Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-22-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
I got a question and if someone could answer it quickly while im importing 30 minutes of footage. My other program auto sperates clips with importing. Does premiere??
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2007, 12:22 AM Reply   
yes... your audio and video are on separate tracks on the PPRO timeline. By default they are linked together. If you want to unlink. Right + Click either track and select "unlink"
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-27-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Are you referring to separating each individual clip over that 30 minute span (like 6 clips over 30 mins) without manually starting and stopping the import?
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-27-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
I think he's talking about start/stop detection which is a feature that most of the high end NLE's should have when importing DV footage. Basically it starts a new clip based on every location you paused while originally recording.

I know Final Cut has it because I usually use it when importing.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-28-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
Yes Premiere Pro v2 does this.. There is a check box on the capture screen. This looks at the timecode to break up the footage, so your footage needs to have breaks in the timecode..

If you need something with optical scene detection (though it doesn't work that well) you can use Scenalyzer (a stand alone program for $30)
Old     (wakeshredder16)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
ah i see yea what i was refering to is what rich was talking about.
Joe told me about Scenalyzer.
How would i set the tinmecodes in the footage?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-29-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
Scene detection in Premiere Pro works by reading the Time/Date stamp information encoded onto the video tape. If no Time/Date stamp information exists on the tape, or if the Time/Date stamp information contains data errors, scene detection will fail and prohibit video capture.

To ENABLE scene detection:

1. Open the Premiere Pro Capture Window by selecting File > Capture.

2. SELECT Scene Detect.

To DISABLE scene detection:

1. Open the Premiere Pro Capture Window by selecting File > Capture.

2. DESELECT Scene Detect.