Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-21-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
There was so many good tricks thrown around last night in that video this being one of the most impressive cable or wake it doesn't madder!!!!!

http://cablewakeboard.com/video/details/tom-fooshee-lands-a-pete7-at-tsr/
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
yea that was insane
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
dayuum
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-21-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Wow, that is awesome! It was hard to tell at first even what it was!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-21-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
That's just ridiculous. Tom's the man...real friendly guy too.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Sickness, congrats Tom!!
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-21-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Every time i get behind Tom on the cable I dont ride at all I just watch with my mouth wide open in amazement
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-21-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Congrats Again Tom.. you stomped it!
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-21-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thats awsome!
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-21-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
mobe 9 coming soon! crazy!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
that was sick ad eff. now he needs to take it off the dub and win best trick next year.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-21-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
Meh. Who gives a ****. It was done on a cable, off of a huge kicker. Doesn't count. How many times do we need to have this conversation.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
Props to Tom! that would have gotten my vote for best trick
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-21-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Okay Truth guy, first off all i would like you to even atemmpt that crazy tick. You would'nt even get close. Seconed off the kicker is only like 3 feet high, it just has a lot of tranny. Third never judge a wakeboarder if they can rip like Tom. And don't even say that stuff about him. Ive meet him three times and he is just an amazing rider and also my favorite. Defantly wouldve gotten my vote for best trick also.

Okay and dude i would like you to ride behind the cable and then judge him. And Oh yeah your name "The Truth" dosent fit your category. I would go with "The poser who dosent know what they are talking about"
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-21-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
We've got to face it cable wakeboarding at the moment isn't respected at all and I don't need to sit here and tell you this obviously you can see it first hand I mean a binding being more innovative than a cable system???( Ronix 1 binding took that award over the Sesitec 2.0 last night) but cable's time will come....
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-21-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Wow the sesitec didnt win? Really?

And I think you guys need to calibrate your sarcasm detectors...(I hope)
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
Okay, Im about to **** up your heads with some truth. ie: no sarcasm involved.

1. Sesitec not winning Innovation of the Year is a travesty and should get people thinking about how legit awards like this even are.

2. A trick done on the cable is not as legit as a trick done behind the boat.

3. A trick done off a kicker is not as legit as a trick done off a wake.

4. A trick done on the cable off a kicker is nowhere near as legit as a trick done off a wake behind a boat.

5. Having said all that, I'm still trying to figure out how dude could even make himself do that pete 7.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-21-2009, 10:40 PM Reply   
Well I will agree with you atleast on one thing this was my first wake awards experience and it just seemed if you were not top 10 or your video didn't have a strong backing you didn't have a shot at winning. I'm not saying fooshee should have won trick of the year but that he shouldn't be ostracized because what he did was on a kicker/cable. Either way at the end of the day it's all relative to how open minded you are if anyone thinks cable and boat cannot coexist in the same sport that's ridiculous, I don't ever ride boat but when progression is made I'm right there with the next guy to give props but when something like this goes down on cable you get the whole " Wh0 carez aboout cablE itZ so easy!1!1!!1" So again congrats tom!
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-22-2009, 1:15 AM Reply   
I dont want to take away from rathy, but to me I think pete 7 is more impressive, because how many can sit there and imagine going through a pete 7? Now how many can imagine a wrapped back 1080? To me a pete 7 blows my mind to imagine committing and throwing. Just my two cents
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-22-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
txwakerider - if you can picture yourself doing * either *, go for and post the gory injury pics.

I'll bet that .05% of the readers here can actually "picture" doing either and could take it to the water.

Anyway, to me this is highly unlegit and just like the cable 10 that was done - who cares. I don't care for the flame. Go ahead. Cable play is not to be confused with the sport that I participate in.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Don't hate.. appreciate!

I really dislike Cadalac Escalades, and my neighbor drives one, but I still wave and say hi when I see him. I don't go up and shout in his face that the Escalade sucks and I hate it, get a REAL truck.

My point being, when you hate something, you don't need to go shout it from the rooftops.

Tom is an amazing rider behind the cable AND the boat and that Pete 7, he's been working on it a while and definitely paid his dues on the road to sticking that trick.

