Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old    akman            09-12-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
If you see this Yellow X-Star at the Delta beware, they cut us off more than once on Sunday, sent rollers everywhere with their power turns to get back to their fallen rider and on more than one occasion got up and riding with no concern to others around them pulling their rider within a few feet of our boat. Their passengers were laying looking backwards on the sundeck while the boat was under way with a rider too.

Upload
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Yeah, but they spent alot of money on that boat.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-12-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Maybe it's just you!
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
It's a classic case of more money than sense. Or they're in debt up to their ears that they can't see people around them.

We should start a thread of pics of people doing power turns and call them out. Maybe somebody will recognize some elses boat and be embarrased of their bad driving. Let's stop the insanity.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakebrdmom)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-13-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
We feel your pain. Monday evening was picture perfect until these bozo's came along. It seemed as though they were hiding in the tules just waiting for a big wake. Too bad they didn't crash into each other as the photo suggests. One can only hope. Who knows maybe they did. We had they same water all to ourselves last nightUpload
Upload
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-13-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Yeah that guy was a real piece of work. He pulled his rider right up in front of our boat when I was riding. He couldn't have been more than 50 yards in fron of us when he took off then proceeded to pull his rider down the middle of the slough at about 4mph slower than I was riding forcing us to slow down as well.
For some reason he couldn't figure out why I was telling him that he was #1 as I rode by after his rider fell.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-13-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
That's a mightly nice wake you have there Mrs. Payton
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-13-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Dam... Look how stylie those fools are. Oldschool yellow and purple sit downs. Short shorts and the yellow and red life jackets.

LOL!!!!
Old    mendo247            09-13-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
LMAO!!! that pic is a classic..
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-13-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
I can almost read the hull number. This sort of thing should be reported. Before somebody gets hurt.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-13-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
seems like its always the kooks in the new boats.

we always see some jerk riding down the middle of the lake at calero chopping it up,

or worse wakesurfing right in the smoothest part of the lake.

guys if your gonna wakesurf or tube go to the otherside where its already choppy and nobody boards there. ur doing us all a favor. Pay it forward!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-13-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
HAHAHA look at those TOOLS!!
Wow man they got some massive air off that wake!!
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       09-13-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
The best part is how cool they think they are!!!
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
water mosquitos, one of my biggest pet peeves
Old     (waterzomby)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-13-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Water mosquitos! LMAO!!! That is great I am defiantly going to have to use that one this weekend. I feel your pain here in Idaho with power turns and surf boats! gggrrrrr
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       09-13-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Same experiance here, only, other than the basic 100 ft rule are they breaking the law by jet skiing so close... We got out the bullhorn and let them have it. Basically resulting in the cops coming yet as soon as that guy left the lake there was another roach jumping our wakes right after him. Are they free to jump your wake? I just want them to keep doing their silly little circles right by the shore like they were before we launched. I'm not trying to own the lake, I do understand it's everyones playground it just seems that when someone comes within inches of a new boat with their crappy jet ski you start thinking... does he have enough insurance? (to cover damage & the BEAT DOWN)
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2006, 6:54 PM Reply   
you cant deny that those things are really fun tho... I understand that they wanna go out and just have some fun (just like us) but i agree they shouldnt be going off our wakes so close to the boat
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-13-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
What's so fun about going fast,turning, going fast,turning,going fast,turning,going fast,turning,going fast,turning?
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
and going off huge waves and getting air, i dunno, it may not be fun to you but it is to me
Old     (wondermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-13-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
I prefer to call them Lake Lice. I liked the jetski's when i was 12 and it was something I could take out alone or with a girl. Now no way give me the boat and some nice water. Most jetski folks have no respect for others around them.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
true, some people that live down a couple houses from mine basically jsut do whatever they want... they wont even obey no wake signs
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-13-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Here is something funny, when I was into Jet skiiing I thought the people in the boats liked when we jumped their wakeI just thought they thought it was entertaining! Now that I have been educated by all you guys I know that I was just a geek thinking I was cool
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-13-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
"when I was into Jet skiiing I thought the people in the boats liked when we jumped their wake"

