Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Looking for a bit more out of a board, but not overkill. I am 5'11 about 185. Any suggestions.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
There are quite a few options out there.

You ride skim or surf?

Do you have any shops around you that you could maybe go demo some different boards?

Last edited by bac; 03-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old     (Cyoda44)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lka__supra24ssv View Post
Looking for a bit more out of a board, but not overkill. I am 5'11 about 185. Any suggestions.
I always sugest http://www.thewalkerproject.com/wake-surfing/ very nice boards and great customer service.
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Never tried a skim style board before. I have only ever ridden the broadcast.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-05-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
I thought this would be a petition for Hyp to retire the Broadcast lol.

What do you want to do? Spins and shuvs or slaysh and airs? Skim is very fun and easy but the boards tend to nose dive a lot and falling is easier. Traditional or surf style are bigger and more stable. You have a lot of choices. Check out wakeoutlaws.com general store.
Old     (lka__supra24ssv)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
After doing some research it looks like I am going to stay with the surf style. I don't want something too aggressive, just looking to progress more and get a bit of air.
Old     (HateAndPain)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
I love my The Walker Project board. I went from a Broadcast to the Comp. 5.0 and it was a night and day difference. Mike will work with you to get just the right board for you and your wave.