-S
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-22-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
That is the most amazing thing I have ever watched!!!!!
A freakin pete 7! Def should have been move of the year and nice to see a Tx boy that not many people talk about killing it.
Tom my hats off to you
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-22-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
Truth, have you ever done a pete off a kicker? I have, and it is harder than a pete off the wake which is why you never see people doing them.
That was honestly one of the craziest tricks ive ever seen.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-22-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
Cable is the future of wakeboarding! The only reason you guys are bagging on the cable is because you are the ones who problay doesnt have a cable close to them! So shut up if you havnt ridden cable. Im sure you will owe Tom and us cable riders an apoligy after cables go up every where.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-22-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
I've been riding the cable for about 10 years. I will say that most tricks if not all are easier on the cable, even more so off a kicker on the cable (vs a boat's wake). But that doesn't make them easy. It's pretty ignorant to be ragging on a trick that you couldn't do in your wildest dreams.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-22-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
SICK!!!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
anything that i see zach kirby saying is irrelevent to me he has been flamed time and time again and now sounds like he is sucking on mr fooshees nuts in this post hey he landed a pete 7 yes its an insane trick but personally the cable does not help him at all for this category if it di the 1080 landed on the cable about 5 or 6 years ago would have won. O and zach personally i agree cable is a branch of the sport but it will never take over the origionating factor of WAKEboarding hence the WAKE meaning u need a boat to produce the wake, so cable will always be behind boat and yes i have ridden cable plenty of times and its nowhere near as fun as being on a boat riding the wake. Flame on
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
^^^ This.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Truth, please go learn a pete 7 behind a cable or boat... then come back and tell us how it worked out.
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-22-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
I rode cable for 4 years while going to school near tsr, and it is way easier than boat, dont get me wrong I love boat as much as the next guy and I always agree with the arguments about tricks not being as legit if it is off the kicker or an Air trick. That being said, All im saying is to even attempt a pete 7 is way more mind boggling than a wrapped bs 10 kicker or not.
Old     (nautigarrett)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-22-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
Congrats Tom! The sport of 'WAKEboarding' is evolving and you are behind it all!! Keep it up!
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2009, 1:09 AM Reply   
There is a story coming from the snowboarding industry: After the snowboard was invented, some companies started selling it as a real alternative to the skis, not as a toy (as everybody though it is to that point). It was clear its huge potential, most of the young people just didn't wanted to ride skis anymore. The biggest ski companies started to spoil the image of snowboarding, they said it is retarded, its for gutter-children, for reefers, and generally, its a huge mistake if you let your child ride snowboard. They even agreed with some snow resorts to ban snowboarding completely. That not only united all the snowboarders, but it even amplified its alternative image that is so attractive to the young people. Its is thought as a biggest business mistake those ski companies could ever done, they not only failed miserably to ban the sport, but they lost this huge market completely, as none of the snowboarders would ever buy a snowboard made by a ski company.

Don't make the same mistake! I don't have data for the whole world, but in EU 95% of all sold wakeboards are ridden on a cable parks. If I was a wakeboard company I would make at least 1/2 of the range a park specific boards. If I was a boat company I would start making cable systems, or winches, or just invest all the money in superparks...
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-23-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
^^^^^^Defantly this!^^^^^^
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-23-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
Sick. Congrats to Tom....The Pete 7 was sick, but he was also MURDERING those rails. Dayam!

