Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-20-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
I have an 08 Supra and have posted this before, but on the digital gauge I have a reoccurring service required thing pop up all the time. I took it to the dealer twice and they changed all the 02 sensors because I was having rpm issues as well. Just got it back after not having it for 2 full weeks and started the boat up and it is still comming up. Another problem is in perfect pass in the slalom mode the engine won't let the boat go over 3000 rpm. It works fine in wakeboarding mode or when you just turn off perfect pass. If anyone would have any ideas I would appreciate it. I don't want to hurt the boat, but i'm not taking it back to the dealer until after this weekend. Thanks.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-22-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
The code will eventually go away if problem was corrected. It takes a while ( on/off cycles) for the codes to clear.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-22-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
Sam,
Wouldn't you think a weekends worth of boating, constantly turning it on and off after riders and such would clear the codes by then? It's really irritating me constantly hitting enter to see the digital gauge. Also, the fact I have taken it too the dealer twice now and they've had it for a total of 3 weeks and it's still not fixed.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
Is your dealer on the water? They can only diagnose so many things on a hose or computer. Sounds to me like they need to take it to the lake and run it while hooked to the computer.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-22-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Bret,
They're not right on a lake, but are by many lakes that have public access. I have no idea if they have done one or not, but they thought it was the 02 sensors and I'm still having the same problem. I didn't know if any other people would have had the same problem so I thought I would ask.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-23-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Borrow the computer and do it yourself. It's not rocket science, just plug it it, let the motor run, and wait for the codes to show.
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-23-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sam,
Never thought about asking to borrow the computer and do it myself. I guess it would be worth a shot considering I'm sure it would get figured out a lot quicker. Thanks for the input maybe I will ask and see.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I've borrowed my dealers computer to fix a problem on my 04 SSV. Saved me a ton of time doing it that way. I picked it up one day after work and brought it back to them the next morning.