Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-03-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
I am currently using 2010 Murray boot but the insides are starting to tear apart. I have been prone to ankle problems in the past when using Ronix Ones and have not had any injuries using the systems and murray bindings. Which new boot would give the greatest ankle support but also allow for a good flex?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-03-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Blizted -

I would recommend the systems for sure. I used to have very similar ankle issues with boots that were not supportive enough. one of the best parts about the systems is that you have tons of support from the binding and you can have more flexibility in the boot itself.

With that being said, I prefer a taller cut boot so I went with the Process boots. If you already have the systems with Murray boots (2011, black with yellow/blue accents) and not the 2010 Team boots (non-systems) then the Process boots should be right up your alley.

I have a nice range of motion in them and can flex/poke grabs with ease. The AJ boots have similar support but they aren't cut as high so you can tweak or flex even easier. Basically here is a general breakdown of the new system boots:
Marek - Tall cuff, stiff flex
Process - Tall cuff, med flex
AJ - low cuff, med flex
Webb - low cuff, soft flex

Hope this helps.
Old     (baska)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-03-2013, 4:04 PM Reply   
I didn't get the chance of trying out Systems on the water yet, but even though, they feel amazing. Locked down and secure, and feels like the time of response of the board is gonna be super fast. The other thing that I really like about Systems, is what Tom already said, great support from the binding without sacrificing flexibility of the boot. You can lock the chassis down, lace only lower half of the boot and it still gives you enough support. So my bad ankles would go with AJ's + Systems.

I'm right in between chosing AJ+Systems or Ones. I've been riding Ronix Faith Hope Love for last 3 years, but when I tried systems I def know I won't be getting FHL this year. My ankles suffered too much because of it. However, when I tried Ones they were holding the heel pretty tight (thanks to Ronix Footbelts sys, unfortunately featured in Ronix Top Boots only:<), which I liked, but heard a lot of opinions, that after a season of riding, Ones tend to get more flexible and loose. What's your take on Ones, Blitzed?

I'd prefere to stay with one brand's (Ronix) set, but so far Systems are winning when it comes to ankle support.

Last edited by baska; 05-03-2013 at 4:10 PM.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-05-2013, 9:01 PM Reply   
Right on I will be using them with a 2010 Harley. I only got a season out of the murrays so hopefully the new hyperlite will last a little longer.

Anyone have input on the 2013 Byerly system boots?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2013, 10:51 PM Reply   
IMO, the Byerly System boot was very similar to the AJ. It has a lower cut but is pretty stiff. Has all the same comfort and performance of the Hyperlite gear.

After riding the JD last year, I am so happy with the new Process. I like the higher wrap and the fact that it is still plenty flexible. I took off the power strap doodad and like the extra flex. Has anyone gone to a dual lace on any of the new boots? I like the idea of being able to independently tighten the top/bottom.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-06-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
The byerly boot definetley looks similar in size to the AJ. Are you saying that the Byerly boot is lower cut than the AJ?

After comparing some side shots with the boots strapped into the systems, the Byerly boots are considerably lower cut than the 2011 Murray boots I have been using. Really like the the process boots now that you mentioned them.

Last edited by BlitzedVLX; 05-06-2013 at 7:17 AM.