Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-09-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
I ordered an 08 blue lake off boarders best buy a month or so ago.. I just got the chance to open it up, and im a bit confused...

It only came with two fins, but it has boxes (I guess thats what they are called) for two other fins to go in. A piece of plastic (that don't fit as well as I'd like) is in 2 of the 4 boxes.

I saw some pics of a blue lake online and they didn't have these. Did I get a reject? What's the deal?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-09-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
No,you got the Blue Lake Quad Fin.You have to get 2 more fins from Inland Surfer,or just ride it with 2 like the regular 2 fin Blue Lake.Check their web site,they have a video on that board.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-09-2008, 10:44 PM Reply   
I looked on the inland surfer website in the video section and didn't see anything about a quad fin setup. ??? Adding to the confusion....

Which fins will work?? I guess I could always use the 2 fins off my Yellow Loogie, and get some shorter ones so I can experiment with fin setup... Will all the fins but the skim fins fit? I'm pretty clueless. It's hard to tell if it is the same shape via picture.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-09-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
I looked on the inland surfer website in the video section and didn't see anything about a quad fin setup. ??? Adding to the confusion....

Which fins will work?? I guess I could always use the 2 fins off my Yellow Loogie, and get some shorter ones so I can experiment with fin setup... Will all the fins but the skim fins fit? I'm pretty clueless. It's hard to tell if it is the same shape via picture.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-09-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
Go to shop click on boards then click on the carbon rail quad Blue Lake.The vid. is there and talks about fins and set ups.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-10-2008, 2:17 AM Reply   
I have the quad fin blue lake and use the provided fins on the outside boxes and trick fins which were red in color 7cm I think on the inside. This setup worked well for me and gave the board a lot of thrust yet still could break loose. We were riding behind an Avalanche set up with ballast. It worked really well.
Old     (lance_alot)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
More fins or bigger fins equal a tighter feel- more "drive", more "tracking". Less fins or smaller fins equal a looser feel- easier to spin.
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-10-2008, 11:49 PM Reply   
We ran the Blue lake QUAD FIN on BBB. Sorry for the confusion it said in the description only 2 fins included. We have more fins available or on the IS site.

Thanks and let us know if we can answer or help out with any questions.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-11-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Yeah BoardersMall carries lots of IS fins otherwise you can always call IS.