Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jessicasurf)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-03-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
Are there any sceduled wakesurfing events this summer?
Old    surfdad            05-03-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
Two that are coming up quickly. The NorCal INT League on May 20th up in Gerber. June 3rd up near Portland Oregon, I believe on Fall Creek Lake contact Nanci at BlueTurns.com or register at GIJoes.com (shortly). Scioto Wakefest is on August 3-4, hit Ed Sullivan up for specifics. That contest is in the Clevland, Ohio area. There are a few others scheduled in IN, MN, SC, FL and I believe Virgina, if you are interested.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
That's Columbus Ohio
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Oh.. and it's Saturday and Sunday August 5th and 6th.
Old    surfdad            05-03-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
I wasn't even close was I?! Sorry Ed!!!!!!
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-03-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Where in Florida? Will Ned be there?

(Message edited by Ed G on May 03, 2006)
Old    surfdad            05-03-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Ed, stop! I seem to have problems with EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's :-) And YOU are putting that FL contest together, so you can keep us all informed. I posted a few pic's of the clinic and Jamboree in a different thread.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-03-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Did you know that Trevor Hansen's parents were at the jamboree watching the wakesurfing and handing out raffle prizes including wakesurf boards?

They happen to run a wakeboarding school in Clermont....

how much lake do we need for a tournament?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-03-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
Jessica,

Good to see you here again. You are hard to reach. Left a couple messages. When are you coming home? We miss ya! Lake opens this weekend. Give me a call.
Old    surfdad            05-03-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
I didn't know that!

A good course should be between 800 feet to 1500 feet, with an additional 100 feet on each end for boat turn-around. So between 1,000 feet and 1,700 feet is good.

If possible, positioning "Last Chance Fall Buoys" approximately 150 feet from the exit gates is great for the riders.
Old     (jessicasurf)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-04-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey Buzz,
I have been on a lake here in Maryland, we have no reception so cell phones are out. Our boat broke down so now I am really board and am looking into trying to get a boat deal. I leave to visit Hawaii tomorrow and am uncertain as to what I am going to do. If I get a boat deal, I will practice all summer long and compete. Any ideas as to who may want to sponsor me for the wakesurfing events?
Old     (wakesurfermike)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-04-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
The guys at Calibrated looking for more female team riders. You should send them a sponser me video. Dave Gitlen is the contact. His e-mail is dave@calibratedwakesurfing.com.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-05-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
BoardStock is always a good wakesurfing event in California. Many big sponsors. It was at Clear Lake, CA last year. Hopefully they will post what lake it's going to be on shortly.
Old    surfdad            05-09-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Jessica won the women's open at the World Wakesurfing Championship in '04, and ran the ladies ragged in last years contest. She knows that contest well. :-)

June 3rd up at Dexter Lake just outside Eugene Oregon, GI Joes and Blue Turns Watersports are putting on a three event contest that will include wakesurfing. To register for the event you must call GI Joes at 541-343-1666 and speak with Dianne, or one of the boys in the Watersports department, apparently their web guy has not put an online registration together yet.
Old    surfdad            05-11-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
Hey folks be sure to read this thread under the events forum:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3320/325567.html?1147365445
Old    surfdad            05-16-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
We are gathering all sorts of killer prizes for this contest. Boards from Inland, Awakesurf, Calibrated, Trick Boardz, the Walker Project, Shred Stixx and clothes from the likes of Entrust Clothing, subscriptions to Wakesurfing Magazine AND we just scored board racks from 2nsane.com!

Check these out:

http://www.2nsane.com/wakeboarding.html

Remember, you don't have to WIN or even place in the event, just enter and you could go home with a board or this killer rack. Notice it's one of the only racks on the market that doesn't require a horizontal orientation for the surf style boards. I may have to just buy one for myself! :-)

(Message edited by surfdad on May 16, 2006)
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
So where will the comp in FL be held? Ed/Jeff?
Old    surfdad            02-05-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hey Jon, I need to respond to your email. I'm not ignoring you - would you be interested in putting one together under the banner of the AWSA?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
Jon, As far south as I'm going in 2007 is Tennessee. I'm planning a number of events in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I'll definately help to put together an event here in FL. Never done anything like that before, but i'm in for promoting wakesurfing in the wakeboarding capital of the world. We're already talking about starting a Wakesurfing Club at UCF if there's enough interest. What can i do? How can i help?

Thanks Jeff
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-05-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Jon, Jeff talked me in to organizing an event last year. It's been a lot of fun. I'd be happy to give you some idea of what I've done.

