Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-02-2007, 4:00 PM Reply   
Has anyone riden the Axis. Right now im riding an 06 watson 134 but want to move up a size. i really like the watson but want to try something new. I like that the watson is loose but still tracks better but i love really abrupt 3 stage which the axis has. Is the axis loose like a watson? How does it compare to a watson. And no i dont have anywhere to demo, lol. Also If u order a board online and ride it then exhchange it for another if u dont like it or is that a no no?
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2007, 4:19 PM Reply   
the axis isnt too lose 4 molded fins on each side. Buddy rides the 143. Ya that big hes big too but still throws rolls and tantrums. Says its the best board he ever rode but like how it was locked in and had tons of pop
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-03-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
Anyone know how loose is it compared to the watson. I tried it a ronix one and hated how hard it was to break loose, is this board easy to break loose and spin around and stuff or do the fins really hold it down? Also compared to the watson is it alot faster, because I like boards to be a little slow.
Old     (whocares)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-03-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
if you know what your doing its really easy to break loose. ive been riding it since february wont change again this season less they come out with a hoverboard of some sort. sick board but it grips slightly more than the watson but still easy to break loose
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
I rode it last week and really liked it and have one on order now. I didn't think it was too grippy and it gave me the best toeside pop that I have ever had.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I have never spent a lot of time on the Watson, but everyone else in my crew rides the Watson. I have heard that the Axis is somewhat of a mix between the Watson and Shane. I haven't ridden the Watson enough to say with accuracy, but I liked the Axis a lot more after I rode it for a day.
Old     (sixmilecrew)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-03-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
the axis is very sticky on the water and seems to land a little harder in the flats than my shane did last year. The watson is a much looser riding board, stick with that for your riding style.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-03-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
Yeah if you don't have the opportunity to demo a board, the Watson is a pretty fail safe bet. I'll be out tomorrow and try to ride each back to back to get a better feel for the differences between the Watson and Axis.