I actually don't mind if a stand up skier wants to hit my wake (as long as I don't have a rider). At least they are gettin after some air too. And, they wreck hard!
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-13-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
Gramps, even though I dont like to see anyone in a bad situation you would be happy to know that karma got them(if it was the same people). I was heading to Vics to meet a friend and I see people walking around in knee deep water. The yellow xstar hit the sandbar at union point and was stuck
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Water mosquitos and Lake Lice is good but we call them "homo chariots" around these parts.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-13-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
"Water Mosquitos," "Lake Lice," and "Homo Chariots." LMOA
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-14-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
Pecker gnats!
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
Darren- homo chariots... that is the best I have heard!!! I'll have to bust that out on the bull horn our next encounter! Thanks!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
My favorite thing is how the little maggots get that Evil Knevil look on their face, floor it and then get dont even get 2" of the air when they hit your wake.

My last encounter was a good one. I stopped pulling a rider and told a homo chariot to stay away from my rider and then he went and did the same thing to some guy who was pulling his kids on a tube. Some people just dont get it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I keep checking this thread; hoping that the owner of that yellow X will show up and defend himself. He must not be a real wakeboarder if doesn't scour the WW.com threads.
Old     (sroot1)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Man you's guy's are rough on all of the beautiful people on jetski's

Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-14-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I've seen that Xstar around a lot - he may be a DB resident.

For sure he's a PT'ing fool, we saw him out on Old river blasting around a week or so ago.

As far as skis go a friend had one of the new supercharged Seadoos out at the island on labor day. Those things are just plain dangerous, they do 80+mph and at that speed you really get a distorted sense of time/space. (let alone getting hit by bugs) You get off one of those at that speed and you'll be pulling your left foot out of your @ss.
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-14-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
HEY i saw that boat they where towing it over vasco , sunday he was driving the truck like a jack A$$ also
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Jrod mentioned those stand up jetskis, now those were fun!

I was way into those when I was young, I even sunk a couple by jumping up, nose diving, nose hitting bottom, hood popping off!

If you catch a boat at 14 15 mph, go really slow into the approach, and on the way UP the wake nail the gas I could get 6-7 feet of air........

And like he said, wreck massive. HAHA, you just got me remembering bro.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
"You get off one of those at that speed and you'll be pulling your left foot out of your @ss."

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
It would be kind of funny to turn this into a "busted" thread. Everyone can upload pics of bad boat drivers and the respective description of the given situation. We could even make a thread for specific popular areas, like the delta. Kind of a calling out of bad drivers.

The ultimate hope being that a couple of those drivers stumble upon the thread at some point, see the mistakes they have made and adjust accordingly!

lol, yah that will happen!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
We always called them "Smokers" from the epic film Waterworld. Nothing gayer than two dudes on a jetski in rough water, loving it STRONG!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Matt: Like how the power turning/boat instructor from Disco Bay thread turned out. Dude was straight busted and still would not admit it was him that was power turning. LOL
Your gonna need Video & Fingerprints along with 12 witness's to bust someone these days LOL
But I do think its a great Idea untill show up on it.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-14-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
I've never seen one of the stand up jet skiis before in real life, they look fun. Unfortunatly my lake crawls with homo chariots every weekend, I found what they like to do is ride right through the only part on my lake that is always smooth and completely ruin the water there. Then when I go by they look over at me and give me a dirty look, like I'm taking up there space.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Definitely Grant, but deep down you know he was like ohhhhh Sh...!. Maybe it would at least make people take a quick look for cameras before "cowboy'in" it! LOL.

I have bought 2 megaphones in the last season, one for my boat and one for my buddies. I initially thought it might do more evil than good, but it has served its purpose well!

back to the burned topic: I also have a confession.........