Jeff, I'll let you take lead on first steps, let me know if there's anything I can do.
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-05-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Ed/Jeff. I'm thinking that Orlando Watersports Complex (www.orlandowatersports.com) may be open to hosting the event. What's the best way to go about talking to sponsors or venue mgrs, and getting the word out? I think FL events would have huge potential for new riders and opening up the sport to traditional surfers as well.
Old    surfdad            02-06-2007, 4:39 AM Reply   
Hey Jon,

Thanks so much for your enthusiasim and interest. I've sent you an email that should help get you started.
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Jeff, I got your e-mail. Jeff & Ed, thanks for the advice. Luckily, the USA Ski Hall of Fame is just down the highway from us here in Orlando and there's a few organizations i can work with to help create an event for maybe 100-200 participants (riders + spectators + staff). For planning purposes, i know this wouldn't necessarily be a grassroots event but i still plan on keeping with the Cub Scout values, just on a larger scale. Everyone wins and is awarded for the skills they present and for just showing up and having fun. I hope this will generate more interest in the Orlando-area and consequently all of FL/Southeast since I'm sure there's a huge potential for growth here given our relatively warm weather year-round, abundance of lakes and existing complimentary industry-base from wakeboarders and wakeskaters and skiers.

So i'm looking at tentative dates in MAY 2007 for a Wakesurfing Contest open to ALL ages and skill levels with prizes for all participants and a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. Possibly a 2-day event to accommodate all riders and provide for entertainment (concert) and demo sessions and instructional areas to create new riders and interest in the sport.

As for the goofy/regular debate i found earlier, we'll have boats set-up to accommodate both styles and hopefully judges with experience judging or riding to keep everything fair.

I'd also like to have as many categories of riders/skills available but that depends on how many people show up to compete. So far, we're looking at dividing out: Boys (Under 16), Novice Mens (0 spins or aerial maneuvers, for beginners), Advanced Mens (1-3 "tricks"), Expert Mens (more than 3 tricks), 'Big Kahunas' (Ages 30+, i guess), Novice Women, and finally Advanced Women. The women's category will be divided based on either age or skill depending on how many sign up. Hopefully there will be enough riders for both skill categories in both age ranges (4 groupings).

We're already talking to DJ's and announcers, and hope to use a radio station, local newspapers & the internet for marketing the event. Plus flyers and stickers and word of mouth.

What i am interested in is finding out WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING as a rider, a sponsor, a vendor, a cameraman, a staff member, a judge, a driver, etc... So if this event were available in the ORLANDO area and in MAY 2007, who might be interested in attending in some form or fashion? Who's comin' with me!?

Any advice or opinions? Thanks.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-07-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
if it were held on the Clermont chain of lakes, I'd help out in some capacity fer sure.

I would demand a AWSA T-shirt.

ed g
clermont

(Message edited by Ed_G on February 07, 2007)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
A note about numbers of riders and planning event ride time.

Say you do get 200 riders. Let's say that's one 5 minute ride each, 2 minute rider in/out time and 10 minutes per launch over head time. Let's say one launch has six riders. That's 52 minutes per launch. So then, 200 riders takes 34 launches. If you have two boats, one regular and the other goofy and the goofy/regular riders are split evenly that’s 17 launches per boat. So 17 launches would take about 15 hours.

If you can attract 100 to 200 riders that would be fantastic for the sport, offering plenty of competitive levels gives more folks a chance to be a winner. However, you may need to cap the number of entries based on the resources that you have, or you may need to be certain that you have the resources needed. Your resources include funds prior to collection of entry fees, number of tow boats, and water way space to operate torment boats.

I don't know how many riders were at Worlds last year that would be interesting to know. A lot of event costs are dependent on the turn out. I offered pre-registration for my event last year but we're talking about surfers and wakeboarders here, nobody pre-registered. This year I should have an online registration and payment via credit card, which might help facilitate pre-registration.

This is all great stuff and I appreciate your enthusiasm, I’m trying to show you some of the planning considerations that I’ve made. Keep up the good work.

Oh, and I like the Big Kahunas division:-)
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-07-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the planning considerations Ed. Mucho gracias.

The 200 number included staff and spectators, we're estimating maybe 60 riders tops (10 per category, or we'll add categories to make it 5 riders per category). So, at your estimate of about an hour per group of 6 riders: that gives us a solid 6 hours of pure surf time with 1 boat.

