Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2013, 8:40 PM Reply   
Hey I just got a 2013 ronix parks board and as much as it seems like a sweet board I have some issues with it and was wondering if I could get some feedback on other ronix boards that may be better for my riding style.

The good on the parks is its fast and lands very soft. The bad so far is it seems to be nose heavy meaning it feels alot of the time like I have to work on keeping the nose of board from digging in the water. It also edges really well sometimes too well to the point that I tried switching the fins out to the cable park more rounded spare fins it comes with but then it was great for butter slides ect but not so great at edging into wake ect, I am an intermediate wake boarder and used to ride a cwb absolute plat board with no fins just using molded fins and it seemed to work fine. This board was however about 4-5 years old.

So the advise I am looking for is any feedback on org ronix boards like district or and version on the ronix one since I have never ridden these boards and herd good feedback on them. The board I am looking for would have a loose enough feel when I wanted it to so I could slide it around easily and nice wide middle section of board. As well as could be 3 stage rocker or cont rocker as long as it is predictive on edge ect

So I hope this is enough info for any help it would be greatly appreciated and please know the board would mostly be used behind the boat and only here and there at cable park .

Thx

Tobin
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-11-2013, 9:41 PM Reply   
1. Bill
2. Phoenix

My favorite new Ronix board is the new Bill. It's the first Ronix board I thought was worth buying. It's fast, responsive, predictable, forgiving, lands soft, has a sintered base for sliding, and channels for a little grip when riding finless. The Bill has a pretty thin width and a continuous rocker. IMO wider boards are a little less responsive, and 3 stage is less predictable/slower/harder landings.

They also made some changes to the Phoenix, mainly, smaller fins, which was my main issue with the board - perfect if your looking for more width.
Old    Axis22            06-12-2013, 4:32 AM Reply   
I would try the new time bomb. I am a Intermediate rider as well and it seems like a board I can grow into very poppy !!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-12-2013, 4:35 AM Reply   
I own the One Modello, One Timebomb, and Code22. For me, the Code22 is where it's at. Super fast, smooth, predictable and very snappy off the top of the wake.
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-12-2013, 5:16 AM Reply   
i just got the one timebomb and its the best board I've had yet. havent tried the other new 13' ronix boards but dont have one negative thing to say about the timebomb