Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    kevinsherwin            07-10-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
Im thinking about buying a 2000-2002 sanger V210. I was wondering if the hull design is the same for 2000 thru 2004? also if you were happy with your sanger v210. likes and dislikes.If you could do it again what would you do different and if you have any pics to show me that would be awesome. thanks
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
Love my sanger, new v210
wish i had put perfect pass in before rather than later. having the rear ballast tanks would be nice over the standard center tanks.

350mag motor and im happy, boat handles any water and turns around easy for double ups with lots of weight. No worries

boat just sits kinda low in the water when weighted, watch the rollers
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
The hull is the same from inception in 95 till now, If it aint broke don't fix it.

If I was buying a new one I would get it with the flat engine pad I think. I like the look of the hump but boards tend to slide off it a bit, especially if you use 303 on it.

We don't have any problem with the low sides and taking on water, it is a extremely dry boat considering its free board, I run 1800 pounds & 7+ people most days so its well loaded down. I never take water over the stern & very rarely over the front, the boat turns VERY tight at slow speeds so you can always idle around between your wakes when stopping to get a downed rider.

It is very good on gas & the wake is world class, and it has the most cabin room and storage of any similar sized boat. I love my V210.

If you want any details on proping or weighting send me an email.
Old    foobysmacker            07-10-2004, 10:18 PM Reply   
Love my 2001 V210. AFAIK the hull design hasn't changed in several years-- I guess Sanger figures why change things since they got it right? :-)

Just put in PP as well-- also wish I would have done it right away.

Put in a custom 700lb letsgoride sack in the center locker per Ty's sweet install guide posted here. The wake is great with normal groups of people in the boat but am thinking of two sacks split between the rear lockers for when I just go with 3 guys in the boat.

Have the 330hp Black Scorp motor with a new Acme 13x11 prop (per Acme's recommendation) and it's the best thing ever-- great hole shot when fully loaded and still tops around 47-48mph.

Love the storage in the boat.

Love the dash/instrumentation-- have full speedo/tach + room for dedicated PP gauge + one more (deciding between analog clock or stereo remote)

Couldn't be happier.

Dislikes?
My 01 has the older style pro-flight tower-- folds down but won't clear a 7ft. opening for a garage like the newer 2-piece towers would. I would probably have shopped for one without a tower and added a 2-piece and got a custom bimini on telescopic arms (adjustable height).

Old    kevinsherwin            07-11-2004, 12:30 AM Reply   
Thanks you guys it seems to me that a V210 is a great value for the dollar.
thanks again kevin sherwin puyallup washington
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-14-2004, 11:30 PM Reply   
You can not go wrong.
I bought a slightly used 2003 V210 in February and will echo the statements above - this is a sweet boat. Never mind good value, this is a sweet boat regardless of the price.

Only things I will add to the above, since I went through this process of trying to find the right used V210, is that I beleive the interior was upgraded in either 2002 or 2003. Also the exterior color schemes were I think changed in 2003 (for one the side design was changed to just "sanger" from "ski sanger").
The important things like the wake and motors were the same for all the years you are looking at though.

I originally was really set on the Scorpion motor for the flat sun pad, but found the right one with the 315 motor and have no issues with the hump at all (haven't 303'd it yet, so I'll see if I lose anyone off the side after I do that shortly). I would take that extra $$ and spend it on pefect pass - after having this and getting consistent perfect pulls every single time I will cut costs somewhere else rather than do without the pp ever again.

Gas mileage has also been sweet. After I first got it I took it out for 3 short days and I filled it up again as I thought the gas gauge was broken as it had dropped so little. Ended up taking a third of a tank to fill it back up again - I use more gas driving my truck to the ramp than the boat does for the day.
You will not find a bad word said about the Sangers by anyone who owns one - that in itself was a big factor for me when looking for my first boat. Good luck.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-16-2004, 1:54 AM Reply   
Magnus Glad to see my/Your boat is doing well, god do I miss IT. Did you ever getthe warranty switched? I LOVED THAT BOAT

SANGERS ARE GREAT!!!Killer wake, Killer Quality, KILLER PRICE!

That was one of the hardest days for me, watching my baby roll down the freeway....

