Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dcoil)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-18-2010, 9:01 PM Reply   
Hi, got a new Enzo 240 with stock port/stb tanks in the locker, port/stb tanks just in front of the locker, 1 mid ship and 1 bow bag. Anybody know the best way to dial in a surf wake on this bad boy? Also have a fat sack to throw anywhere needed. Engine is a PCM 409HP and no switch blade, only the trim tab. Thx!

Last edited by dcoil; 04-18-2010 at 9:02 PM. Reason: missed info
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-19-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
You may want to check out www.centurioncrew.com they have tons of threads on this topic. I have the same boat, first suggestion would be to get the switchblade as it not only provides downforce, but shapes the wave (you will also find others who completely disagree with me) The next thing to consider is how many people you have on the boat. For us it is usually my wife, I and 4 little kids, so we don't have a ton of people ballast. Start by filling all your ballast tanks, with the exception of maybe the front tank. Then take your People ballast and have them all sit on the side you are surfing, you need to get the boat to list to that side. If you are not having great success this way and don't have a ton of people, you will need to pull the hard tanks and put in some larger bags. The Enzo sac is great and will take the place of both of your hard tanks. I would think if you have 8 good sized people you will be okay, but to make it GREAT you will need to either get the switchblade, or put in more weight.
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       04-19-2010, 7:57 AM Reply   
Enzo sac(s) are your best friend in that boat.
Old     (dcoil)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-19-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip there was great support over there. Don't think adding the switchblade post sale is very easy, so I will go for more ballast. Thx dc
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-20-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
Adding the SB is not that hard to install. My guess is that you could buy one for around $1,500 (Great Skipper or a guy in Oklahoma is selling his on CCC) plus install. The fact is that people either love or hate them. You dont see any Centurions in TX with them - a lot of complaints about boat drag, kids hitting their legs on them etc). However, you see a lot of people in Utah/Ohio with them and they like them.

You can get a very nice wave without a SB and you can get a very nice wave with one. It really is just personal preference.