Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (wickedforce)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-24-2009, 10:39 PM Reply   
Hey guys. I am often on this side reading the various point of view, seeing whats the latest and greatest up there in the US. I am hoping you guys can help me out with a bit of advice. I have buckled my knees over the last couple years skating and boarding, and am now really enjoying surfing. Being a dad of 2 Ill leave it to the lighties to go mad and Ill just chill with an afternoon session on the surfer. I only purchased my X1 at the beginning of the season and have not yet dialed in my wake for surfing. Coming from South Africa there are not many people surfing yet, so its difficult to get the right advice.

If I fill the standard ballast system(port, starboard and centre), I can ride with only a couple people on the boat. But a couple weeks back I had 11 or so people onboard and noticed the rideable face being about 2 meters long. What sort of additional weight should I put in and where should I place it to create that sort of wake with just a few of us in the boat. I have a few various sized sacs lying around, but would really like to hear your advice as to where to put them to get the biggest cleanest wake. Appreciate the help. JJ.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
i've surfed the boat quite a few times. Stock ballast is 300# or so I'd toss a sack in the locker on top of the stock or replace it with a 750# from fly high. We place a 450 on the across the back bench too. Post on the wakesurfing section for a better responce
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
I ride as follows:

port hardtank full
starboard hardtank empty
ski locker sac full
vdrive sac (450lbs?) full in the port locker
vdrive sac either on the port seating area if only a couple of us or on the floor if a full crew

It works great, sometimes the wake gets too steep and we fill the front ballast bag to help make it a bit longer.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-25-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
In our X2 (same hull) we took out the stock hard ballast tanks and replaced them with 750 fatsacs. They are pretty much a perfect fit for the locker. Since we are all regular, we plumbed the starboard pump to fill a fly high tube sac ~400 lbs that is under the port bench seat. This sac is slightly too large for the compartment so we don't fill it completely. Also, fill up the center sac. We have about 100-150 lbs of weight in the bow. People shift for the desired wake. For a longer wake, more people in the bow, higher wake more people in the back corner. This is what my sister and I train on for our contests and we do alright :-)
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       02-25-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
750 in rear locker, 540 on port bench, 400 in bow on port side, center sac full, 400 lb in pop bags spread along port side. Makes a great wave with just 2 people in the boat.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-25-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
any pictures?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-25-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
make sure not to sink the rub rail on the starboard side (if surfing there)
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-25-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
we run our x2 with port stern full, kgb(center ballast full), starboard empty

550 lb fatsac in port locker
750 lb fatsac on port side seat aft
500 lb fatsac on port side floor aft
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-01-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
here you go
UploadUpload
UploadUpload
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
same as most everyone... basically as much weight as you can get on the port side and zero on the starboard side.. also most of the weight towards the back.. (though we keep the integrated bow sack full at all times and that's like 200 lbs i think)