Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-06-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
I have heard that the D3 is very similar to the D2 as far as flex. My question to you all who ride the Driver is can you really poke out grabs, or are they just to stiff? All the videos I see, the only guys poking things out big are the ones wearing PB Floyds. For example at 30 seconds in this video, house pokes out a sick tail grab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYaWdoGhRHk

I love poking things out and I want a binding that can do that, but still offers a lot of support and higher profile like the Driver. I blew out my ankle in a pair of shanes pretty bad and just want a more supportive boot. I don't have the ability to demo, so hopefully some people can help me out! Or if anyone knows anything on the new Company boot compared to the D3 as far as stifness what not
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2009, 1:50 AM Reply   
Anyone know what that song / mix is. Great mellow vibe. I must know.....tell me.
Old     (coyotesexual)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-07-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
the stiffness of the boot doesn't affect you ability to poke grabs.
Old     (snapwake71)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-07-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
its all in the knees. the boots just help a little if there soft.
Old     (lffreak139)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-07-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Brant, If you look at the vids comments they say it somewhere I think...and yeah that's a pretty sick video
Old     (bullcrow)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
I ride the D2's and yes you can poke, their stiff with support but have never limited me
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-07-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
I've never had an issue....they don't feel much stiff on pokes than my Shane's did.... but when I land they are WAY WAY more supportive.

I'll never ride soft boots again, just not worth it