I have a Paypal i can use for early registration and online payment and the one thing i won't do is put a cap on entries. The whole purpose of these events is to get more people riding and introduce more and more people to Wake Surfing.

Thanks for the input tho, it's greatly appreciated and i spent like an hour trying to come up with a good name for the 'Big Kahunas' division. :-)

One of my favorite things about this sport is that its so easy to get into at almost any age or skill level and there's little to no risk of injury if you use the right equipment (inboard boats and vests). I was just getting into wakeboarding when i tried to surf one day and it just blew me away how much more fun i had.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Right 60 riders sounds much more manageable.

I split launches by stance, I ran everyone from one stance then the other. That split mixes up skill levels, but that’s all good, just score and keep track of what division they are in. It’s good to have divisions that invite everyone to participate. How about Mini-Kahuna for the very young?
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-07-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
Mini-Kahuna it is. I definately wanna see young riders getting involved b/c they will be riders for life! And anything you start that young and continue with is bound to produce some talented riders.
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
In another thread we talked about a Big Kahuna over 200lbs (Clydesdales). This could be a great way to attract bigger riders to the event (so I can compete HEHE). Really, I may ask my crew if we want to road trip. We are in NC and are a pretty big surf crowd. Wives, Kids and men all surf. Let me know. Thanks!!!

(Message edited by jrodhyco on February 17, 2007)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-17-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
John,

I don't know what all of the Big Kahuna’s are talking about. I'm 210 to 220 and nearing 47, our judge is about 265 and a pretty agile guy. At the Scioto Wakefest we had a wide range of competitors, all the way from 8 years to upper 40s. The coolest things for me were seeing the 8 year old take first for the women’s division and seeing what tricks others were pulling off, the guys from Indy were doing things that we weren’t

If you can find an event near by I’d go for it, you’re bound to have a good time. We’re getting a group together to just surf and hang out at Norris Lake on April 20-22nd.

Here’s a more direct list of the wakesurf events I’m working on:

April 20-22nd, Norris Lake, TN, Ice Breaker, Gathering
May 12, Lake Sylvan, IN Ice Breaker, Gathering
July 7-8, Scioto Wakefest, Columbus, OH, Competition
July 21-22, E-Town Throwdown, Elizabethtown, KY, Clinic
July 28-29, Scioto Surf and Turf, Columbus, OH, a gathering – not confirmed
August 4-5, Old Hickory Stick Fight, Old Hickory, TN, a competition – not confirmed
August 18-19, NWL Wakesurfing Nationals, Dayton, OH, a competition
October 6-7 Norris Lake Season Extender, a gathering
October 27-28, Halloween Washout, Morse Lake, IN, a gathering
Old    surfdad            02-18-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
Ed, I think it might be helpful for folks to understand the distinction between a "Gathering" a "Clinic" and a "Competition". How you have them organized, etc.

Also, this is probably as good a place as any to talk about the NWL nationals as it applies to wakesurfing. You are a organizing maniac! :-)

One of the things that a smaller grass roots contest allows the organizer is flexibility. I think that at last years Spring Break at Tulloch - Dennis organized a "Big Kahuna" division ON the day of the contest - by getting other folks to sign up. :-)

I like to use the flexibility in organiational structure to encourage the broadest participation and most fun for all.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-18-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
OK, Gathering: Several people bring boats rigged for surfing, if you have one bring your wakesurf board. If you don’t have one don’t worry I have a pretty good stash of boards, but not as good as Jeff’s. I’ve brought my boards as well as demo boards that the American Wakesurf Association (AWSA) provided for last years gatherings. All of the surfers meet at a starting place where we can hang out when we’re not on the water. At Morris Lake we met at Wolfies, an on the water restaurant. As the day goes on we swap boards and people from boat to boat. Last year I was able to count something, like 16 board that I’ve ridden, I can attribute a lot of those rides to Gatherings and support from the AWSA. This year I will register all of the Gatherings as NWL clinics, there’s a $5 clinic fee (insurance), but help with gas will also be requested.

Clinics will be sanctioned USA Water Ski (NWL) learn to ski (surf) clinics. Clinics will include an opportunity to surf any board that I have available. At a minimum instruction will be what surfing knowledge I have to offer. I’m no national champion or anything, I just surf a lot. If we have better surfers they can also instruct.

Competitions will be sanctioned by USA Water Ski (NWL) and the AWSA. I’ve been working with Jeff on his trick list and defining judging criteria. Last year we had four divisions at Scioto Wake spilt by men’s and women’s, and by advanced and novice. This year the Scioto Wakefest will again feature wakeboarding, but we’re also adding hydrofoiling and one wakeskate division. This year I’m planning four divisions as well, they are Mini-Outlaw, Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. I could be talked into changing these divisions, perhaps adding a Big Kahuna division – now is that by weight or age?