Magnus, have ya weighted her at all?
Old     (blue1439)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-19-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
since u all are sanger owners whats this one worth? its a 99 v210 with 780 hrs on it

Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-19-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
That's quite a lot of hours. These are well built boats, but without getting it thoroughly inspected it's anyone's guess. I'd also check the maintenance records as well as a well maintained boat with that many hours could be fine.

Gary- yeah boat's going great - she is still happy in her new home I think. I haven't weighted it down yet as so far I haven't really needed it - puts out a killer wake even without it. I've also been taking a lot of beginners out and I'm worried I'd hurt someone (got a half dozen more people hooked - now if they'd just buy their own boat so I could take a break some weekend).

Still some paperwork on the warranty to take care of.

Gary - where are you now?
Old    grampawakerider            07-19-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
Gary - Had I known then what I know now, I'd have bought that Sanger from ya, now I'm shopping for an '05. Or a closeout on an '04 if I can find one.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-19-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
we got our sanger V210 in oct 2003 and love it. Our last trip to shasta we had 12 people and a dog we had all kinds of room. With the 350 MPI we had no problem getting someone out of the water all kinds of power
sanger V210
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 6:30 PM Reply   
I am looking at a 04 Sanger from a dealership and am wondering what a good price would be.... He is qouting me 36,000 but thats without bimini, tower lights or speakers, and a ballast in the front only... Thanks in advance...
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-20-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
check with salinas valley marine and talk to TIM. He will beat that price and tell him I sent you
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-20-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
Seems a little high to me too. I actually got decent quotes from Central Valley Marine in San Jose (which may be where you got this price). I was pricing a new '04 V215 in the winter, before I came across Gary's V210 that I ended up buying.
Unfortunately unless you are willing to wait until late in the summer you may end up paying a little more. Try Scott's recommendation, you might have better luck there.

I'm also assuming $36K is for the regular 350MPI, not the Scorpion and doesn't include any goodies such as perfect pass.
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2004, 9:19 PM Reply   
No it is the scorpion, but as you mentioned does not have perfect pass. I got the quote from Hammmer and Ski. I actually went over to Central Valley after work and he was saying 37,500 for the same boat... I will try Salinas tomorrow.
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-20-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
Ouch $37.5K I guess it all depends on what they have access to in terms of supply.
$36K maybe wouldn't be bad if it had some extras like depth finder, shower, heater, board racks, bow cover, full boat cover, stereo etc. All that stuff can add up if you want it and is nice to have. Still probably check out Salinas. Looks like you might be adding to the V210's in the San Jose area (I see a lot down at Anderson). You'll be happy you did (once you find the right deal).
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-21-2004, 1:19 AM Reply   
Dont tell him how much you paid...lol
Old     (duramax_dually)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have an '03 Sanger V210 WS series with the custom graphic option, Try Semper Marine in Fresno(20 miles away from the Sanger manufacturing facility). I have to say this Sanger is my 1st "True" Wakeboard Boat. I had some open Bow runabouts deals but decided it was time to get away from the protruding prop deal for my childrens safety.

Before I purchased I went and looked at quite a variety of makers, Malibu, Mastercraft, Tige, Sanger, SAN etc. You cannot beat these boats. The boat handles like a dream, Has a ample power, a ton of storage(I have yet to fill it all up even with 6-8 people on the boat at times)the price, The features, the wake it generates, the stance in the water. I admit that the attention to details the other boats have is better in some areas but overall they are comparable. I was talking to a guy this past weekend who had an issue with his big X2 Decal coming off. I thought all were gel coated graphics like the Sanger????

From what I gather, Sanger Company is very happy building a small quantity of boats and have been that way for years.

I say save $10-$20K and buy the Sanger.
Old    00prostar205v            07-27-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
Nobody builds them better than Sanger.
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
I ended up getting it and am enjoying it fully. Fist boat I have owned and it is awesome. Rode it last week for the first time and it had a great wake without the ballast or fat sacs. Can't wait to get to 20 hours to do some serious riding.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2004, 12:17 AM Reply   
Welcome to the family. Post some pics!
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
Will do as soon as I get the digital camera from a certain someone who ended up using way more than I did and can't seem to get it home to me...LOL