Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-28-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
winter is dragging on to damn long right now. It sucks when all you have is a few months in the summer to board...and on weekends at most.

Who else is about ready to go postal
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-28-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
a few months, where do u live. here in cali we ride in board shorts from about april till the end of october(this year till the end of november)
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-28-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
sounds like somebody needs one of the 2:

-a girl (best option)
-or lotion, napkins, and a dirty movie....

that should help you explode
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-28-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
up north in Ontario. The lakes are frozen over at the cottage so no boarding period unless its snow.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-28-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I just always get this desire in the middle of whatever I'm doing to throw a 180 to blind.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-28-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
I went snowboarding and it held me over for about a week.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-28-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
I'm going just a little bit crazy. I did a little bit of snowskate riding, and a little bit of snowboarding when it snowed here at VT, and built a jump, landed my first 180s on a snowboard and stuff... And it just made me want to go wakeboarding more...
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-28-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
Dude I'm seriously about to lose it I thought I had enough winter projects to hold me over but I am so close to freaking out I NEED TO RIDE so F-ing bad its rediculous
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-28-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
Tell me about it; it's been a couple of weeks now. Can't wait for the rain to stop so we can go ride. We've been hitting the slopes instead. It sucks living here in SoCal.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-28-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
I don't care how cold the water is I'm gonna start ridin' either late March or early April
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-28-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
Same. I'm tempted to pay 150 dollars for the wakeboard club here at my school... But I know I'll be too chicken to try anything in the cold water... Aint the funnest temperatures to fall, especially since the lake that they often ride at is colder than my home lake, so it'll be colder than I'm used to...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-28-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
Yo fellas need to find some other sports that you can be passionate about like wakeboarding. They're out there. Or move to Florida!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
It's been 3 weeks, and I'm dying. I could go Saturday, it's supposed to be in the 60's, but I have to choose between Mardi Gras in Galveston or Riding.

I think I'm riding...

addiction.

Updog and Transgression stay in my dvd player on loop constantly.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
I've got innuendo, transgression, push process, and the truth running constantly...

And I love football, but not much can be done about that here right now either though. Just that perfectly small amount of snow that messes with the ground... And my tennis shoes have no grip whatsoever on the ground... AND even as it stands, I can't cut on my right leg because of the damn knee.... Snowboarding is essentially out too because of the knee... I'm going CRAZY!
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-30-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
pfft! you guys think you have it bad?
I live in Indiana and it's in the 20's.
We're supposed to get 4-8in. of snow tomorrow night.

I would give anything for 50 degree weather right now.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-30-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
It's been freezing here in Oregon to. I didn't have my boat all last summer and now that I have it again I am really really counting the days. Here is how my mind works...It is pretty much February right? Well in 28 days it will be March which is when Spring starts. When March is over April will fly by and then wallah..it's pretty much summer. So in my little mind I'm already buying board shorts and ready for the nice weather. Unless of course I look out my window and see this.....Upload
Upload
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-30-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
Jrod, last I checked this was WAKEworld. That being said, almost 200 inches of snow has fallen in January in Tahoe...a steady diet of pow pow keeps the mind and body happy, and mostly off wakeboarding (except during slow periods at work).
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Word.

I can't rush the next few weeks though as they are my guy's most productive time of year: six weeks between the Super Bowl and summerizing the boat = lots of "honey do's" finished.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-30-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
3 months till the boat hits the water...

Go outside right now... bbuuuurrrrr it's freezing and the lake has like 15" of ice on it!
Old    59yroldkid            01-30-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
I just signed up with a wakeboard school in the CA delta for a couple of pulls on Superbowl Sunday morning. Might be riding in the rain.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-30-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
Well up here in Alberta were getting an average of -30 celcius....any takers?
Old     (crack)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
I was cool until the boat show. Now I'm dyin for a pull.
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-31-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
yea im dyin here in florida. i havent rode in three days and i didnt even have to wear a wesuit!! the waters like 65 degrees!!!!!!!

Seriously tho, come down to florida for the weekend and ride at a camp, and atleast some of you get to snowboard. i love snowboarding but i only get to go 3 times a year at the most.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-31-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Does anyone ever notice that anybody that lives in california will tell you that 7 times in there first sentence. I hate california name dropping. yo i live in SOCAL yo im up in NOCAL im on the westcoast im in the OC im out in cali I get it it is nice there thank you.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-31-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
I feel ya mang! This time of year starts to wear on me but at least we're getting tons of rain.
Snowboarding may be fun but am I the only one to argue it in no way compares to a day on the lake?
Drive -
Traffic -
Long lines -
Expensive Ticket -
Long lines at the lifts -
Expensive food -
Drive home -
Wet clothes -
Traffic -

Unless it's a weekday, you're whole day's shot for minimal riding. IMO, not a great investment for those of us with little time off.

I went once this year and decided I'd rather save for the warm weather. Then again, that's why I moved to NORCAL. Had to say it Donald!
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-31-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Donald, I hear ya
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-31-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
Windchill in MN yesterday was around -40 to -50*F, it was awesome...