Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-27-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
looking at these two boats, any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated. like the supra,love the room and seating. the enzo is being quoted at 59,000.00 out the door, seems kinda high it has just the stock sound system, perfect pass and wake plate. i had a 96 nautique sport open bow, it went down in lake powell,during the perfect storm....

(Message edited by mortbike on February 27, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-27-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
that enzo is over priced.

I look at one last year and completly loaded to the gills...56k out the door,it even had the side swipe
Old    murrayair            02-27-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
That's so dumb that they named it the "Enzo". Sounds to me like Centurian is trying to ride off of the success of Ferarri's flagship car.

Sorry. The car enthusiast side of me couldn't help it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-28-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Definetely sounds to much for the Enzo. I like Centurion but not that much! As far as the Supra, I don;t know much about them but they look awesome and I know the wake is awesome. And at 24 " must have tons of room.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-01-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
Um.... that would be a 24V by Supra. Not 24 LSV. The Centurion sounds way way overpriced.
Old    tday            03-01-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
Just bought the supra tons of room - paid a lot less than 59k for the centurion. Had a MC - test drove the supra and it handled much better than my smaller MC. Taking it out for the maiden voyage soon - I let you know how it goes.
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-01-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
tday, when you take your boat out , see if there is a vibration around 20-25 miles per hour and slightly turn the boat right , i felt a vibration today during a test session,they felt it might be the prop shaft not properly aligned, with that i'm still really leaning toward the supra,better boat,better price..
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-02-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
Ummm, technically, that would be the 24SSV by Supra... not the 24V.

I bought one too, picking it up this weekend. Pretty much fully loaded for much less than 59K. Even much less than 56K.

(Message edited by schmo on March 02, 2005)
Old    tday            03-02-2005, 8:12 AM Reply   
thanks mortbike - I will check it out. I don't remember feeling anything when I did my test - just hope the weather breaks - im itchin to get out.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-02-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
I didn't feel anything on my test either, however I did have the same experience as tday. The boat handled very well despite the fact that it is big and heavy. It also plowed right through double ups.
Old    coy            03-02-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
our enzo STARTS out at $51,495...........
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-02-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
My fully loaded 24SSV was less than that too...
Old    coy            03-02-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
really, well i just got off the phone with a friend that is a supra salesman and he said 24ssv goes anywhere from 49k to 55k. we are talking about a 05 enzo to a 05 supra 24ssv. not a 04 moomba mobius xlv.
Old    tday            03-02-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
trying not to kill the dealer here - but my 05 24ssv fully loaded was less than that too
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
got pricing on an 05 supra 24ssv low 50's now the big ? can they get to me by june 1??they say they can but from prev. posts it sounds as though they are running behind,the west coast rep. says no problem, but i leave for lake powell june 30 for 2 weeks, then back in aug for 2 weeks , and 2 wks in sept.. i dont want to put a deposit down and end up with no boat......... btw thank you all for the comments

(Message edited by mortbike on March 02, 2005)
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-03-2005, 5:51 AM Reply   
coy,

I know the difference between an 04 XLV and an 05 24SSV. I also don't like posting prices (so I won't exactly) but to give you an idea of what I consider fully loaded:

This is what I got:
2005 Supra 24SSV
340HP Engine (upgrade)
3 outlet heater (option)
Perfect Pass (option)
Colored cockpit colver (option)
Colored tonneau cover (option)
Colored bimini (option)
AM/FM/MP3 Sirius compat stereo (standard)
4 channel amp (option)
subwoofer (option)
Pair of Fusion tower speakers (option)
Docking lights (option)
Swing hitch on trailer (option)
Tower mirror (option, windshield mount standard)
3 year bumper to bumper warranty (option)
Stainless rubrail (standard)
Tandem axle trailer (standard)
Depth guage, 1800lb ballast, wakeplate, tower, swivel board racks (all standard). Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

All of that for less than the enzo START price listed above. The starting LIST price for the 24SSV is 49K and change however, if you pay that, you don't know how to deal.

Here is a picture of what exactly like the one I am picking up on Saturday (except it doesn't have the tower speakers nor a heater).

Supra 24SSV

(Message edited by schmo on March 03, 2005)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
I have no problem posting the price for the ssv since Supra supplies it on there web site.

