Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2014, 1:46 PM Reply   
i have a friend who just got one.

anybody surf one or know the best set up for surf
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-06-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
i mean 2005....my bad
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       05-06-2014, 6:03 PM Reply   
Since it's a 05, the prop rotation will favor the port side (regular side) over the goofy side. But due to the walk way it might make it difficult to get a big wave. Try getting as close as you can to 1k in weight on left rear corner, fill the belly half full. If wave is to steep with not much of a pocket add some weight in the bow or fill the belly to 3/4 full.

I've never surfed a 211, but that is what I would start with. We fill my 230 with over 1k in right rear corner, until the rub rail is under water in the corner
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-07-2014, 11:22 AM Reply   
This sounds about right. General rule of thumb, throw as much weight in the surf corner as you can and add/move weight forward as needed to tune the wake. Play with speed as well, around 10mph give or take a mile or two is where you want to be. Faster will length the wake, slower makes it grow and gives more push.
If we have a good driver, they will notice if we're falling back and ease off the throttle a little bit making the bigger wave with more push catch us.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-07-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
who got the nautique?