Yeah, getting the necessary air to complete a trick is easier on a kicker. But, the cable/ kicker makes tricks possible that sometimes cannot be done behind the boat, and that's pretty cool.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-23-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
Ridings riding no matter what! your standing sidways over water trying to do sweet stunts! so some tricks are easier on cable who cares? try harder tricks! theres some that are harder as well which only very experianced cable riders could do. riders who have got a much better idea of edge controll than you will ever have. so next time your at the cable park dont be like oohhhhh this whirly is soooo much easier on cable its not legit get on it and stick a whirly 5! the man stuck a pete 7!!!!!ridiculous im sure 1 day sum1 will stick a pete 7 on the boat and it will be legit but it aint today. today we have tom fooshee showing us how crazy he can spin while upside down and having no one in the WORLD who can do the same. its not even about that its the fact that tom fooshee's of the kicker pete7 is arguably on of the hardest tricks thrown ever! im sure it would be harder on a boat but no1 has done it on a boat. for me park's double mobe is the most dificult manouver ever performed on a wakeboard. i love the cable i love hanging with my friends and riding i love my boat riding friends and they love me to. thats all that matters. i hate myself for even getting annoyed about what narrow minded up themselves people like the truth who dont even matter to me or the grand scheme of things say. id happily call myself a water boarder if it meant i wasnt associated with people like him. hey you boat riders can keep him draging down your sport we dont want him near any cable's anyway haha! i really liked reading your post goergi petrov.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-23-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
exactly some damn wanker always has to come on and bitch and moan, ooohh its done off a kicker its not legit, boo f*king who. Sick of u loosers, nobody asked your for your limited opinion, for craps sake its a massive clean mind blowing Pete 7.

Anyways congrats to Tom, from that video he has really stepped it up, I cant wait to see some showdowns between him and Davies in some of the upcoming cable comps

Oh and the snowboarding comparison I think is right on the money
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-24-2009, 2:52 AM Reply   
Hate all you fellas want but it does not impress me in the least, and your slams do nothing to change that. This is a caliber of trick that would be incredulous behind the boat. On a cable it is about 10% as impressive to me. Cableboarding is a different sport. It's not for everyone and its not for me UNTIL some of you guys start realizing the sport is so different, in fact, that we shouldn't be comparing these things like its an apples to apples thing.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
The Truth, "It's so different" hmmmm...really? I rode cable for 3 years before ever riding behind a boat. My first day behind a boat I landed a raley, switch krypt, backroll, r2r, front to fakie, scarecrow, and came close on a couple switch roll to blinds. That was my first time behind a boat...EVER! Now, tell me, is it really that different? How many people do you know could do those tricks first time behind a boat. It definitely had nothing to do with my cable experience because as you said "the sport is so different"

As for Tom, he kills it behind the boat as well. I'm sure with a little time he could pull a pete 7 off a double up.
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-24-2009, 5:38 AM Reply   
Boomshot...you must have had a tough first experience at a cable park? First of all..i could care less if i change your mind about this subject...i just want people like you to quit posting. This post was showing Tom's rediculous mobe 7 that is incredibly sick! you probably can't even do a toeside backroll. whatever..thats not the point...the point is that cable riding, winch-riding, system 2.0, tom fooshees mobe 7, etc. is all part of the sport of wakeboarding! If you were so displeased with this video and cableparks then you should have just left the post and started your own asking advice on how to ride a rail at a cable park since its obvious you're a hater because you suck!
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-24-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Nick Davies must be a fast learner because the few times he actually gets behind a boat he can s-bend to blind, vulcans,the sickest backroll grab to blinds I've ever seen, crow mobes, bs 5s,and a variety of 7s, ...

so I'm wondering how he got so good so fast if the cablepark had absoulutely nothing to do with it.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-24-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
boomshot you've got owned on this subject and now sound like a fool! hahaha.
Old     (mikemcmill)      Join Date: May 2002       08-24-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
Damn so much HATE! Wakeboarding will never grow to new levels (economically and technically) when everyone bags on progression!
Old     (blakehess1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-24-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
nice point and just for the record I have only seen one other person do a pete rose off that kicker in 7 years so it must not be that easy, let alone a pete 7!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-25-2009, 3:37 AM Reply   
Bags on progression?

This isn't progression on wakeboarding it's progression for cableplay.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-25-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
Congrats Tom on a sick achievement... Seen him ride cable and he's ridden behind my boat a few times. Either way he is a sick rider, true professional, and all around great guy. Keep it up!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2009, 7:50 AM Reply   
All of the best riders in our sport practice on the cable, and some of them compete in the cable events.
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-25-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Truth, If cable is so easy there would be more guys riding at the level tom does. But I can only think of one other person that rides at that level, Davies, and guess what he cant do a pete 7. Now do you think Davies isn't a legit rider because he rides cable? I hope not because he could out ride just about anyone on wakeworld, both on the boat and the cable. The same is true for Tom, he kills it on boat, he doesn't ride the boat nearly as much as your average pro, or some amateurs for that matter, but because of all his cable experience he is able to progress at an incredible rate on the boat. Why would liquid force give him a pro-model board if cable isn't "legit." I think you are really showing your ignorance by being closed minded about cable tricks, just my two cents
Old    justinh            08-25-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Tom is probably my favorite all-round rider (boat, cable, rails). He is a true waterman that can push the limits, at the highest level, in all three disciplines.

