Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Liquidforce13)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-06-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Ive found good deals on both a 2001 Super Air Nautique 210 and 2001 Tige 21i. The Nautique has 1200 hrs on it and the Tige has 600 hrs. The Nautique looks like it needs a good detail while the tige looks like new and comes with JL system and 1800 lbs worth of ballasts. The nautique only has stock ballast and no system. Both are around $15k.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-06-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
You have pics of both and/or links to the ads?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-06-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidforce13 View Post
Ive found good deals on both a 2001 Super Air Nautique 210 and 2001 Tige 21i. The Nautique has 1200 hrs on it and the Tige has 600 hrs. The Nautique looks like it needs a good detail while the tige looks like new and comes with JL system and 1800 lbs worth of ballasts. The nautique only has stock ballast and no system. Both are around $15k.
Nautique for 15 10 times out of 10. Who cares about the hours... I would take the nauti with stock and some friends over the tige with 1800...

Oh yea, and that is before they redesigned the tige... My family owns that tige model and it doesn't handle weight well.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-06-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
Its really a no brainer imo. One of the best hulls to date, throws excellent wake. That aftermarket crap can be added to any boat.
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-06-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Nautique for sure! I am suprised Tige was able to stay in business long enough to make the changes in order to make them relevant again. The resell on the SAN should be better as well in the long run
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-06-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
The wake on the SAN will be better with no weight in it than the Tige with 1800lbs.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-06-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that's when they still had spraypockets? If the TIGE has spray pockets then pass. If it doesn't then it's at least worth a ride behind
Old     (Liquidforce13)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-06-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
only pics i have are on my phone. Its not in my area so having a buddy look at it tomorrow for me. Its been left outside without a cover and has been used primarily in brackish water.

Anything you guys suggest i look for and would be warning signs against the purchase?

I will be leaving it in the water behind my house (with limited access to a ramp, would have to ask a neighbor to use theirs) what steps should i do before i splash it?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-06-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
the tige is low, spray pockets and doesn't build a huge wake with 1800 lbs - its better than an unweighted SAN though... It's an 01, pass... if it was an 03 for 15, I'd say maybe over the nauti since it sounds like the nauti has been rocked...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-06-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Totally agree. Super Air all the way. That era Tige wasn't a good boat. Wakes are soft and washy and the quality was poor. We looked at a 01 21i riders a few weeks ago with super low hours. The gauges were falling apart inside. Everything was loose. Tige has come a long long way. Thats where they came from. Its an OK boat don't get me wrong, but its not anywhere in the SAN's league IMO!!!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       09-06-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
The Super Air, but it's not a contest. That was a completely wonderful hull and a great time for that specific boat (minus some of the gauges and the Correct Craft RPM cruise) while it was a bad time for Tige trying to figure themselves out with those early boats. Really bad actually, even when they were new...

What to look for?
On the CC, look to see if it has ever had evidence of a big overheat. Wait, which one was left out and/or in brackish water? I'd take brackish Nautique over the other boat in a heartbeat in this case. Look at the guages. Look at the tach in particular. Is it new? Then what did the hour meter read before it was replaced? Look at all of the guages - unfortunately that was the one cruddy part of that boat. They just got bad luck on the digital guages, including the depth sounder.

On the Tige, look for stress cracks under the tower. Look for cracking upholstery. Look, elsewhere for stress cracks. I don't know... sorry I am not a fan of those boats whatsoever so I had better duck out of this one now.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 09-06-2012 at 5:29 PM.