge amount that were sold. One was a warranty, and one was obvious abuse. Second, there is always more details to stories than I tried to warranty it and they told me no. I would be very interested to hear what the background on this RA is.

I do think I understand though. You showed your true colors by saying you need to talk down to the people on WW, and you think we are all small MR children. I think it was something close to that right? I am guessing that if you talked to the shop like that, or Hyperlite (or anyone for that matter), they are not going to want to jump through a bunch of hoops and do a bunch of favors for you. A kind voice and a "Please" can get you a long way in life, you should try it.

If you ever consider being a customer of mine in any companies I end up at I would strongly encourage you to shop somewhere else. I would rather concentrate on a customer who will not go onto a public forum and flame on my company for a mistake like a missing proof of purchase.

Go Hyperlite Customer Service! You know I think they are the best!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-15-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
I've broken a few pairs of boots and snapped several boards in my day, a few of which were Hyperlite (NOT A QUALITY STATEMENT, JUST AN OBSERVATION!! haha) and everybody at Hyperlite was extremely helpful with the situation.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
@ adam levitt - LMFAO thats hilarious. This thread has completely blown up
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-18-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
I love you Corey!
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Corey, that warranty you did was for the shop I work at!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-18-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
I bought a 07 b-side from a dealer on the east coast online. Just under a year later I broke the board. The dealer I bought it from was too busy taking care of his customers that buy boats to deal with the warranty of my board. The a$$hat wouldn't even return my calls. I contacted EVO in Seattle where I have bought a few things in the past and they helped me to warranty the board and I got last years B-Side at the end of the season. Now I know this doesn't have anything to do directly with HL and more with EVO but I was still very appreciative that they helped me out and HL for honoring the warranty. Just because you have had an issue with HL doesn't mean they are crap across the board.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
I bought a pair of 2010 mareks from wiredsport in February. Was getting ready to take my first set with my new bindings a few weeks ago. I pulled the last lace and I heard the snap. All the eyelets on the right top binding had ripped out. I was kinda mad. But I contacted wiredsport and they offered to swap them out. 2 weeks later, I have my new 2010 Teams on my board and ready to go. Love Hyperlites products. I've ridden almost every board company and came back to HL. Especially for their customer service.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
I am a 40-year old small MR child! Just ask my 43 employees and my hundreds of clients oh and my banker! All hale the successful MR people on this site.