Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-17-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
So I'm thinking about getting hte new syn board. I rode the 2006 board and I loved it- super light with pop, but I like the look of the 2005 more. Does anyone know about the difference in the two boards- is one lighter than the other, does one ride better than the other?
Thanks,
Alexis
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
the 06 has a L7 core but is really the same board no diff. in the shape or weight. i have a 05 brown and blue for sale only ridden once for $225. my husband got the 05 era which is a guy's version of the syn for the same reason of only diff. is the graphic.oh it's a 132.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-19-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
This from the HL catalog - "The first womens specific flex pattern. This new deck has a thinner profile than any of our other rides." It is a bit thinner and lighter than the ERA for men.
Old     (heatherjohnson)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-20-2006, 5:48 AM Reply   
There is not a big difference between the 05 and 06 board; however, if I were you, I would wait for the 07 board....from what I have heard, the next years syn board is going to be more women specific meaning lighter, softer, but still having good pop. If it is all about the graphics, then go for the one that you like because there is not a huge differnce in the way (a new) 05 and 06 ride. But remember if you ride a used board, you are going to notice a difference because the board has been broken down. My recommendation is to purchase a new board. There is no better feeling than a new board that has not been broken down. Recently, I just switched to this board and I can only give it top notch reviews.
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Well I still have mine for sale if you are interested in a USED board but I really don't consider only being ridden 1 time used so I would not think it is broken down by all means. I rode it the 1 time to decide if I liked it more than my cadence which I don't so I am sticking with the cadence (just more my riding style) so if anyone is interested shoot me a message. I already took the fins off and put it back in the plastic that it came in and looked the whole board over and I cant tell I even rode it at all at least cosmetically I would consider it in new condition.
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-20-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice. I'lll ook into the 07 syn. But I was also looking into the cadence, Amber what is it about the cadence that you liked better than the syn? I like to do a lot of surface spins and working on the w2w.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-20-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Syn board rocks, great pop and my surface tricks are easier than my assassin. But I would wait for 2007. I will probably buy a 2007.

I should also mention the edge on this board. Not a fast edge, but you barely edge and you are flying.

Although sorry Amber, but $225 is alot for a used board. I didn't pay much more than that for my brand new 06 Syn.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on June 20, 2006)
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Alexis,

I prefer a looser feel on my board ( I also snowboard which might be why) the cadence is
A LOT looser and a better board for spins etc. and personally the pop felt better which doesn't make sense because they both have a similar rocker but I am getting way farther and higher than what I was on the syn the day I tried it. I used the syn on my first run and it was fine and stuck in the water really well but my 2nd run that day was the cadence and I was clearing the wake with little effort. I think a lot of it comes down to personal pref. My previous board was the Double up Sirena 133 which was a great board to learn on and I love but not a loose enough feel that I like.

Oh yeah and if you are looking into bindings the LF Minx are by far the best, I tried on all the new hyperlite ones and none compared or even came close to the comfort that was in the minx!

bsflower - it is still less than what I paid for it and again only ridden 1 time doesn't decrease it THAT much. And I did do research before putting an asking price and that was reasonable. Esp. since the board is in the EXACT same condition when I bought it...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   

quote:

My previous board was the Double up Sirena 133 which was a great board to learn on and I love but not a loose enough feel that I like.

i know it's too late since you already bought a new board and all, but smaller fins w/ long base will fix the board being not loose enough.

by the way, where do you ride?

(Message edited by dakid on June 20, 2006)
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
That is funny you say that because I did downsize them pretty substantially but I also wanted a little smaller board (plus I had it for 3-4 years) and yeah just wanted a new one that was a little more advanced :-) I still do have and will keep it for sentimental value plus it is too cute a board to get rid of :-)
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
Um it just depends - we ride the river at various places and have been to the delta but not this season sometimes berryessa, bullards and every once in a while oroville when visiting my grandparents. And you?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
well, i just moved back up to sac, and so far, i've only ridden the delta. i've ridden folsom once, but that'll be the last time this summer.

who do you ride with?
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
ouch you rode Folsom :-( yeah I bet that was some crappy water.... So far this year just the normal crowd, last weekend if was me & my hubby and a friend of ours on his boat (we rotate boats) this week was supposed to be our boat but it is still at the shop for the water temp guage. I haven;t been to the delta in a while - not with our boat at all because we don't know it well enough yet. We are like 5 minutes from the river so on weeknights that is where we go and the weekends vary for us. SO it looks like you like double up huh? Too bad they are gone now (at least for the USA)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
yeah, i've always been a big fan of double up. my girlfriend said i need to sell my boards. i have 2 double ups just sittin' collecting dust. i just can't get rid of 'em for sentimental reasons.

i see you guys have a b52. i rode behind one down in socal...it was TOTALLY sacked out! it can barely get on plane! haha! how's yours weighted? what kind of boat does your friend have?
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
Yeah I decided I won't ever sell my sirena (it is the dark pink one from like 3-4 years ago) with the mermaid chick on it and I love it. I learned on the Nelson Dead Fish board and after I progressed got the sirena because the nelson was a 137 and way too big for me. The B52 is still pretty new for us so we are still working on distributing the weight in it but right now it is just the factory ballast which is 2500 lbs and we got the 2 speed trany to help it plane out. One friend has a Tige, another X-Star, another Nautique 211 and of course some with a Malibu. The friend with the Tige used to work for double up and is a very cool guy. He is who we rode with this past weekend.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
i know exactly who you're talking about...TIM!!! on top of double up having amazing shapes, tim's one of the reasons i supported double up!

i was actually invited to go w/ you guys on sunday, but i went to the delta instead. a friend needed me to drive for him, and i figured tim had another driver with him.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
by the way, is the xstar owner tony? is the malibu owner paul?
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Yeah that is exactly who it is with the X-Star. Same with Paul & Martha and yeah Tim is who we were with this weekend. And will be riding with again this coming weekend. Talk about small world huh
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-21-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
no kidding! i used to ride w/ tony and paul & martha all the time. yep...small world!

i'm gonna have to give tim a call. i need a local pull this saturday since i'm flying out saturday night.
Old     (sacb52)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
Yeah I actually met Tim thru Tony (I am friends with his wife) and TOny is who taught me how to ride
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-21-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
margaret (or as we call her, margarita, with a strong spanish accent) and i have sort of a brother-sister relationship. we rip on eachother all the time! haha!

tony and margaret are cool people!

wait a minute....how long have you been friends w/ margaret? we may have already met!