Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-07-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
and that's why I can't trust a man that matches his ties to a highlighter
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-07-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
That loss to Iowa State did get Frank a raise, more than doubled his salary to $1.55 mil plus incentives today.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-09-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
March Madness has begun. Zags lose and an at large bid is taken away. Wofford makes the tourney for the first time. Have fun against a number 1.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
Wow, two final four teams look to be out this year. UConn getting smoked last night and of course UNC Hey Jonathan, ready to talk about next year yet?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Well, bad news is I have the flu today, good news is I get to watch the first round Big 12 games.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
OK, I lied. I forgot the Big 12 is ran by a bunch of idiots and I won't be able to see the first round games because one of the nation's most premiere conferences cannot even get on TV in a city in it's market. The "Big 12 Network" is a complete joke. When most of your games are on ESPN 360, this is a joke. Couple this with KSU-K-State not making national TV last week, and I'm calling for someone else in charge down in Dallas.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-10-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Does Missouri even want in the tournament? I didn't watch the game but they got beat by 15 by Nebraska.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
In Mizzou's defense, Nebraska shot 60 some percent from the field. They took K-State to overtime in Manhattan. This is probably going to result in Nebraska losing by 20 tomorrow they way these things usually turn out.

Mizzou would be just an average team if they didn't creat so much with the press. I'm not very impressed.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-11-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
Who is everyones pick for player of the year? It seems all the "experts" think it's going to be Evan Turner or John Wall. I am a Buckeyes fan so obviously I'm going to have to go with ET.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
I think ET is the only choice for POY. Without him OSU wouldn't be anywhere close to as good. UK is loaded with talent.

haha... Mizzou lost. I love it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
down goes Syracuse!!!

Texas Tech really hung with us for a while today, we played like crap.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
Finally put a good half together. Now I don't know who I would rather play tomorrow.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-12-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Holy crap Evan Turner! Did anyone see the end of the Michigan vs Ohio State game in the big ten tourny? ET took the in bounds pass with 2.2 seconds left and ran it about 5 feet past half court and drained a three for the win!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-12-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
WOW!! What a shot.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-13-2010, 5:28 PM Reply   
What a game!

Been watching the Dogs for the last week or so and today took the cake. Talk about a nail biter! Huskies move on Cal goes home.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I was kind of worried before the game and for the start of the second half that the Buckeye's would loose their legs after playing three days in a row. With about 12 minutes left to play the score was 44-40 and the Buckeyes just took over from there on out, outscoring Minny 46-21.

Last edited by dave23; 03-14-2010 at 2:52 PM.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-14-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
The two most likely overall #1 seeds (KU, UK) have the hardest brackets. And Duke got the #3 overall and the easiest bracket. Anyone else think the selection committee **** the bed?
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-14-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
we got snubbed again. 3rd year in a row. I am FUMED
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-15-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
Who is your team again Adam?

Yes, I think the selection committee really effed up on KU and UK. But what can you do?
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-15-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
Ian, I think his team is Va Tech. I think the NCAA Committee really **** the bed this year. They need to come out with some standards for getting into the tourny as an at large, it seems it changes every year. One year your RPI is the key, the next SOS, or how you do in the conference toury. I'm trying to get tickets for the sweet 16 in STL, hopefully I get to watch the Bucks!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-16-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
Everyone is saying Duke has an easy road, but I've got Baylor out of that bracket. Baylor is a very good team. They played Kansas and Kansas State well and have some very good wins. I think they match up with Duke pretty well.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
I do think Duke has the easiest road but I still think they'll choke it away. There is no doubt that Baylor is a very good squad. Really it seems there are no dominant teams out there. UK has seemed very vulnerable at times this year, Syracuse couldn't even get to the finals of their own conference tourney, Duke is a perennial choker, KSU is a great sleeper pick but they were swept by KU this year... Nova? Georgetown? OSU? I just don't see any of those teams winning 6 games. Hell, KU lost to OSU a few weeks ago. Gotta go with my Jayhawks to win it all this year though in my bracket.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-16-2010, 9:15 AM Reply   
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-16-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Yea I go to VT, Ian.

A couple of fun statistics...
-ACC teams 1,2,3,5,6,7 all got in, not No.4
-VT beat 5,6,7 head to head
-VT has a better conference record than wake
-my favorite...In the ACC, a team finishing 4th or better has made the NCAA tournament 23 OF 26 TIMES. ALL 3 CASES WHERE THEY DIDN'T GET IN WERE VT!

As a secondary Duke fan...yea they have a relatively easy road but have been choking in the NCAA tournament since winning it in '01. I feel like they are due for a run, but I dont see this team being a championship contender. Theyre nowhere as good as the 01 and 02 team or the 05 and 09 UNC team.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Just got the call that I have a ticket to the SLC Regionals and where to meet for beers after work(pre game)..... YES!!!!

(can you tell I am excited)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-25-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
Nice, have fun!
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Just got the call that I have a ticket to the SLC Regionals and where to meet for beers after work(pre game)..... YES!!!!

(can you tell I am excited)
Sweet! I'll be in STL for the games tomorrow!
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-25-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
Damn E.J. looks like you got to see quite a good game between K State and Xavier. That place looked empty (at least in the front by half court).
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
Damn E.J. looks like you got to see quite a good game between K State and Xavier. That place looked empty (at least in the front by half court).
The ESA was full, but blocks would empty related to teams playing. Place was packed with Orange during the first game and splotches of Purple when looking across from the side we were on(center court row 20). The KState area slowly filled as the first game progressed. After the Orange lost, many wandered out.... "Most" of the Butler fans stayed to bask in their glory.

Because there are no alcohol sales at NCAA hosted events, I assume many wanted to go have a few.....or prime before going into their game.

I am AMAZED at the effort the NCAA takes to brand this thing. EVERY LITTLE THING that you are use to going to a game at ESA is GONE. All advertizing is covered up, all banners & retired jerseys taken down. They bring in their own court.... It is like a whole different arena. I talked with my friend and it is crazy stuff.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
I have never been a fan of Bob Huggins, but I his actions last night make me like him a little more....