Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-25-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone else is having ballast problems with their 2014 Supreme V226’s. While we are surfing the bags empty out fairly quickly to around half full. At least that’s when it affected the wake enough to notice and check the bags. This happens on both sides (one at a time) and we have gotten to the point where we just leave the pump on the whole time were riding which obviously isn’t good for its lifespan. I have had it down to the dealer who replaced check valves, pump impellors, and routed the intake hose to have a bend near the top of the locker that I guess is supposed to act like a P trap in your sink in reverse??? The problem still persisted following these repairs. The dealer & factory guys are now saying that the bags are draining out the overflow ports when the boat is listed and the solution is to swap sides with the overflow hoses so port overflows to starboard etc. The factory and dealer have been helpful and are sending me some new lengths of hose to perform the swap and maybe this will work but my gut says it’s not the right permanent solution as it doesn’t account for when we have both rear bags full for wakeboarding. I was hoping I could tap into some of the WW expertise to help me solve this. Here’s a few details – reversible jabsco pump on each side of transmission, underwater intake on hull bottom, rear overflow is near the rub rail, check valve on the inside right before the overflow port exit. Sacs are the Enzo style that fill the lockers and go under the side seats.