I have seen him come close on Sbends-to-313s behind a boat.
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-25-2009, 8:33 AM Reply   
S-mobe is the name of that trick Justin. He probably doesn't want people to know this either but he is quite the skier as well! ive seen him do s-bends on a trick ski before
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
This is progression for wakeboarding. You should be dismissed from speaking until you can pete 7 off the kicker or wake.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-25-2009, 4:17 PM Reply   
or until you make the cover of WBM
Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-25-2009, 4:19 PM Reply   
I'm with truth. Cables are for pansies who can't afford boats and hate being legit. How dare they either not have enough money for a boat or enjoy a different style!
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-25-2009, 10:54 PM Reply   
ha ha ha, truth u must be a hell of rider to be the absolute authority on what is legit and not in wakeboarding. Why dont u post up a vid of your crazy, core legit riding?
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       08-25-2009, 11:20 PM Reply   
People who use the word legit aren't legit.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-26-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   

quote:

Cableboarding is a different sport. It's not for everyone and its not for me UNTIL some of you guys start realizing the sport is so different, in fact, that we shouldn't be comparing these things like its an apples to apples thing.

Nobody compared it until you did in your first post. This thread was all about recognizing an incredible feat that happened to be done off a kicker on a cable. Nobody said using a kicker was harder or equivalent to riding using a wake. Nobody said that using a cable was harder or equivalent to using a boat. You started that comparison and you brought the hate, so don't get your panties in a bunch when people try to explain to you that that comparison is not what this thread is about.

Tom Fooshee did something that is amazing and that has never been done before. It's blown some minds and, although you would never admit it, nobody here believes that you aren't impressed with the level of skill that it takes to accomplish that Pete 7. Sure many would be even more impressed if it was done behind a boat, but that doesn't mean it's not an amazing move.

Normally, I wouldn't try to argue with somebody who is obviously being disingenuous and trying to stir the pot, but I did this in hopes that others will stop trying to argue with somebody who isn't arguing honestly and that will help get this thread back on track...

...that track being, WOW!!!! Unbelievable job Tom Fooshee!!!
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
It couldn't have been done by a nicer guy. I've met Tom a few times and I can honestly say he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He was always there(at the cable) helping me and everybody else out any way we could. That move was so crazy I had to watch it over and over. Tom is definitely my favorite cable rider. Davis's is BA too but I just like Tom better.

As a cable rider I'm not offended by the Truth's comments. ITS HIS OPINION GUYS. That's okay. Do you really think that Tom or anybody who is a peer to Tom is going to read into that post and agree with him. No. DO you think Parks, Harf, Webb, Soven are going to say that that trick wasn't legit. I doubt it because those guys are always looking to push the sport and the Pete 7 had to start somewhere. Just because Truth doesn't like cable doesn't mean the rest of us feel the same way. It doesn't take away all the fun and the cool park like atmosphere that I get from going there. I'm not mad at ya Truth. If he doesn't like cable than he doesn't have to ride it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-26-2009, 11:47 AM Reply   
I was at McCormick's cable park the other day and I thought I was seriously wakeboarding, especially when I got that super-stoked feeling after a nice grab off an obstacle. To find out that it was only pretend wakeboarding is very disappointing. FML!
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-26-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
dave,
what we were doing the other day was actually just an illusion. we werent even pretend wakeboarding. dude eveyone knows that there is no such thing as wakeboarding with out a boat. you need to see a doctor buddy.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-26-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
This thread inspired me to change my personal quote.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-26-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Hologramboarding??
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-26-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
man, I am really disappointed to know that all of my excitement is really just an illusion whenever I ride cable.

regardless, that's super bad tom, congrats.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-26-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Tom rips behind the boat too, So is he like half legit? Or 2 Legit...