Chris Walker invited me to add wakesurfing to the NWL Nationals, on Eastwood Lake, (Dayton Hydro bowl), Dayton, OH, on August 18th and 19th. This will be the first year for this national level wakesurfing competition. Novice and intermediate surfers will compete on Saturday, August 18th. Advanced and Outlaw surfers will compete on Sunday. For a small fee (gas money) and time permitting the tournament boat will be available on Saturday after the Novice and Intermediate competition for Advanced and Outlaw practice runs. Unfortunately NWL Nationals and Worlds dates conflict. This year was an opportunity that I jumped on. Next year I’d like to hold NWL Nationals on a date preceding worlds. It would be great to develop a net work regional and national events leading to Worlds. Note that either previous guest USA Water Ski membership or full USA Water Ski membership is required to compete at Nationals. Guest membership at a competition is $10 and only $5 at a clinic, full membership is $65.

Jeff, what’s going on with Board Stock, did you see the thread in the other forum?
Old    surfdad            02-18-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
Hey Ed,

Yeah I read the other thread that Konocti Harbor isn't wanting to host Boardstock this year. Boardstock is a huge event and has had the venue location changed a number of times over the years - I think that Lodi was talking about hosting it and those talks broke down over the motorcycle jumps and not the general rowdiness and underage drinking issues (whatever :-) ).

There are some really talented business folks involved, so my guess is that Boardstock will just relocate IF in fact Konocti won't host again.

The folks at Centurion boats, I know are VERY dedicated to the continued success of the World Wakesurfing Championships. I had a short telephone conversation with Kayce Brewer and Rick Lee of Centurion and they are, as usual, wanting to grow the sport. In the past the World's have been held as a separate event from Boardstock, not that I think that will happen as I'm confident Boardstock will take place this year, in the absolute worst case scenario I think Centurion would just find a different location to sponsor the World's. We are hoping that the AWSA can become involved in sanctioning of the World Wakesurfing Championships and bring talented riders from grassroots events to the World Wakesurfing Championships.

I wouldn't mind if the NWL championships and the World's were on separate weekends and hopefully in the future that conflict won't be a problem.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff and Edward,
do you guys think that Tim Lopes leaving Centurin and joing forces with Calabria will have any affect on the Wake World's?
I know that Tim was a big part of this production and pushing the sport.
on Monday I will be talking with Vicky from Kal Kustom and try to get some more info. I talk to Tim @ Calabria often, and maybe something is in the works.... I'll let you guys know on Monday evening. In my eyes Tim was the driving force with promoting the event. Please let me know your thoughts Gentlemen.

Please note that I have read this entire thread, just a few posts that caught my eye. so if I'm repeating some stuff, keep that in mind.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Please note that I read the entire thread.
I don't believe in spell check.
My wrong.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
here I go again - I read the entire thread. my key board (fingers) are not working.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
O.K.this maybe David's Fault w/ the bold font (sorry David).

I did not read the entire tread.

no bold here this time. I'm trying to save myself and keep sinking.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-18-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
I know of Tim Lopes, but have never met with him. I know he was deeply involved with wakesurfing as you describe. I really don’t think I can offer much on the impact of Mr. Lopes career change will have on wakesurfing.

I’m sure that we owe Mr. Lopes recognition for his efforts elevating wakesurfing. Now that it appears there’s some growth, broad support probably better for sustained growth.

b.t.w I almost always compose in MS Word and paste in to the message window, spelling is the bane of my existence.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-18-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Mr. Sullivan,
I'll try to learn the same. It will take some time - I'm not computer friendly, as well as the computer is not my friend. I may hit you up for a tutorial.

I've known Tim since day one and we have a friendly relationship. I've been to his home once and noticed a picture of him wake surfing in the '60's in Hawaii. He is in my eyes is the man behind wakesurfing roots. Let's not forget Jeff Walker, and yourself as being the new fronier on pushing our sport ahead.

I sence a slow down in wake surfing as a family sport, Jeff Walker might have touched about this issue in a few posts back, if I am correct. you guys do the math. I'm just the shoe maker (board maker).

