Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-05-2005, 8:08 AM Reply   
Has anyone ever ridden in one of these boats? There aren't a whole lot of them in my area (MN), so I'm not sure how they compare with Malibu, MC, Moomba, etc.

Any ideas??? I know they have a huge ballast system, like 2100 lbs. Cool paint job.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-05-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
never ridden behind one. But, I think they changed the hull several years in a row. So if you're looking used, be careful which year you get.
Old    walt            05-05-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
I like the wake and it's a solid boat (Well built) There are only a few things I don't like about it.
It's a little slow to plain out if you don't buy the two speed tranny.
The ballast tanks are a little slow to fill and drain and the newer style tower isn't as nice as the older tower. You can still buy a new Mb with the older tower though.
One other thing I noticed about the B-52 is that it comes loaded for the most part. They don't try to screw you on the trailer or board racks etc.
If your buying one used don't buy one older than 04 because that was the old hull and the wake has a double lip from the spray pockets.
Old     (shoe4hire)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-12-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
I bought on ethis year and I am really liking it. It is a very solid boat. The 22 has a great wake but the 23 has a gigantic wake. The tanks are slow to fill but not a big issue.
Old     (jeremyog)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-12-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
I have a 2004 B52. It has all the quality and features of all other top end boats plus some great advantages. Excellent room, tons of storage, huge factory ballast, and an insane wake. Plus the tribal and/or flame design is very distinctive. Most boats have a very similar look to them. Not the MB. Nacho is right, the hull was redisgned in 2004 when Cobe Mikacich joined MB. It made a huge difference. I've heard alot of complaints about MB's from 2003 and older. I have to disagree with Walt about the tower. The new tower has a great new look plus it is alot taller. This will eliminate the head bonks on the tower speakers. I could go on forever. I love this boat. You can't go wrong.
Old    walt            05-12-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
IMO the new tower looks ok and has great head room plus a really cool bimini top but your limited to the two board racks and the tower sways to much for my taste especially if your going to hang big heavy tower speakers from it..
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-12-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
We have an 05 V3. The boat is awesome. Great wake fit and finish is great. I would agree that the ballast tanks are little slow to empty But they are usually drained by the time I get my trailer in the water. I like the look of the new tower, huge bimini but you have to be open minded about where you can mout your after market racks. I got a surf rack with a 360 swivel on it. I have friends with Malibu's and M/C. One of my buddies with the M/C said the wake was "to big" with the 2100# of ballast filled. Also the two speed tranny is nice.
Board More/Work Less
J$