2 legit to quit?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-26-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
2 legit to get down.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-27-2009, 1:25 AM Reply   
david that was perfect he he, Ill have to remember Im only pretend wakeboarding this weekend

Anyway, the way he's throwing it, a pete 9 looks doable, bring it on Tom!
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-27-2009, 1:43 AM Reply   
Im with you Will"people who use the word legit arent legit!!"Im sick of people trying to dictate what u can & cant do & then they use some stupid excuse like snow boarders dont do it so why should we,what a load of garbage!!Do what feels good on your board imo & have u ever noticed that guys like truth are the ones who cant ride cable & a lot of the times have tried it once or not at all?
Man id rather ride cable any day but i have mad respect for boat riders & there tricks & ive spent many hours behind a boat we even have a sweet xstar & a nice lake here at cwc but some people like cable some like boat & whether u like it or not cable is growing really quickly & you dont have to be rich to afford to go to a cable park if theres one near by.
We have had so many of the best boat riders riding here at cwc in the last couple of years & one thing ive noticed is none of them diss cable anymore,some used to before obstacles but now its actually the opposite so maybe guys like yourself "Truth"should learn from the guys who know how to ride boat & shut your pie hole & just realise that whether you ride cable or boat its all about having fun!!
Id also like to say that that is the sickest trick ive seen & i agree with everyone when they say that Tom is a real nice guy & an absolute legend!!
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-27-2009, 4:09 AM Reply   
Sounds like it's settled then? I win right? My intellect over your silly arguing over semantics?

You guys are welcome. I'll post up my address to send thank you cards later on. I am done with this thread for now - I need to go convince a bunch of people that inverts happen when a board goes over ones' head. My work is never done.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-27-2009, 4:44 AM Reply   
i hate that people like u even call themselves wakeboarders, its embarrassing
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-27-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
Truth I think you're lacking quite a bit of truth and intellect...but thanks for playing.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Reguardless cable or not, what he did has never been done and I can only imagine how hard it would be.

It was hard, and looking at it like this, on the wake has anyone done Pete5's, I know parks was trying but anyone else????? Its a big trick.
Old     (cakeeater)      Join Date: May 2009       08-27-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
Aaron Rathy
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-27-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Randall Harris too
Old     (txwakerider)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-27-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
Aaron Rathy does them switch and regular!, Kyle Alberts landed one recently as well, you can find the video on Alliance part of the New trick Tuesdays.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Chad sharpe does them too I believe
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ike used to do Pete 5's. Byerly used to do them off the double up way back in the day as well. And this is pretty random but I am pretty sure I saw Shaun Murray do a WRAPPED Pete 5 in an old video one time. That was weird because I never see Murray do Pete's anyway...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
i just watched all of those MOTY links that SOB put up and i'll be damned if Steele's w2w 10 wasnt the biggest i've ever seen anyone boot off the wake...that was EFFING HUGE...i had to look twice to make sure my eyes werent playing with me...HUGE
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-27-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
I thought the same thing JR...especially for being a w2w, non-DU hit.
Upload
Old     (sideswipeproductions)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-27-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Byerly has the best looking Pete 5 in the business, no doubt.

I sat down with Scott today and funnily enough, he was talking about the pete 7 and though it was cool, so uh... If that doesn't settle it, nothing will.
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-27-2009, 7:09 PM Reply   
WORD Josh. Byerly's Pete 5 (and regular Pete for that matter) is the first/best/sickest.

To rag on Fooshee's Pete 7 is pointless. Perhaps the move is "easier" on cable. Come to think of it, it's also easier 'cause it's done with bindings. I'm going to post about the Pete 7 on wakeskating.com so all the strapless wonders can wax philosophical about how the trick "just isn't legit when you're strapped in".

Props on the Pete 7 Tom. It's sick no matter what.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
"I'm going to post about the Pete 7 on wakeskating.com so all the strapless wonders can wax philosophical about how the trick 'just isn't legit when you're strapped in' "

That is why i don't have an account there