Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   
Well Miss Bailey Smith, you asked for it!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-18-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
when you are a tuber
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
If your boat is parked at Skier's Beach every weekend with brand new shiney HL boards in the racks, TVs playing on board, and stereo pumping, you might not be a wakeboarder.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-18-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
When you buy the hottest Sea Doo "Wakeboard Boat", complete with single fat sack, and tower for monster wakes and BIG air!!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-18-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
when you have a homemade ghetto wakeboat & wakeboard and us.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-18-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
use a homemade handle then you are not a real wakeboarder.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2005, 8:16 AM Reply   
If you can't figure out how to turn around and come back down your same line you might not be a wakeboarder.

Last night on the lake I came up to some guys and asked them if they wanted to take turns to help keep the water calm. There was another boat in the bay that way doing circles instead of turning and coming back down his same line. I told the guys that they should do that and the one guy replied "I can't do that with this boat". Like it was impossible to turn a v-drive around tightly. I said sure you can and tried to explain it, I don't think they understood. My opinion they can't call themselves wakeboarders. Add powerturns to the list too. I think they could call themselves Wallys though.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-18-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
when you regularly carry a tube or skis on your boat. Or when you thought that new bling bling wake boat would look great behind the new H2.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-18-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   

enough said.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-18-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Like J-rod said! I hate that, people that have boats and boards cuz its cool and not cuz they love to wakeboard. You are not a wakeboarder when you drive around town with your boards on the racks so people can see that you have the new "parks". One of my friends has a X-30 with a H2 it not that bad, It would look better if he had a Ford. but he is sick behind the boat. landin 5 new 540 in the last 2weeks, switch 5, grab hs 5, ts oa 5, grab ts oa 5, hs oa 5. Lands them every time. I hate him.

(Message edited by bigpapaf1f on August 18, 2005)
Old    stake_sawced            08-18-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
when you set a maximum weight limit for the passengers on your boat.
Old    baileysmith            08-18-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Hahahahahahaa!! I can't believe you actually made this a thread. That's so awesome. Thank-you Paul!

I really liked thomas's response. Here's all I can think of for now. Maybe more later.

When you are not considered a wakeboarder:

If your every thought isn't occupied by either when you will wakeboard next, what you'll do the next time you wakeboard, or creative ways to make tubers "disappear," then you're not a wakeboarder.

If you frequently see the word "powerturn" and still don't know what it means, you're not a wakeboarder. Forget anything you have on your schedule and go figure out what it means. Ask a real wakeboarder. They won't laugh, I promise...

Anyways, to state the obvious, you're definitely not a wakeboarder if you can't get up on the board, or have no desire to try. Congrats to anyone who has at least tried. If you couldn't get up... Well, I don't think anyone would be on this site if they've never gotten out of the water on a wakeboard, but just in case... I'm horribly sorry. You have my condolences.

If you look at a large body of water you can see perfect reflections in it or hear the word "glass" and not think of wakeboarding, you're not a wakeboarder.

That's all for now...

-Bailey
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-18-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   

quote:

When are you not considered a wakeboarder?

when you don't wakeboard.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       08-18-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
When you grow out of the need for bindings and get a wakeskate.