Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-11-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
When you are looking up the price of Mastercraft X-series and Nautique Team Edition boats, do the base values include standard options (ballast, tower, perfect pass, etc.)? The reason I am asking is that I am looking at 2001-2003 boats, and the price people are asking seeems to be a lot higher than the nada prices.
Old    shooter_08            06-11-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
NADA is normally lower than most listed prices. I think this is because most sellers set a higher price with some negotiation in mind. NADA prices have also dropped consistently (including a recent drop) and it takes time for the market to catch up. The rest of the sellers are just in denial that their boat just lost so much equity in the past year or two and think they can get top dollar because their boat is "like new".

I don’t know about Mastercraft, but a Nautique Team Edition comes fully loaded new (ballast, tower, etc.) and should be included in the NADA price. If it’s a Standard or Limited Edition, not every thing will be included in the price. NADA is based on what is standard on that model when it was sold new. Also remember to add about 5k for a tandem trailer.
Old    shooter_08            06-11-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention that NADA is important because most boat loans are based on this value. Banks will normally only consider NADA price and will not add value for aftermarket towers, ballast, stereos, etc. If the sales price is much higher than the NADA value, the buyer will need to make up the difference with added money down.

If someone tells you NADA is not a reasonable price, they are full of it. I have seen some nice boats below NADA high.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
If you are doing it for financing reasons add everything you can. The bank will probably have no clue so over value the boat as much as possible.

If you are using it just to see how much a boat is actually worth forget it. NADA is so off when it comes to real world prices. They way over value some and way under value others.
Old     (gooseman)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-16-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
NADA pricing is a compilation of data gathered from auctions around the country. It is based strictly on what that boat sold for at auction. They then average the auction sale prices and come up with the pricing. These auctions include both dealer and public auctions. Some boats may be valued higher, but the sample size may be small and if the boat models in question sold for top dollar then that will drive the average price up. It is a starting point and it is what the banks use for loan purposes. A better estimate of pricing is to see what prices are being asked for boats in the trader magazine and other online sources. You can then back off that asking price a certain percentage and calculate your own average price for the model in question. At the end of the day you need to be happy with what you spend on the boat, its your money!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            06-16-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Keep in mind often times NADA does not count a trailer in the price...
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, and if it does include trailer price its a single axle. SAN's usually include the tower so you can't necessarily add it in the check boxes. I feel your pain. Yes, most boats are priced way above the low retail NADA value. This usually requires the buyer to put a pretty substantial amount down. Brett is right, add everything you can and have the seller sign off on it.