Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-06-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
who has a switchblade and what does it do for you
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-06-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
For surfing it cleans up the top of the wave and adds 2-4 inches, both port and Goofy. Really helps on the goofy side.

Wakeboarding is where it really shines. Not only does it make the wake bigger to what they say is 600lbs equivilent, but makes the ramp shoot you straight up. The guys I go with don't like the blade too much more than half way as it really shoots you straight up. I don't have to pop off the wake like on other boats. I can straight leg it and easily go w2w. We are not pros, so the boat with blade is more than we really will ever use. I love being able to tweak it on the fly.
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-06-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
The blade really does help with Surfing wakes. It cleans the wake up on either side of the boat as well as adds height. It also allows you to run alittle faster and have a longer wave that is nice and steep.

For wakeboarding or skating it really will steepin up the wake and give you amazing pop. On my Aby I skate with it at 1 and it is amazing. Behind a bigger boat like the enzo we use 3 for boarding and skating it is a perfect wake. So good!!!
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-08-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
thanks im stoked,how long do you want your wake plate for wake surfing
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-09-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
how do you get rid of the roaster tail when you use the switchblade Ihave a 4 inch wakeplate does that mean anything
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2008, 11:14 PM Reply   
^^^ Never heard it called a wake plate but from what I've read 5-6" is average...sorry to be the one to tell ya.
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-12-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
hahahahaha
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-13-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
yeah you have to put a wakeplate on with the switchblade to make the wave you want,I watched one of my freinds get the first real barrel behind the boat ,biggest wave you ve ever seen,but it took alot of tests to figure it out and alot of time with an enginer to make it work and this is what happened Upload
Upload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-13-2008, 3:51 PM Reply   
How do you add a wakeplate with the switchblade? Can you post some pics?

Duffy
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-13-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
this was my first one and it was to shortUpload
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-13-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
So what does the wakeplate do with the switchblade? Does it help with roostertails? What boat is this on? Thanks
DUffy
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-13-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
for my boat you have to have a wakeplate or it will roater tail all over you and its a cyclone there really not made to go on a cyclone but i have a good friend who custom does boats in santa rosa ca named jim at ace marine
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-14-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
That is awesome James its cool to see someone trying different stuff! That wave is incredible, you need to post some pics with people on the wave now.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-29-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
I rode without the switchblade today just a trim tab,and i will tell you what the switchblade makes the wave so much better,bigger and alot more power and a bigger lip to air of.When you go to do a air with the switchblade on ,its like a motorcycle jump it throws you in the air
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-29-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried the switch blade for wakeboarding? How was it?

(Message edited by element8456 on November 29, 2008)