Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
ok so im getting a monster tower.. now i was thinking about either the double cans that monster sells for tower speakers or single wetsounds.. which one is better... second i need all new equipment for my boat. a new cd deck amp wiring? what else do i need for a great sounding system

any help would be great .. thanks
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
you need a sub, an amp, a deck, and tower speekers. might i suggest goin kicker? solo x 18, 2 solo baric 12's, 3 sx 900.2 watt amps, and lightning audio double cans for tower speakers.

i dont know if thats the right wattage, but that would be sikk.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-15-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
scratch the lightnings, get the kicker kmt6 tower speakers. yea. thatll be xpensive...
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-16-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Wetsounds are louder. Here's a wiring diagram to look at. It is my stereo.

Upload
Old     (drpete3)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
Why do you have 2 six volt batteries wired in series? Why not just another 12v? How about a capacitor? No?

Sweet setup

How many ohms are you running that sub amp at?
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-17-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
The 2 6 volts wired in series produces 12 volts. I used the 6 volt golf cart batteries because they will last the whole day powering my stereo.
The system is 3600 watts peak and 2400 watts RMS. The golf cart batteries are made for amp capacity and being discharged and charged repeatedly. I did a lot of research on the batteries before chosing this set up. I had 2 12 volts wired parallel before and they would last about 6 hours then amps would start clipping because of low voltage. NO capacitor is on the set up and it is not needed. The amps are turned 1/2 way up and the eq/line driver is controlling the sound and crossover points except for the HLCD's which are are crossed at 3500 hz on a passive crossover. I am running everything at 2 ohms. I have twice the power needed at the speakers and am using efficient amps so they do not pull the power down like the older amps do.
Old     (swollen524)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-17-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
What amps are best for 3 JL 10inch W7? Im not to familiar with stereos and need some advice
Old     (sea_ray_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-18-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Class D monoblock amps for the subs.

(Message edited by sea_ray_dave on April 18, 2007)