Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-23-2014, 4:04 PM Reply   
Local board shop is going out of business, and it just so happens to be across the street from my bank.

Long story short I walked out with a ronix koalfish 5'0 for $270. Figured it wasn't a bad deal, and I've been looking for a board so I bought it.

Thought it wasn't a bad buy.

What do you guys think? Boat I'll be surfing is a v215 with 750's in the rear.

Any words of advice? What do you think?

Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-23-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
HAHA. That is the board I ride. You are going to have a good summer.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-23-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
Nice looking board but I hope the quality came up to spec.. I had two of them a couple of years ago and they ding and cracked very easy... super thin fiberglass on the ones i had... Good Luck..
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-23-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
Is it a good riding board? Good for beginners?
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-23-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
funny you should post this as I just came across one for sale today and was going to post asking the same question, is it a good board for beginners?
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-23-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
It is a good board to float on at the party cove
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-23-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyber View Post
It is a good board to float on at the party cove

Sweet. We all know I like the party cove
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-25-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
It's actually a fast good riding board for beginners to int.... But the quality was so bad I got rid of them.. I repaired mine twice for dings on the side rails.... There;s a thread on that board here on WW somewhere..
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       04-25-2014, 3:43 PM Reply   
its a fun board...decent for learning... you'll do fine! Great stepping board to a custom Soulcraft or Doomswell
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-26-2014, 9:28 PM Reply   
They have had a rep for being really fragile and cracking as well as pearling a lot. In the most recent revision they have flipped the nose up to help with the pearling and have allegedly upped the build quality and durability. I have yet to ride one, but my buddy just picked one up over the winter. We will see how it does this season as I'm sure you will too.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-09-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
I've only surfed mine once. It felt pretty natural. Yes, it's more fragile than I'd like.

My surfing wasn't very "conclusive" as my buddy forgot to bring the bags, so we were surfing a 21' tige vdrive with 2 people on the surf side as the only "ballast" and we still had the driver. But I guess the fact we could surf a no ballast boat says good things for the board!