What I do know is Calbria is making a wake surifng specific boat comming out in '08. I represent the company and have been for the last 4 years, yet they are telling me nothing. All Top secret. I'll get my new boat in the next month and take it from there.
Old    surfdad            02-19-2007, 5:11 AM Reply   
You know, I think that having Tim at Calabria, will help the sport. Obviously if "other" manufactures feel it's strictly a "Centurion" sport, there isn't much reason for them to promote it. I've heard the same thing Alan, that Calabria will have a boat that has wakesurfing capabilities designed in.

I remember the contest that Alan, and Arun put on in San Jose and the Calabria did ok. I love the waste gate and internal hard tank concept for ballast.

Alan makes a good point about family. One of my issues with Boardstock overall was that it just wasn't an event you wanted to take your wife and children to attend. I was pleased that the folks that organized the World's did a good job of isolating it from the general party atmosphere of Boardstock, I wouldn't get my feelings hurt if the two separated. :-)

One of the reasons the AWSA has been pushing development of wakesurfing with the INT League and NWL too is the wholesome family attitude that is a foundation of those organizations.

I know that Tim was primarily responsible for pushing the World's. That has good and bad connotations. It was commonly referred to as Tim's contest - it was held out as the "World Championships" but without any infrastructure. I don't think anyone ever looked at the World's as truly a World Championship. It would be NICE if we could achieve that. Have grassroots events leading into regional events and then the regional winners receive an invite to the World's. Who knows, time will tell.

Be sure to show us your new boat when you take delivery, Alan.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-19-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
...and take me for a spin in it.
Old     (radrider)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-22-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
hey Ed/Alan...

Did you know this msg board has a spell-check feature built right in?

Scroll to top/right of the page and click on 'Edit Profile' then (after logging in if needed) Click Preferences (under profile editor options) and check the box that says "spell check my posts."

After you finish typing a post, you preview it with the spelling errors highlighted and you can change them or just post it as-is if you just don't caer that much abuot spellin, liek me.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-22-2007, 11:41 PM Reply   
The forum spell check is helpful, MS Word is much better.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-04-2007, 9:36 PM Reply   
Hey Jessica! Good luck this year :-) let me know if you need another ride haha
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
Will there be any events in red bluff at villa lagos this year. I dont see them on the INT league webpage. I would luv to take my boys to see one, they are going to start wakesurfing this year.
Old    surfdad            03-07-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
Hey Rob, you should enter your boys! The AWSA put on the 4 events for the NorCal INT League last year and I have been working with Chuck and Linda for the current year. I can assure you that Chuck and Linda WILL be putting on at least one wakesurf event up at Villa Lagos.

The INT League is really great with the kids, last year we made a special effort to make sure that everyone of the participants had some recognition and went home with a trophy, a t-shirt and honestly about 80% went home with a prize of some sort.

I do believe that Chuck will be posting the dates for the wakesurfing events shortly.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff that sounds great.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-07-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
I like the idea of a gathering. How about trying to get one together in spring on the Sac River or Folsom Lake?
Old    surfdad            03-08-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
I do believe that you are in the majority Tom, there are folks that would like to have access to different boards and boat configurations. Ed Sullivan has put together some loosely organized ones, basically folks just arrive and there are various boards to test and it's a good time.

I know that I can get access to boards from the Walker Project, Shred Stixx, Inland Surfer, Walzer, Calibrated and Shred Stixx. Anyone else interested in such a gathering?
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-08-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
) We just got this from Kayce
Can you spread the word that the Centurion Spring Break Wakesurfing Championships will be returning to Lake Tulloch Resort, April 20-21!!!
Thanks for your time and support in promoting the growing sport of wakesurfing!!!

Questions contact,

Kayce Brewer
Marketing Manager
Centurion Boats
2047 Grogan Avenue
Merced, CA 95340
P: 209.384.0255 x14
F: 209.384.0267
C: 209.628.2829
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-08-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
sick, 2 contests in 2 weeks (and both within driving distance!)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Gatherings are easy to run. All you need to do is find a few folks that want to get together. We were swapping boards back and forth between boats all day long. At the Morse Lake gathering everyone had an opportunity to ride any one or a dozen or more boards.

This year I'm going to sanction gatherings with USA Water Ski as Learn to Ski events. Sanctioning costs are low and they provide insurance to protect everyone.
Old    surfdad            03-08-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yeah, I like the idea of sanctioning the event to protect all involved.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-11-2007, 12:24 AM Reply   
Go Tim, Calabria rocks for surfing!!

Gathering in Sactown? When? Let's go NorCal have at it. Come on Jeff, Let's make it work. I will sponsor a keg of beer (more ballast), also my boat is ready for the gathering!