Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
OK! I took my boat out for the first time after I got a hundred hour service and got my stereo issues fixed... Not I notice this weekend that my Fuel, voltage, temp and oil gauage flicker like crazy. Like my volt meter will go all the way down, fuel all the way up along with the temp guage... then they flicker up and down... Any ideas what could be the cause?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-03-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Bad ground? Check your input voltages too. Are those guages fully electronic or just simple guages? Try removing components one at a time and see if it goes away.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
i dont know if they are fully electronic or simple guages... I got a 01 centurion air warrior... i what ever they do... So sounds like it could be due to the stereo?
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-03-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
You have a bad ground. Follow the black wire from one of the guages. It should be plugged into the same spot all of the black wires from the other guages go. I would be willing to bet you that they are loose. Tighten them up and your all set. Joe
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-03-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
that would be sweet if that was the case... I will check that
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-04-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Is it possible or likely that the guages flicker and the cause would be from the stereo?
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
you might see some flickering of the lights at night when the bass hits but not the gauges actually moving all over the place.

they easily could have messed up some dash wiring while jacking with the stereo wiring. too much coincidence for your dash to start acting up right after stereo work and for them to not be related.

joe's probably right, gotta find that lose ground wire that's not making contact all the time. do you know what the shop did to the stereo?
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-04-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
ALee, call John Beaudry at Centurion, Merced. This guy knows everything. Maybe he can help you out. Don't forget if it is your guages I think they come with a lifetime warranty. Good Luck!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-04-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
sweet, i called the stereo guy and he thinks it was a ground and he will check it out asap...
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-07-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Wanted to say thanks for your guys help.. It was the ground... I guess the nut to hold the wires in place rattled off....good as new...