Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-09-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
Ok, a while back I put up a thread in regards to what some of you guys used for treatment/supplements in regards to help with joint/tendon/ligament pain or rehabilitation.

I did some research in regards to this, and found that supplements with (pharmaceutical grade) Cissus Quadrangularis help rebuild and strengthen damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints, and can even treat tendonitis.

Reason being that it has a ketosterone-a steroid hormone- no it wont cause you to get buff because its purpose is to deliver critical nutrients to "white" tissues such as ligaments and tendons to help rebuild and strengthen them.

I tried a product (I am not going to say the name because I sell it supplements and I am not trying to sell anything to you guys, just help out) that contained the cissus q as a main part of it, and have experienced great results as the ligament pain in my hand is gone, and have not had any joint pain or tendonitis after 2 weeks of taking it.

Considering that I have partially torn ligaments in my knee, ankle, fore arm and hand, hip and had tendonitis in my right elbow, I am very happy myself.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Sweet as, I might have to keep an eye out for some of that sounds like the goods. My shoulder has been not so good every time I go for a surf lately, gotta get that sorted for Summer.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-09-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
OK, good, now share the product name so those of us with the same problems may benefit.
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-09-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
There are a few products out there, its just I dont want to sound like I am selling you guys something because I am a supplement distribution sales rep. The stuff I did use was by USP Labs calles Supercissus RX, and I was very happy with it, but there are others such as Primaforce Cissus,1FAST400, and just plain Cissus. The one I used was the only one I could find that used the purest form of the extract though.

I do distribution to supplement stores, but for a good price I know you can get it from supplements.net
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-09-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
I want to see all my boarding homies on the water longer, going bigger, and having more fun, and if this helps then I did my part!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-10-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Ruptured my bicep 2 months ago, had the surgery to reattatch; I have been taking USP labs Supercissus Rx for about a month,hoping it would help with the recovery. With nearly 20 years of riding my knees are a lil creaky; i felt relief in my knees within 2 days of taking it, i didn't "load it" as the label suggested, i just started and stayed with 2 caps a day.i believe the label or the website does warn not to mistake the pain relieving effects as healing, but I'm hopeful that cissus will help keep me going out into the flats for another 20 years.
I also put a 65 year old client on it and he too felt immediate relief in his knees as well.....worth a try imo.
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-10-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
This would be the one!

Upload
Old     (snowfire)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-10-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try.
Old     (dillls)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-10-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Think this a good to take after knee reconstruction surgery?? I am 5 weeks out of the surgery and just patiently waiting for the ACL tendon to regain its strength. Doctor wants me off any board for 9 months.
Old     (ridinonair)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-10-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
You can take it after surgery, from my experiences, and other testimonials I have read from the people using it (being that I deal with them every day) that it could possibly help you heal faster, but don't get back on the board until you are cleared by the doctor, but it may be sooner with the product.