Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
02 VLX, just hooked up the hose to run and no water is coming out the back. Just making sure this is probably a bad impeller. Also, I heard they are ridiculously hard to get to on this boat????
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-29-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
Hopefully you hooked up to the intake grate and not one of the ballast grates.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
sounds like an answer I would give. I may not know much, but I do know I hooked it up correctly over the last 8 years
Old     (ronskal)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-30-2010, 4:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
sounds like an answer I would give. I may not know much, but I do know I hooked it up correctly over the last 8 years
When was the last time the impeller was changed?

Actually, just plan on changing the impelller if you have more than one season on it. It may be hard to change with the pump installed but you can remove the pump and change it on the bench. My 04 X2 was too hard to change installed due to the muffler/collector right against it so I just removed the pump.
Old     (boarder82)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-30-2010, 5:30 AM Reply   
If it has been a while since the last impeller change, just put a new one in. I just replaced the impeller in our 03 VLX. Sort of difficult to get to, but not horrible. Bump the starter to help remove the old.

Last edited by boarder82; 09-30-2010 at 5:33 AM.
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-29-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Did you check that your strainers not blocked?
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
i did, actually just checked before I came to check this thread
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-30-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
If you are replacing, try a Globe Blue impeller. They claim they cun run dry a couple of minutes without shredding and are supposed to last longer. They do seem more pliable than standard black. Got one season out of mine and going for two next year and not planning of replacing it unless if fails.