Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-08-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
happy new year all!

i need a new steering cable for my 2002 sanger v230 .... where can i get this and does anybody here install these and how much do you charge? i am in oakley calif .... took my boat to get year maintenance and the guy wanted $600 to change it .... seems very high to me .... all help is greatly appreciated as always .... i can install it myself if i really have to
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-08-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
Frank,

I just bought mine at skidim.com, http://www.skidim.com/departments.asp?dept=1035

You need to read the part number off the existing cable & go with that same part. It's going to be $200+/- for the cable. My dealer quoted $200 to install. I'm going to do it myself but it will take a few hours. There are several cable replacement threads on here if you search. Here's my recent: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/748944.html?1259190004

I'll be doing mine this weekend.
Old     (topside_marine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
The cable for the boat is probably going to be around 175 to 200 dollar range. It should be available from any repair facility that works on boats. Installation can be as little as a couple of hours or in some cases several hours if modification of the hull is necessary. Generally speaking the V230 is not to bad to change out assuming no complications. Be thankful you dont have a boat the requires removal of the fuel tank or hull modifications. They can get pretty pricey. Give me a call and I will provide as much information as I can to help you make the right decision. 408 271 2628
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-09-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
bought the cable at dealer for $179 .... installed it ourselves less then 2 hours .... pretty easy, 1 bolt that was a 1 hander and cutting the harness was hardest part ... thanks all!! ( we have the old one with an oil drip and still cant get it loose yet )
Old     (ncollins)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Here is a great link for a ton of steering cables and components at low prices.

http://www.georgiawatersports.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=m&idCategory=1294

Once you find the part number stamped on your old cable, you can type it into their search tool.