Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adam1680)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-13-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
Hey all! I'm currently riding a 2008 Watson 142 with 2008 Watson closed toe bindings and the boots are starting to come apart finally.. I see everyone raving about the Severence and was thinking about picking up a 2010 model (I've never rode flex before). I have a brand new pair of 2009 Ronix Cells with the hardware and adapters, I was just wondering if these would go well with the Severence or if I should look at some Company bindings instead? I thought I read somewhere that the 2009 Ronix bindings were frequently coming loose on mix matched boards..

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated! Also if anyone knows a good place to purchase Company gear, I'd appreciate the info..

Thanks again for your guys' and gals' expertise!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
I have the 09 Cells on a CWB Vibe. I check to make sure they are tightened down every few sets (easy to do with the Ronix hardware), but I haven't noticed a big issue with them coming loose.
Old    mojo            09-13-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
they should fit w/o adapters b/c both use 6" spacing. always check your boots before you ride regardless. buywake.com is a great place.
Old     (chukee_r)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-13-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
I tried to match up some '10 Ronix Reliks onto a '10 Recruit. The bolts that came with the Reliks were just a tad long so the boots were loose.

Needless to say Company also mentions that if you use boots other than Company boots you'll void the warranty. The whole reason I ended up with this board is because I snapped my Ibex and the shop gave me in store credit, so I really didn't want to void the warranty on a $450 board.

I got some '09 Company Pro boots from houseboardshop.com for $180.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1680 View Post
I see everyone raving about the Severence and was thinking about picking up a 2010 model
if you value your heels as much as i do, i wouldn't get 'em. (of course, i'm basing this on pics i've seen of the bindings, as the last ss bindings i've tried were older than the 2010.)
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have Cells on Severance board and it's an awesome combo. Do it!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-13-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
please disregard my post. i was way off! haha!
Old     (hoss33)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Hey man I ride a 2010 severance with 2010 reliks and have had no problems with the bindings coming loose. Love the board and bindings, but have been very disappointed in Companies quality. I love the ride of their boards, but broke my 09 recruit after just a month of riding (broken core and insert ripped out). They did warranty it and sent me the 2010 severance, but on my second day out with it a chuck of the base about the size of my fist just strait fell off, didnt even have it long enough to hit any rails with it!
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-15-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
I rock the 09 severance and 09 cells and it is super light and they fit no problem. Grip and rip it brother