Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    sliderfreak            03-01-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
i was wondering if there is one of those unwrttin laws in place on this subject...i am goin to be purchasing a LF substance and i have Hyperlite temets as my only bindings.. wood puttin my temets on the substance be one of those major
" yo dude....c'mon thats not right!"??? or should i invest in some LF bindings as well. i dont know.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-01-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
no way. I rode a substance with Belmonts for a long time. Some people might say something, but who cares. LF makes good bindings too though. Ride what you want.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-01-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Who cares what other people think, do and ride what feels good to you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-01-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Cross dressing?

I say match up the gear that works best for you. Screw the branding. I hade my Zeus mounted on my Substance. But most of my stuff is usually CWB.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-01-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
lol...Thane beat me to it.
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Liquid force has shallower binding mount holes than Hyperlite. You will need to find some spacers otherwise find new screws. The Hyperlite ones are too long. I tried Hyperlite Parks bindings on the LF Team 139 board. You can do it, just get creative.

(Message edited by nautiquelover on March 01, 2005)
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       03-01-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Hyperlite makes an EOS kit for the LF and O'Brien Boards, go to any local dealer to get em
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-01-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
Byerly board, Transit bindings.
A match made in heaven!
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-01-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
ive got my team 139 and xxl parks, just get shorted screws for the bindings, your shop can hook you up with that.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
mitch, ditch the board and get back to riding the Skyski.
Old    sliderfreak            03-01-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
waz up sean?? haha wierd that u mentioned it actually went out on my dads ski and was rippin fairly well! siked for summer here in washington eh! i guess its supposed to be like 70 next week. HELL YES are the only words appropriate for this.
Anyways thanx for everyones input i was on the same lines as everyone else but i needed some reasureing. i hope this is gonna be a good combo.
later
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2005, 4:43 AM Reply   
Dude in some countries in africa they would have your left hand for that!
Just kidding, ride what you want. Right now I'm rocking one parks bindings, one CWB Zeus binding on and origin/cwb board.
Just make sure those screws dont bottom out, or you'll be screwed.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-02-2005, 7:27 AM Reply   
I have a Hype board and LF transits. Wife rides a LF board and Hype ERA's...go figure huh?

Eric
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-02-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Whatever feels best for you. I've got LF bindings on a CWB board, and before that had Hyperlite bindings on a Blindside board.

Plus, if you get different brands of gear, you can put more decals on your car! sweeeet
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
I have Transits on my HL Parks, and Nice Scarecrows on my Absolute. Works great for me. Use what ever works for you. You may like the ride of a certain board, and the support or comfort of a certain binding. It should not matter what brands you are mixing, other than the screw-size thing.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
I’ve got a Trip 143 with Doubleup binding. I couldn’t fit my feet in to the dainty XXL LF bindings that came with the board, but the shop owner let me swap the Doubleup binding. I’m n o expert but the LF Trip with Doubleup bindings works for me.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2005, 4:16 AM Reply   
i rode my HL Premier DNA 140 with zeus bindings for well over a year and a half ....no problems and who caresa what others say..although now i have a new CWB Abs plat with those same zeus on it and i got some old belmonts on the premier for my backup/slider board ..

I now match but only by choice and the fact that i now liked those setups...
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-04-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
I used to ride a Platium w/ Obrien. No matter, you like the board and the bindings r like slippers.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-04-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
I'm riding the Obrien Vision with Belmont bindings, had to go to the hardware store to buy smaller screws but it works. Go for it, and don't listen to anyone who gives you a hard time about it.