Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Tehanw215)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-26-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
where are all drain plugs? how much gas if any to leave in tank? Any other tips?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-26-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Try this
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sanger+v215+winterize
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Pull off the walls in the V locker, you will see blue petcock screws I believe its 5 on port and 4 on starboard.
Unhook your heater hoses and blow air through them. I do it at the heater and collect the water with a small bucket
There are two water drains on your Walter V drive, you'll see them labeled
A lot of people store with a full tank of fuel to stave off condensation. The tanks are plastic so I don't worry about it and just put some Stabil in. I've never had a problem so you pick what you want to do.
I make sure my ballast is drained then using a shop vac I suck out any remaining through the trough hull drains
Fresh oil is a good idea too and possibly ATF depending on how long its been since thats been changed.
Disconnect your batterys and make sure they are charged up
I use an electric dehumidifier in mine but you can use non electric versions as well
Basically get and water out of the boat that you can
Old    fowl            09-26-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
i'd fill your tank 3/4 or more. add marine stabil to it following the long term storage instructions. get ethanol free gas if you can. it does not attract moisture like ethanol does. change all your fluids. remove the impeller. charge your batteries every few weeks. depending where you store your boat, cover the exhaust ports so rodents don't get in, and drain the block.
Old     (Tehanw215)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-26-2011, 5:02 PM Reply   
Thanks guys I appreciate. It. Hey. Hate are still running 1200 in surf side locker and stock front ballast. Full? Noticed some of your past post. How many people on board prefer.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-26-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
That never gets old.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey. Hate are still running 1200 in surf side locker and stock front ballast. Full? Noticed some of your past post. How many people on board prefer.
Yes. A crew of 4-6 is best but even three is fine.