Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
I have just registered with this group and would like to say hello to other foilers.
skiya Garry
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2003, 9:38 PM Reply   
Welcome!!!!

And just ignore, Hahn... we do!
Old                05-07-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
Gary, are you any where near Towoomba?

There's a couple more foilers around there.
Old                05-07-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
G'day mate! Since your down under, do you flip the other way?
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
Hey guys
I am about 2000 km from Toowoomba,but i did catch up with a couple of guys from the Goald coast and a couple from toowoomba just after christmas .Had a great time foiling out at Perserverence Dam.Wish i could flip the other way!Its the toilets that go the different way,i think!!
Old                05-07-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
hehehe, I guess that's about 1200 miles - quite a long drive!

I used to email with a fella named John down around Towoomba. Seemed like a nice fella and really had a great attitude towards foiling.

Jonathan, I never figured out how they measured vertical since they're all upside down! ;)
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2003, 4:15 PM Reply   
John Burton is his name and he was one of the guys we caught up with at christmas.Your right he is a good bloke.I tried to teach him how to ride my airboard with no success.We maybe upside down but at least were in front!!!!!! Like 18 hrs
Old                05-07-2003, 4:46 PM Reply   
Yep, yep, yep! That's the fella!

LOL, I lost a day somewhere coming back from OZ. Can't remember if it was the date line, - or the beer!
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
Cant loose the beer!!!Where did you go when you came to the land of OZZ? Whats even more important where did you foil?
Old                05-08-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
No foiling, nor fooling - it was a work trip to Sydney. It looks like the south and west would've been more interesting of a trip.
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2003, 12:14 AM Reply   
Sydney is sort of OK but the rest of the country is a heap better.Queensland is probably the best part of the country.Adelaide and its surrounding country side is also very good.Lots of places to go foiling as well.You can ski all year long and if you pick the spot 9 times out of 10 you can be the only boat on the water. Lifes tough!!!
Old                05-09-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
Let me formally declare - I HATE YOU!

Have fun down there.
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       05-09-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
Do you guys get to ski all year round or do you have to dodge ICEBERGS!!!!!The coldest our water gets to is 16 degrees celcius and in summer up to 26 d/c.We are heading of for a ski in afew hours.
skiya Garry