Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-24-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have been riding a hyperlite honeycomb for about the last 12-13 years. Even though I suck... at best an intermediate since I love my boat and have a ton of money "invested" in it I figured it was time I buy myself a new board and bindings. I am about 5'10" 175 lbs and have no idea what I want. I ride almost exclusivly in salt water if that matters for the bindings. Any help as to what is great right now would be very helpful as I said I have no idea where to start.

I just hope i didnt just start one of those which is better malibu/nautique/mastercraft threads
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
I would suggest a board with a continuous rocker in the 138 to 142 cm range.If you look under wakeboards on this site there will be plenty to choose from.Also i would demo a board or try a friends board first to see if you like it.
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-24-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
yea 138-142 should be ur range of size for your board, get a continuous rocker if u just like playing around on the board, carving everywhere, and not getting too high from ur jumps, get 3 stage rocker if u can give up the fun carving for air height (which is what i like), there is also hybrids which is a little bit of both. if you don't want to be disappointed then stick to Liquid Force, Hyperlite, Ronix, etc (the main big companies). i'm getting a 2011 slingshot hooke because after i demo'd it i thought it was amazing. DEFINATELY try to demo the board before you buy it, good luck
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
For salt water riding I would recommend something wit ha little extra traction. So molded fins and perhaps removable fins as well. Salt is slippery and you might want to be a little more locked in. Boards have come a long ways, you will love the way new boards ride, they are far superior!
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-24-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
Go demo a liquid force Trip 142. Great all around board. Use the center fin for extra bite in Salt water. You can get them all day long for $300 complete. You can always upgrade the kit bindings later.

Have fun!
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-25-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys thanks for all the help I will definitely look for something with a removable fin. As far as bindings go any suggestions? My current ones are killing my feet and really cutting down the amount of continuous riding I can do. What kinda sucks is out where I ride there really arent any good board shops and very few other riders so the likelihood is I have to buy without trying it out first.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
I've got a brand new, still in the wrapper, 2010 Obrien Decade 144, that I'll sell ya for $250 if you're interested. It has molded in fins, plus removable ones. Shoot me an email at jlfogelson@hotmail.com if you are interested.