Supra Configuration & Options
Price
Boat Type: Launch 24SSV US $49,995.00
Safety Lanyard/Emergency Engine Shutoff: Standard
Heater: US $550.00
Stainless Steel Rubrail (Charcoal, Black or White): Standard
Docking Lights: US $295.00
AM/FM MP3 CD w/Remote (Sirius ready) w/ Gravity Speakers: Standard
10'' Subwoofer (requires amp): US $225.00
Amplifier, 4 channel: US $395.00
Tower Speakers (set of 2, requires amp): US $550.00
Tonneau Cover- Special Colors (Black, Red, Brit Blue, Navy Blue): US $195.00
Rad-A-Cage Bimini (Taupe or Grey): US $550.00
Cockpit Cover- Special Colors (Black, Red, Brit Blue, Navy Blue): US $650.00
Playpen: Standard
Standard Prop (4-blade CNC): Standard
Indmar Assault 325 HP MPI: Standard
Indmar Assault 340 HP MPI: US $1,295.00
Rad-A-Cage Tower: Standard
Tower Mirror: Standard
Hydraulic Wakeplate: Standard
Premium Swivel Wakeboard Racks (set of two): Standard
Tower Patent Royalty Surcharge: US $75.00
PerfectPass- Wakeboard Pro: US $1,095.00
Tandem Torsion Axle w/ Disc Brakes: Standard
Swingaway Tongue, Color Matched: US $195.00

Standard Options
Standard Features include 100% hand laid fiberglass construction. Indame assault 325 hp MPI, with a 3 year warranty. Custom matched tandem axle trailer with disc brakes. SRS (supra ride system) 34 oz G&T SRT vinyls, Rada-cage Tower, Gravity III ballast system, Hydraulic wakeplate, Kenwood cd/mp3 player with 6 speakers, and a depth finder to name a few!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL US $56,065.00
Price Quoted is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for boat, trailer and options listed. Price does not include freight to destination, taxes, duties, dealer prep, or dealer installed options. All prices are quoted in US Dollars.

The Enzo similar equipped could be purchased in the same range as the SSV
My dealer had a killer deal on a left over Enzo at the show it had everything on the list except the Hydraulic wake plate

(Message edited by krbaugh on March 03, 2005)
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-04-2005, 4:02 AM Reply   
The difference is that you are posting MSRP prices and I am posting what I actually negotiated. Like I said previously, I got a 24SSV with all those options and didn't even break 50K. Also throw in the increased warranty of 3 years bumper to bumper that is a 1000 option and my speakers are aftermarket that are twice the cost of the factory tower speakers.

The initial post indicated that the guy was quoted 59K out the door for the Enzo. Even after adding taxes to mine, that is quite a large difference.

Maybe you can get a fully loaded Enzo for 50K however my point was that I KNOW that you can get a 24SSV for much less than the 59 he was quoted for an Enzo if you know how to work a deal. You can't compare MSRP with the price a dealer negotiated with a customer. As I said before, anyone who pays MSRP needs to take a lesson in the art of negotiation.

(Message edited by Schmo on March 04, 2005)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-04-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
Exactly you are comparing at least close to MSRP on the Enzo to your negotiated price on a SSV. We also don't know what the Enzo was equipped with or how much "Negotiating" was done. All things being equal options and dealers margin the boats would be very close in price.

Anyway have fun with your new Supra I am sure it will be a great boat.
Old    coy            03-04-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
Dave, since we are on first name bases. You are stating what you bought the boat for, and I am stating what our starting price is. I believe that I can go cheaper that that supra you got there.....Oh and by the way why are all of you post edited?
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-04-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
They are edited so I can always change my mind. ;) Seriously though, I always find a type shorly afterwards and I am anal retentive like that.

That's cool that you can go lower. I am not trying to start a war here. The original poster just stated that he was getting 59K out the door which is high.

He either needs to:

A) Find another Centruion dealer (like you maybe)
B) Negotiate better with the existing dealer
C) Find an alternative (the only alternative that I know can be cheaper than that is the 24SSV).

One way or another, he should do better and many times we have a choice of only one dealer. If they don't want to deal, we are forced to another brand.