Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-15-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
So I am thinking about the new system for the new boat. From the ground up I am going to do Fosgate amps, RF power series speakers 8 in the cabin. Wetsounds pro 60 up on the tower (4 total) and a 15 RF Power series under the helm. What do you guys think about the power series speakers. Any thing that you guys see as a problem with this first stab at a system

thanks
Preston
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-15-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
Why not go Wet Sounds in the cabin and W/S sub? They are just as good as the tower speakers

(Message edited by chpthril on January 15, 2008)
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-15-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
I have heard mixed reviews of the W/S stuff. I have not heard them for myself and don't know where in Houston Texas I can go listen to them to make a deciesion for myslef
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-15-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Hey preston those grills on RF speakers are going to rust in the cabin. That's about the only issue the Malibu's are having with them OEM equipped.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-15-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Preston,

Wet Sounds is there in TX and I think I read they will be at a boat show coming up. They will have the Wet Sound's RZ4 there.

I've heard them side by side with Kicker and Polk's and they are great. Really impressive.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
Preston,

have you looked into Lucky Devil speakers at all?? not trying to shy you away from the fosgates, I love RF's, but Lucky devil's got a full new line of speakers coming out that are supposed to bump as hard, and be as loud as wetsounds for a fraction of the cost!! Talked to Josh, the owner of LD the other day, and he showed me the concept design, and they look wicked!! If these speakers are what they are supposed to be, they will make it big in the market of crazily priced tower speakers, cabin speakers, and subs!!
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-16-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Fosgate makes good amps and subs for the money, however the rest of their speakers are very average. Mb Quart as well as several other brands are much "cleaner" speakers, however most higher end speakers don't like water. For reference I have the power speakers in my boat and Mb Quarts in the tower cans. The boat came that way. I plan to replace the tower cans with Wetsounds when I get around to overhauling the system (the Mb Quarts sound great, but don't carry as far out as the Wetsounds). I haven't decided what to do with the interior speakers (like I said the power speakers are ok and pretty waterproof). I want something better but haven't found something enough better to be worth the money and effort to replace them yet. I had a Fosgate sub but replaced it with a Kicker after the frame that held the spider wire broke into. It was a lower end stage 2 sub. Their upper end ones are fine and I would have replaced it with one of them, except the factory sub box was not deep enough, so I went with a Kicker that was a little better built than the RF stage2 subs and fit the box. I am going rebuild at least the sub portion of my system before this summer due the fact that the Kicker sub flexes the factory box too much. That sub is going into my truck soon and will be replaced with 1 or 2 larger Fosgates or Kickers in the boat...still deciding which model. Listen to several other midranges before you decide on the "one". If the Wetsounds mids are as good as their tower speakers, then that is what I am going with when I replace the rest of my system. I have touch of OCD, and I would make every speaker in my boat "match" if it sounded great, but I have yet to find one brand that has great everything, and therefore it will get what sounds the best for the money as I upgrade it. Feel free to spend your money however you see fit.
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2008, 12:40 AM Reply   
Rockford woofers are generally designed not to break. Ever since they became publicly traded, they have been more interested in the bottom line rather then botton end! I would stick with Boston, JL, MMATS etc. Companies that still build woofers around performance not just price points.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
I like Rockford. Stay in the Power or Fanatic lines to get the better offerings.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
Kevin what model MB quarts do you have in there? Have a buddy who is looking for some 6.5's and he is trynig to decide on the Polk DB 6501 or the MB Quarts. He can't afford the pro stuff and already has the cans that came with his boat, just gonna upgrade the guts.

(Message edited by xstarrider on January 19, 2008)