I have been involved in about 4 power turns this past season, all un-needed and all with a "newer" driver. Each time I was able to offer some teaching skills delicately. It happened only once with each boat driver. BUT I AM SORRY to those whom the rollers may have effected, lol.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Guys and Gals. Am I understanding the power turns issue right? I have been boating for years (in Oregon), but a new boat owner recently (in Cal.). I am a very cautious and veeerrry courtious boater, but unless you are impeeding or affecting another boater, what is the issue? Or is that the issue? I'm sorry, I'm confused and just want clarification.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-16-2006, 11:36 PM Reply   
if you turn at speed you are sending rollers in a 360 degree andgle all over the lake...if you run a straight line and then drop the throttle when the rider falls and basically idle back, when you get up again to ride in that same straight line you dont have rollers and neither does anyone else.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
OK, I'm on the same understanding as y'all. With other boaters or fishers in the area I do the throttle down and sloow turn. Thanx for the clarification.
Old    jetgofish            09-17-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
This wouldn't be the same boat would it? Take note of the Blindside!

Upload

(Message edited by jetgofish on September 17, 2006)
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
New prop, new rudder, new drive.... $1,500!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
scott, it doesnt matter if others are around or not, it should be your common practice. those rollers that you throw still go down the lake or river regardless whether or not others are boating
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-17-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
I believe it's going to be a whole lot more than $1500..... you never know if there is any damage to the hull.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-17-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
This guy probrably pissed off enuff people that nobody would help ya think? Advise noted and taken to heart.... Thanx.
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-17-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
Ya, drain the ballast. That's going to help you get out of shin-deep water...

That picture should be the inspiration for one of those "priceless" sayings...
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-17-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
why is the bow tied up?so did you guys stop and help?

this would have been a PERFECT opportunity to discuss their powerturning habits
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-17-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Do you belive in "Qarma", act like an ass on the water and the water will get ya back.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-17-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
Wow I couldnt imagine running my boat up like that...Someone would have to give me CPR....they seem to be pretty relaxed abou *** in the picture
Old    akman            09-17-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
No doubt about it "KARMA" wins out every time...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Is that an anchor line off the bow? Guess he thought when the ballast drained it might start to float away. I love tools, but only the ones that are used for mechanical purposes.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-17-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
You talk about them getting what they had coming because of Karma but you just kept on driving and taking pictures of them as they stare at you needing help.

Hope Karma is more kind to you for you being such a kind person.
Old    wakelvr            09-17-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Wow, that would be a perfect opportunity to have a little chat with the boat owner. They put us, my buddies, their own kids, and EVERYONE else on the delta in harms way last weekend. Still, I would have stopped and had a little chat with them and then helped.
Old    jetgofish            09-17-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
Actually I took this picture just as we were pulling up to help. Believe it or not they flagged down a bass boat to help, as you can tell he was very unsuccesful (which is why there is a line tied from the bow hook in the above photo)! I'm a firm believer in karma so we stopped and helped it took two boats and about 45 mintues to pull him off!

I gotta say the guy wasn't the brightest star in the night sky. First he thought it would be smart to pull him out the same way he came in, but he had about 20 feet of shin deep water behind him and about 8 feet of knee deep water in front of him (going forward was the best option). The first rope he handed us was a nylon ski rope, which you had better believe broke when pulled beyond it's stretch limits. We finally used two 6500 lbs ropes and two boats. He was off in a matter of seconds! The owner thought we should hook one boat to the bow and one boat to the back and pull him sideways (um yeah lets flip this beautiful X-Star on her side!!!). Sadly as I was untieing the ropes from the bow he thought it would be smart to start the boat and put it in gear to see if he had prop/rudder damage (I freaked out and gave him a piece of mind).

We hadn't seen him in Victoria's power turning or I'd seriously have had a talk with him. As I was waiting to get back on my boat after we helped him, he told the boys in the boat "Boys, don't tell your mother that a woman got us unstuck and is smarter than any one on this boat!" HA - yeah don't tell your mother that a WOMAN got you off the sandbar!

He lives in Livermore/Dublin area and keeps the boat at the Ultimate storage on S. Vasco!
Old    wakelvr            09-17-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Did you tell him to check out this post on WW? :-)
Old    jetgofish            09-17-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
We haven't seen him since - but it might be a good idea to give him a print out next time we see him. Not sure he's smart enough to use a computer or find WW
Old     (7890303)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
a Re & a Tard, I would love it if people had to take boating classes before they could purchase their boat. People are stupid, inconsiderate, & very transparent when in a situation. Karma just isnt enough. f**k em.