Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
I'm coming home soon. I'm being considered for a position (I'm 99% there) that I will not be able to say "no" to. It's the career change I've been looking for. I've always said that I would never move back to SoCal again, but I need to grab this opportunity not knowing if I'll ever get this opportunity again.

Now, a lot of you know that I moved to Seattle to be w/ my kid. That's not going so well. I've seen him once in the past 4 months. Does my moving mean I'm giving up? No…it will make things better. I plan on coming back in a year or so. Sounds crazy, I know, but I've got it all mapped out already.

So, I'm looking to hook up w/ you guys (Gramps, Blabelmooch, Richard B., tahoe, Noonan, BillJ, Chris Neeley, thane dogg, etc.)as soon as I get down there…to do some riding, partying, etc. I've never experienced Canyon Lake, but am looking forward to it. I've ridden Castaic, Smellsomemore and Mission Bay. Trust me when I'm say I'm familiar with the procedure. (getting' up at the butt-crack of dawn to get good water) I'll be living in Irvine, so SD, LA, OC and Riverside counties are all close to me.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-21-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
When are you coming down?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
As early as next month.
Old    cws_kahuna            01-21-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Joe,
Sorry to hear things are not going so well with seeing your kid more often.

Good luck on obtaining the new position.

I'll get you some ride time at Canyon Lake.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-21-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Just on time for the 2004 Canyon Lake series! Ditto Richard, I think we can make room for you, Joe!
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-21-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
You just better watch yourself Joe! We are crazy down here. We will cut your throat for throwing a power turn! It is rough. Better bring your A game.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
It's a good thing I don't do powerturns! Hell, I don't even drive anymore...ask Fisher what happens when I get behind the wheel of a boat!
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hey Joe – Congrats on the new position (hopefully) Let me know once you get down here, there’s always room in my boat. Chris
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Congrats, if you ever need a ride, let me know. Where in Seatown did you live? I'm a native, Lake Tapps area. Don't know if I would ever go back to live though, you can't beat the sunshine everyday.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-21-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
Uh oh.....

Ha, you better take up surfing!

Keep us posted on when you make the move.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
Joe - Well, I wasn't going to mention it, but since you bring it up.....

Guys, I really wouldn't recommend letting Joe drive your boats...bad things can happen. Should I list the things that have happened with Joe at the helm??? No, that would take all day! hahahaha

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with Kyle. Hopefully, time will heal things!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Brandon, I'm on the Eastside, in Woodinville, near Lake Sammamish.

Blabelmooch, interestingly enough, I used to surf a lot when I was a kid...Huntington. I did so up until I almost drowned. It was my fear of drowning that almost kept me from wakeboarding.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-21-2004, 10:49 AM Reply   
Yeah I'm just saying we put up with the conditions because it's nice to have the luxory to do other things. I seem to be riding less and less these days and it doesn't bother me like it used to.

How did you almost drown?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
The only thing I can remember was I was underwater, had the wind knocked outta me, and for some reason, I could swim up to the top. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it freaked me enough to keep me from the water for a looooong time.

Fisher, whether I brought it up or not, you would've done so anyway.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-21-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Brandon,

My Brother works in Lake Tapps! Small world. I might move up there and work in that area myself.

Tim
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       01-22-2004, 12:06 AM Reply   
The Tamale's Back! I'll keep a beer in the cooler for you! Hit me up when you get into town. Get down here soon...while the water's good...once spring rolls around...chop city!

Dan
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-22-2004, 6:49 AM Reply   
Joe:

I surfed Huntington once back in the day on a road trip. It was an overhead day and I remember getting drilled and hitting bottom pretty good there too. Doesn't sound all that ridculous to me!

RD
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-23-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Joe, having seen your posts on this site and the other I'm glad your heading back to the promise land. I'd like to meet you sometime, it's weird with these things you get to where you feel like you know people pretty good. Sometime in the Spring or Summer we gotta ride, what about the West Side Spring Ride? Irvine, that is great, thats like two clicks from home(Costa Mesa). Sorry about the situation in Seattle, I remember you posting on it awhile back.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2004, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Stephen. We'll definitely have to hook up.

As for WSSR, stay tuned. Something big is in the works!
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-23-2004, 1:25 PM Reply   
Bigger than Buena Vista?

HA HA, sorry Joe had to do it. Irvine is about an hour south of Castaic.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
Neeley, slightly bigger! Hell, I might even show!

Yeah, I've ridden Castaic...kind of similar to Lake Sammamish. If you're not there at the butt crack of dawn, it's like the Pacific Ocean.

We gotta hook up, dude! Gotta ride behind the Sanger Putanger!
Old    tammy            01-23-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
are you going to stop and say hi on your way down?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-23-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
Tammy, absolutely! I plan on stopping for 2-3 days.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-30-2004, 7:53 AM Reply   
Alright sukkas, my ass is on its way down to NorCal, either Thursday (2/5) or Friday (2/6). I plan on staying thru the weekend, and making my trek down to SoCal on Monday, the 9th.

It's time to partaaay! Give up the bootaaay!

(ok, that was dumb!)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure that some fellas might be riding at Lake San Antonio on that Saturday or Sunday. Not my boat but I'm guessing that you'd be welcome to join in. It's Gary's boat (I believe he's goth20 on here). You know do a little re-con, gather some intel for WSSR.