Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-15-2014, 3:36 PM Reply   
I have a 2013 F-150 Limited (Tuxedo Black). It needs more rubber, simple as that!

It also needs a lift/levl. My plan there is Auto spring 2.5" / 3" (not hear to discuss that)

So that brings me to my dilemma. Honestly, I don't know why this is so hard. I hate 1st world problems!

• Option 1: 285/55/22 (34") Nitto Terra Graplers on my polished OEM 22's
  • Option 2: 275/65/20 (34") Goodyear Duratracs on black/milled Fuel Maverick 20x9 +20 (sell OEM 22's)

Money is about the same when you factor in the value of the take offs (Option 2 may even be a little cheaper). So I'm not making the decision on money.

It's really just about two different looks. Option 1 is a slightly bolder factory look. Option 2 is more aggressive due to the Duratrac's meaner sidewall, black Fuel wheels, and +20 offset (tires will stick out another inch or so). I can't seem to decide. What look do you guys prefer?

The manager at my local Americas Tire was good enough to mount up one of the Nittos on my factor wheel so I could see how Option 1 looks. Normally I don't love the look of bigger tires on OEM wheels so I'd been leaning toward Option 2 until I saw this... I was surprsied how much I liked it (pics below... no lift/level has been installed yet).

I have less than 90 minutes to decide. At 5pm PST there are some rebates that expire on Option 2.

Help!!