Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-14-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
Here are some shots from the weekend. Water is still pretty tolerable here in Phoenix. Thought I'd share. Enjoy...

Ryan

Upload.

Upload.

Upload.

Upload

Gettin crazy on a double up.... Upload

----------------------------------------------
Chris

UploadUpload
Upload

----------------------------------------------
me

UploadUpload

Backroll sequence...I cant seem to extend my legs...funny huh?

Upload
Upload
Upload

---------------------------------------------
Alan

UploadUpload

"I fought my knee, and my knee won..." This was on Sat...you should see the shiner on him today...complete blackout!

Upload

-and yes, after that hit he claims he'll get an approved vest...and no lets not turn this into a vest debate thread.

(Message edited by sjohnson on October 14, 2007)

(Message edited by sjohnson on October 14, 2007)
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 1:34 AM Reply   
why is he getting an approved vest did he get knocked out?
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-15-2007, 7:29 AM Reply   
Nah, close enough though.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-15-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Great Pics...you should open them up in Photoshop and 'zoom' the rider but require it to keep 300 dpi on the zoomed portion. Would really let us see the rider better.

That wake looks meaty, and the temps look warm. I about froze when I first jumped in the water Sunday...these 40 degree nights are cooling it down too fast.
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-15-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Ya, i know. I'm no pro when it comes to re-sizing...especially late on a sunday night. These things were huge to begin with. All i had at my finger tips was Paint. Pretty pathetic I know.

We were ridin behind Chris's SAN 210 fully weighted. It tosses you pretty good.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
Cool pics!

Which lake is that at?
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Bartlett and it was awesome on Saturday. Only a couple of boats which were mostly fisherman, 75f air and 72f water. I love the fall riding here in AZ.

Scott - the back sacs were only half full so it wasn't fully weighted or it would have been ridiculous. Have Alan shoot me some pics on my hotmail address please.
Old    bocephus            10-15-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
Why don't you guys just take out a full page ad in Republic?
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Ryan - you are too funny. Only WW people that ride in AZ at this time of year are going to see this thread anyways. We were looking for you on Saturday but we didn't see ya. Too busy with school or did you make it out on Sunday?
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Bartlett sucked Saturday morning for us. Wind chop everywhere. Decided to bail at noon and headed back out Sunday afternoon.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
We saw you guys out there Jason on Saturday. We went all the way to the back and the wind was a non factor. We were there from 10 am till about 2:30 pm. I was in the 2000 SAN with the blue N swoop.
Old     (zombeh)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-15-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
nice shiner alan!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-15-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
Water looked nice. As for mornings on Bartlett this time of year, because of the cooler temps, the wind has been blowing us out. Mid afternoon is the glassiest part of the day.
Old    bocephus            10-15-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
The drive to Bartlett is pretty long so we usually go to Saguaro or Canyon. Firebird is really nice this time of year though. It's just to long of a drive to go all the way to Bartlett and then have it all blown out..
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-15-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
You're just upset that you cant roll around in the mud anymore! The season's have changed, so I doubt this post is going to bring an influx of powerturner's back out.

Take it easy Boc! We've got a winter of glass ahead of us. We saw you cruise by sunday. We had the dirty club malibu. (damn that things ugly, why dont they clean it?!?) Prob see you out at Saguaro next time.

Anyone up for a camp trip Nov 3rd-ish?
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
Sweet pics guys, wish i wasnt vertically challenged on the water...lol

Anyone read my water not coming out of exhaust thread?

A few weeks ago, there was a brandy new black and green centurion out at bartlett pulling a huge quad or triangle tube with huge balls on the corners.
Had 4 young kids. He had no spotter in boat with four kids on the tube, anyone else see this? Oh and He was ruining the glass with figure eights... and his boat was low (sacked for tubers?)
IS there anything you can do, or tell these people?

I am down for camp trip...details?
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
You guys are going pretty large! Fall riding is always the best.

You may want to consider renaming the post S-Town photos.
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       10-16-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I have been watching weather.com and if you get to the hour by hour I've found that the forecast of the wind speed is very accurate. I prefer mornings, but if the wind is supposed to die off in the afternoon, I will switch. I also pick sat or sun by which day is less windy.

Sweet pics!
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Robert, I use weather.com everyday (especially for car washing) lol...especially for lake trips. It has been very accurate except for those monsoons.
I have used it since last summer. I did notice if you used different zip codes, or cities it does alter the weather forecast ie. scottsdale for saguaro, cave creek for bartlett.
Sometimes canyon would be better than bartlett, or saguaro (just an example).
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-16-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I usually get f'd washing the car. Either rain, or a sprinkler on the side of the road ruin a few hours worth of work. ah well.

No details on the camp trip...it was just a thought, and will prob develop in due time if there's enough interest. i guess we should prob discuss those plans in the ol AZ riders get organized thread and leave the rest of the world out.

The marina site has weather info, but i cant verify its accuracy...
http://bartlettlake.com/index.php
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-17-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Hey Scott- So Ryan hooked up with you guys- that's cool- he and I rode together a lot of the last two years here in Minnesota- how far do you guys need to go ( mile wise) to find water that's not too crowded?
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       10-17-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
What up will! umm. to find water, bout 30-45 min.

Water thats not crowded peak season...havent found it. More or less it comes down to timing.

I guess if you drove 1.5-2 hrs there's a chance for some solitude. Or 5hrs to Powell. Nothing like the 10,000 lakes in your backyard, however, ours dont freeze.