Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (bsc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-11-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
anyone have any suggestions? looking for a boat for wakeboarding and some surfing too in the 27k-33k range. Im in the DFW area.

There is an 03 SAN team edition w/250hrs for 28k, looks really clean from the pictures but havent looked at in person yet.

Also there is a dealer that has a 08 demo Sanger V210 for about 33k.

Does the price sound about right for the SAN?

(Message edited by bsc on August 11, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-11-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
That price sounds great on that SAN even if it doesn't have a ton of great options.

What options does the SAN have compared to the V210?
Old     (bsc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-11-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
SAN has perfect pass, stock center/rear ballasts. I think the team edition's came with pretty much all the options but not really sure.

On the Sanger im really not sure, I know it has perfect pass, but I dunno about anything else.

Im leaning towards the SAN, cause its cheaper and I really like the Nautique boats, and ive read the GT-40 motor is great and uses less gas then some others.
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-11-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
an 03 SAN should have the Excalibur 330 not the gt-40 are you sure it's an 03
Old     (bsc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-11-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
Yah your right, It is an 02 SAN
Old     (spoon5285)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-12-2009, 5:44 AM Reply   
I bought an 01 SAN with 300 hrs in April for 20K. Its not a team edition though and i had to drive from austin to orlando to get it. Couldnt be happier.

I would try to get them down a little more since its closer to the end of the season.

If you can get it for 25-26 i would do it.

Dont know much about the sanger, seems like a good price for an 08.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-12-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
Great price on the SANTE. Team Ed boats get a stereo upgrade, team ballast set up and a lower pitched prop. IMHO the 02 is the best of the SANTE's because it has the new freeboard design, and was the last year of the mighty GT40 engine in that boat. I'm biased though - I'm an 02 SANTE owner and a Ford guy.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
the SAN is still almost $30k for an 8 year old boat. No thanks...go with something newer.
Old    shooter_08            08-12-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Sam, you must not follow the market. 28-30K for a SANTE is a great deal as long as it's not trashed. That boat probably sold for double that new. 250 hours is nothing. 02 is also a great year for the SANTE. I much rather have a used SANTE than a "newer" price point boat, but I'm obviously biased because I'm a SAN owner. I would test drive both and make your own decision.

(Message edited by shooter_08 on August 12, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-12-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
This is not from personal experience but just from going off what other people have said and seeing pictures of both boats. I would think a 2008 V210 is built every bit as well as a 2002 SAN. The newer V210's have a very nice plush interior. If it has PP and the front ballast all you would have to do is plumb in rear ballast and you have a very comparable boat to the SAN. The V210 also has a very similar wake to the SAN and doesn't require much weight to get it there just like the SAN. It is also a fuel efficient boat like the SAN.

The only downfalls I see for the V210 are that it is pretty low profile, although it probably has as much if not more room in the cockpit and storage as the SAN. The other thing is the SAN has taken a bulk of it's depreciation. It probably won't drop more than a grand a year assuming the economy doesn't tank even more. The Sanger will probably drop 25% the second you register it. From what I hear the V210 also handles extremely well and will be a better rough water boat than the SAN.

This would be a really tough call but a new boat warranty might swing me towards the V210. I would see if you can get them to drop the price a little more and plumb in rear ballast.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Go with the San, great boat, not to mention you have the #1 Nautique dealer in North America in DFW Buxton Marine.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Is this the San you are looking at?

http://www.buxtonmarine.com/web/boat/134143/2002-Correct%20Craft-Super%20Air%20Nautique%20210-Team%20Edition-Lewisville-Texas?condition_id=10426
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-12-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
If that is the one you are looking at it looks like it still has the digital gauges which I have heard are a royal pain in th ass.
Old     (bsc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-12-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
yah thats the one...
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-12-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
"it looks like it still has the digital gauges which I have heard are a royal pain in th ass."

I bought my 02 at Buxton's nearly 3 years ago. It had 125 hours, and now is pushing 800. The digital gauges are still going strong (somewhat to my surprise/delight). My only complaint is that the LCD display can be hard to see if I am wearing polarized sunglasses.

Outside of regular maintenance items, I had to put new skins on the back seat bottom cushions as the upholstery began to crack there. I DIY'd it and got it done for the cost of new skins - approx $500. Otherwise the boat has performed flawlessly - everything works.

I think either boat would be a good choice - just relating my experience with my SANTE.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-12-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Very Clean San, we (Buxton) sold and serviced this boat, its very nice.
Old    shooter_08            08-12-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I have heard it is common for the digital gauges do go out in the 02 and earlier models. They later changed to the Faria gauges. If they do go out, I have heard that it’s an easy fix. Check planetnautique.com if you are concerned. The SANTE looks like a beautiful boat, but I think you will be happy with either one.
Old     (bsc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-12-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys. Im leaning towards the SAN, plannin on goin to check it out this weekend.

Ill check planetnautique for info on those gauges.

Thanks.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
I've got an '02, and had nothing but problems with the digital gauges. Nautique knew of the problem and (at the time at least) was willing to sell replacement faria gauges at cost. Not sure if they're still doing that, but definitely happier with the analog gauges.
Upload
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
...and as far as your choices on boats, don't think you can go wrong either way. We love our Nautique and have owned it since new. I'm pretty sure our next boat will be a Nautique again, but if not, the only other boats I'd buy would be a Malibu, Mastercraft (owned one before), or Sanger.